For the love of syrup!

Jimmy

8 hours ago, sonics01 said:

PV Molly's house kitchen cabinet. 

Mt. Timberwolf summit, from the body just below the tail section container floor.  

I can verify the Summit of Timberwolf Mountain does not contain guaranteed syrup spawns in the cargo containers or corpse. Checked myself, so looks like it's a semi-random spawn on the corpse at best.

• Upvote 1

screen_6f5659b7-b340-48dc-b6da-2682e97375f3.thumb.png.8760c7b421ea69e95938848cce9a5039.png

Mountain Town Milton House

Aside from the spawn in the pantry, I also discovered one in a cupboard. However, a second run failed to produce either. Seems this isn't a guaranteed location.

Edited by Jimmy
Second run info

1 hour ago, Boneviolin said:

yep i went to check the safe at hibernia processing for another time and found one there, so it seems to be a guaranteed location.

Also I found two bottles from just normal milton houses.

I went to hibernia twice, and no syrup in the safe.  Not guaranteed.

PV Farmstead is guaranteed to have at minimum:  1 syrup and 1 ketchup chips.  I've found 2 chips and 2 syrups on some saves.  Everything can spawn in several places, so look around.

Edited by hozz1235
  • Upvote 1

So far I got 7 syrups in 2 runs.

Run 1: TWM (0), PV (1 in Farmstead). Still playing this run, now heading CH.

Run 2 (4-5h of relaxed gameplay), got 6 in total: 2 at MT (Mother's house and the farm, 0 for quonset and other town buildings), ML (1, checked only a few locations - traper's hut, camp office, Alan's cave + hunting's stand close to it, finally got 1 syrup after checking whole Carter's Dam from the dam's safe), 2 at CH (both islands - rabbit's and misantrope's, checked also a fishing camp, log sort, quonset + close building/cars, train unloading and waterfront cottages), 1 at Desolace (Hibernia's safe, 0 for Rikken and the lighthouse), then I decided to quit this run. It looks like a quite promising route for further syrup's runs, I'll definitely try it again.

I got more than 25 chips so far, so I stopped to count.

Bleak Inlet - Washed-Out Trailers: 1 inside the intact trailer there. Currently waiting for an aurora, dunno if I can handle too many stormy nights there tho.

I've been coming up empty for the most part, so far. (ML, FM, BR, partially explored BI now)

I found 2 maple syrups on my Interloper run right after this event launched (my run started before). On my current Winter's Embrace run, I've explored almost the entire map, and I have only JUST now found my fourth syrup. I've had some suspicions for a while that I think may be confirmed.

My first 2 syrups on my WE run were in Broken Railroad, but my third was found way on the opposite side of the map at the Farmhouse at Pleasant Valley Homestead. The one I just found was in Milton at the Paradise Farms house. Both of these last two found syrups were sitting on a shelf or counter. The one at the PV house was at 0% (on day 25), and the one at the PF house was at 1%. The first two syrups I found were in good condition, but these last two were almost completely decayed. (I gulped them down anyway, of course).

We know that items at 0% that are dropped on the ground or found on a table, shelf, etc. do not disappear, but ones that are in containers, drawers, and corpses, etc. disappear once they reach 0%. Is it possible that maple syrup has an exceptionally fast decay rate, which is causing players difficulty finding them, especially in places where spawns are likely guaranteed?

If so, it's one of the most unrealistic things in this game, considering natural maple syrup is one of the most shelf stable foods on the planet - second to honey, of course, which never spoils (only separates).

On 7/5/2020 at 9:10 AM, Ruruwawa said:

So maybe the maple syrup is spoiling then disappearing before it can be looted?

Items placed in the world don't disappear when they hit 0%, that only happens when you put it into a container.  It is quite possible to pick up a 0% item off the ground or a shelf or something, and in fact this has happened many many times during Winter's Embrace for me.  Not with syrup specifically, but sardines, condensed milk, soda, cured leather, energy bars, etc.  Save 'em for dinner, eat 'em before bed, pop some antibiotics and sleep it off.

• Upvote 1

The appearance of maple syrup on the floor, on a table, etc. seems to be random. Loot tables? That seems to be the same as when looking for a revolver or rifle.

It's also the same for the safes, refrigerators, bodies, lockers, and backpacks you mentioned.

1 hour ago, stmSantana said:

I found a corpse with syrup.
TWM-Mountaintop
HRV-Mysterious Signal Fire.
HRV-Valley Cave.

Is it possible to randomly obtain syrup from any corpse?
Or are only the corpses in a particular location possessing the syrup?

I have yet to find syrup on a corpse. (Can you imagine if someone quoted this out of context IRL) ) 

• Like 1