Poll: Are items in car visors?

Rebeccap2012

Are items in car visors?  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm hoping to gather easy to read information/statistics regarding finding/not finding items in visors over the last year (2018/2019)

I myself have searched through the forum and most people who say they found items, found them a couple of years back or earlier.

So I made a poll for any instances in the last year. Please answer honestly as this information can help others.

Thank you :)

Edited by Rebeccap2012
  • Upvote 1

In 5 years, I have never found anything under the visors... but I will check them forever because Hinterland does occasionally make "stealth changes."

Besides, it's just part of the ritual now... and nowadays I use them to mark cars (because of that one time I almost died because the hood was up and I couldn't see snarling death waiting just outside - after that, no more lifted hoods).

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

I could swear I found a candy bar up in a visor back in an early version, like before Timberwolf Mountain existed.  But nothing in years since.

Do you by chance remember if it fell or stuck to the visor? I feel like they'd have to rig that area for it to either swing with the visor rotating or animating it falling so it wouldn't look weird stuck to the ceiling. That sounds like a lot of work for something so rare.

However, I still check when I feel lucky XD.

53 minutes ago, MarrowStone said:

Do you by chance remember if it fell or stuck to the visor? I feel like they'd have to rig that area for it to either swing with the visor rotating or animating it falling so it wouldn't look weird stuck to the ceiling. That sounds like a lot of work for something so rare.

However, I still check when I feel lucky XD.

Yeah I remember it being stuck to the actual visor.  It seems more likely that it was something in a dream that I'm misremembering as reality.

6 hours ago, StoneyWolf said:

Never found anything in survival mode, but can't you find a note in one of the visor's in Milton story mode? or maybe it's on the floor or seat can't remember.

On the floor or seat (I think on the seat...). Not in the visor. Same with the Notes Left behind in Survival Mode. In cars, they are not in the visors, they are on the seat (or floor).

• 2 weeks later...

Just voted. In my nearly 4 years of playing this game, I have never, ever found anything there. I've heard tales of lore regarding fantastic visor caches full of many glorious items, but that was back in very Early Access. I guess I was just never lucky enough to come across any. Those things have been empty for years since.

On 11/27/2019 at 2:13 PM, hozz1235 said:

I once found a note that said:

Reveal hidden contents

STOP CHECKING THE VISORS - THERE IS NOTHING HERE!!

On 11/30/2019 at 6:41 PM, turtle777 said:

It’s still a secret, but in a future update, Fluffy will spawn from underneath a visor. Be afraid, be very afraid. 

-t

I really hope they take either of you up on your ideas 😄

On 11/16/2019 at 8:32 AM, ManicManiac said:

In 5 years, I have never found anything under the visors... but I will check them forever because Hinterland does occasionally make "stealth changes."

Besides, it's just part of the ritual now... and nowadays I use them to mark cars (because of that one time I almost died because the hood was up and I couldn't see snarling death waiting just outside - after that, no more lifted hoods).

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Ahhh... I've been marking my cars with the open hood forever. Now I'm paranoid after reading this! Maybe I'll just start going with the trunk instead. I like having something I can see at a little distance.

On 11/27/2019 at 11:13 PM, hozz1235 said:

I once found a note that said:

Reveal hidden contents

STOP CHECKING THE VISORS - THERE IS NOTHING HERE!!

Let's do this in a more appropriate The Long Dark style:

The note said: 

"There aren’t many resources left in the region. I can still melt and boil water, so I won’t die of dehydration. But packaged food is mostly ruined. My rifle broke the other day. I tried to build a bow and make some arrows, but it’s hard. In movies, they make this seem so easy. I still check behind the visors of the abandoned cars and trucks I find on my way. Matthew used to hide protein bars there. I think I even found one, months ago. Maybe it was his car. Maybe I just hallucinated that. Anyway, I keep looking, out of habit. Knowing full well there’s nothing there. Has hope become so small it can hide behind a car’s visor?"

😉

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Morrick said:

Let's do this in a more appropriate The Long Dark style:

Hide contents

The note said: 

"There aren’t many resources left in the region. I can still melt and boil water, so I won’t die of dehydration. But packaged food is mostly ruined. My rifle broke the other day. I tried to build a bow and make some arrows, but it’s hard. In movies, they make this seem so easy. I still check behind the visors of the abandoned cars and trucks I find on my way. Matthew used to hide protein bars there. I think I even found one, months ago. Maybe it was his car. Maybe I just hallucinated that. Anyway, I keep looking, out of habit. Knowing full well there’s nothing there. Has hope become so small it can hide behind a car’s visor?"

😉

Nicely done!  I still like mine though 😉

On 11/18/2019 at 2:25 PM, Lohaan said:

In earlier versions of the game, you could find stuff. But it's been removed. Trust me...in our Facebook group, this question comes up a lot. There's nothing there. 

Sure? I played quite a lot when only Mystery Lake and Coastal Highway existed, and to my recollection ML never featured cars, so CH was the first region with cars (and consequently, visors). I never found anything under the car visors. The same when more regions were added (I think the order was PV, TWM, FM): nothing.

21 minutes ago, Hotzn said:

Sure?

100% sure. I found a flare gun once. And like i mentioned, the question comes up regularly in our Facebook group, and several people have reported finding items at least once, including matches, , candy bars, gloves, ammo, and more. But not for several years now, although they keep looking.  EDIT: I just did a search in the group and the question has come up at least 20 times since 2017ish, and on all occasions, yes, something has been found in earlier versions. 

Edited by Lohaan
adding info

On 12/23/2019 at 2:54 AM, Hotzn said:

Sure? I played quite a lot when only Mystery Lake and Coastal Highway existed, and to my recollection ML never featured cars, so CH was the first region with cars (and consequently, visors). I never found anything under the car visors. The same when more regions were added (I think the order was PV, TWM, FM): nothing.

Doesn’t the rail “car” in front of the Carter Hydro Damm have a visor ?

Was this car a late addition ?

-t

On 12/23/2019 at 4:12 AM, Lohaan said:
On 12/23/2019 at 3:54 AM, Hotzn said:

Sure?

100% sure. I found a flare gun once. And like i mentioned, the question comes up regularly in our Facebook group, and several people have reported finding items at least once, including matches, , candy bars, gloves, ammo, and more. But not for several years now, although they keep looking.  EDIT: I just did a search in the group and the question has come up at least 20 times since 2017ish, and on all occasions, yes, something has been found in earlier versions. 

Any screenshots (not obviously photoshopped) to show proof ever posted? Any screenshots I have ever seen (Steam SS or otherwise) of "visor items" or "The Lighthouse Wolf" have had the telltale line(s) of mismatched or missing pixels around the edge of the item or the wolf. And it's easy to say "Yeah, I found xxx..." when not asked to show proof.

2 hours ago, turtle777 said:

Doesn’t the rail “car” in front of the Carter Hydro Damm have a visor ?

Was this car a late addition ?

If you mean the truck outside the gated area, just across the bridge going in, yes. It has visors. And yes, it is "newish" (added when Wintermute first went live in 2017, and the Dam was given a complete overhaul and Fluffy was removed from the Dam in Survival Mode). Never found anything in the visors of that truck either.