Introducing ELEGY - a visual poem of The Long Dark

Pushed play.  Hit pause to get the headphones, 'cause  whoever is narrating is the real deal.  Rewind.  Watched (and wept)... powerful stuff.  Got to the credits...

Christopher Plummer... seriously!?  He's still got it.  And he gets it too, the Long Dark 'it'.  Must be a Canadian thing.

And the writing... hats off to @Raphael van Lierop.  Wow.  I can't get it out of my head, both the message and the writing itself.  This part I replayed several times:

Did you remember the power your could summon?
It flowed through the wires
A ghost in the machine, a Trojan Horse
Our glory, our servant
Our doom

Fantastic!

Edited by Ruruwawa
  • Upvote 10

Wow that was amazing:)

really emotional stuff, Nice to see some of the real locations which have inspired the game/maps.

really well done, also I'm curious.

Is this maybe a hint of things to come?

The Long dark movie?

Edited by sierra 117
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, sierra 117 said:

Wow that was amazing:)

really emotional stuff, Nice to see some of the real locations which have inspired the game/maps.

really well done, also I'm curious.

Is this maybe a hint of things to come?

The Long dark movie?

Sierra - check out that Hollywood Reporter story we linked right below the video. Should answer some questions for you! :coffee:

• Upvote 2

Not sure if i got this right. There is no complete film in the making or planning, this is just a glimpse of how a long dark movie COULD look like IF they decide to produce one, right?

I missed my chance to support The Long Dark via Kickstarter, but will i have the chance to support the movie this time? Please say yes

1 minute ago, Karl Grylls said:

Not sure if i got this right. There is no complete film in the making or planning, this is just a glimpse of how a long dark movie COULD look like IF they decide to produce one, right?

I missed my chance to support The Long Dark via Kickstarter, but will i have the chance to support the movie this time? Please say yes

Hey @Karl Grylls, check out this story for more information: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/resident-evil-producer-developing-long-dark-film-1025426

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

I already had when i wrote my post :/

//ok read it again. So it's concrete. That's an astonishing move Hinterland. There won't be any other game studio that will counterfeit that with the same ressources and possibilities.

Edited by Karl Grylls
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

A feature film is in-development, yes. Producer Jeremy Bolt is attached to the project now. The ELEGY short film was a taste of what's possible with this material. 

Thank you for the explanation. I am an absolute fan of the Endzeit-Genre and the announcement of a film set in this genre AND related with my favourite video game, is..... I am so happy, i can't realise that right now oO

Edited by Karl Grylls
  • Upvote 2

Oh my God. Bravura stuff. And you got the Duke of Wellington to voice it too! Serious chills, can't tell if it's excitement or the lowering of body temperature through the sheer frozen atmosphere exuding from that video. Saw a thread for this on Reddit but ignored it thinking it was just referring to some fan machina, thank crikey I looked closer when I saw it was a thread here too!

Also, the reason why we've all had to leave Mystery Lake's Camp Office is because Christopher Plummer's in there rummaging through our drawers and stuff.

• Upvote 4

That was... absolutely beautiful. And I think it's fair to say that after months, years really, of speculation in this community... none of us saw this coming, the day before release day. Ballsy move, and it looks just incredible. And now I just can't wait for tomorrow!! 

• Upvote 1

Wonderful I must say. All those ingame things we see. The woman on the stairs! I hope you tell a good story. Make it a demanding one! Wow how did you get Mr. Plummer...? Now I'm dreaming of a TV show on.. HBO etc... :)

Btw, same name and topic.

Edited by tortuosit

Well. I guess I am eating my words now, on my hypothesies :D

This trailer has been incredibly well done, and I am absolutely sure that this movie will be worth the watch. I hardly ever share things and trailers in social media, this is GOING up immediately. I am clapping once again, Hinterland you have once more exceeded my expectations, and secondly clapping for people involved in this movie as it will, no doubt, be worth a watch but also a chore to film. Would not be surprised if most actors involved had to receive survival training just for the filming, even I expect the hardest parts will be played by stunts.

BRAVO. The trailer was very powerful. An elderly narrator was an amazing choice!