Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

I'm curious if folks are still able to spawn in lots of lanterns, or simply find alot say in Pilgrim, to do some lantern landscaping. Like at the beginning of this thread. I'd love too see some current version "lantern-scapes' if folks have any!

Edited by slvrsrfr
to or too?
  • Upvote 1

I was just looking around the maintenance yard trap, when I thought "hu, stupid me, can wolves come in here ? If so, I'll be soon feeling like a rabbit, and end like one..."

Turns out they can't, you can see 2 of the three wolves that came seconds later, all of them did the puppy fear dance before leaving the yard.
screen_9b906e6e-164b-4ba1-8390-acc316d6abe2_hi.thumb.png.e13abe2f84aef42dd2402f687164e216.png

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, FrozenCorpse said:

Did you shoulder your rifle on them?  It's possible that they ran "this time", but might not always...  Maybe if 10/10 encounters all end with scared wolves, I might consider them safe...

I went there to make arrows to stop being defenseless :). I arrived too tired to make starting a fire worth it. I was just enjoying the last bit of light, because I haven't heard any bark or howl since the locomotive where I had to pay the gate-keeper (extortion, wolfy mafia style).
In fact, I was really lucky to be in this, they came soundless. I went in because I thought I've seen something in it, it was just a strange form of the frame. I went further up for the "fun", stopped to think about the wolves and s****ed my pants seeing 3 actually showing up.

Anyway, using a rifle here against 3 wolves might just trigger the charge, I think. I did take out a torch and was about to light it when they started running.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrozenCorpse said:

I see.  It might not even be possible to shoulder a rifle while crouched in a pipe... I've never tried.  But something definitely worth looking into. 

yeah, that made me rethink the whole BR situation, a map that I was avoiding (except for runs like this one when I can't find hammer in FM). But now that I've checked the yard correctly, there are some good places to wait safely for the wolves to come get some iron. So, arrows+fur vest definitively worth the trip, if you have bow and sticks ready. Plus I love the hunting lodge, I can finally see how to make it a regular home without fearing to much to cross the map.

Thanks for posting your screenshot. :)

My pleasure ;)