November 2023 Dev Diary

Admin

2 hours ago, fbr said:

Also, please make this possible for custom games. I'm quite disappointed that still isn't possible to have a random start in Forskaken Airfield.

I'm constantly getting spawns to FA in Custom? In fact, more than any other region I'd say.

The one that is actually criminally still neglegted in starts is Bleak Inlet.

41 minutes ago, Mistral said:

I'm constantly getting spawns to FA in Custom? In fact, more than any other region I'd say.

Agreed.  I'd love to be able to select a start in Upper Bleak Inlet from the custom menu, which would enable me to open up the entire zone within the confines of a one-zone challenge run.  As it is, I have to fudge the start in Mystery Lake and make a rule to only collect the rope (if needed) to climb down into Upper Bleak Inlet, which just seems to spoil the spirit of a one-zone challenge.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mistral said:

Did you notice if every time you spawned at exactly the same point (entrance of the map, from the transition areas)?

At least when you choose the map at the beginning  the run, the spawn is always there.

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Anyone else starting a hopeful countdown to the update?  😁

Yes. Patiently waiting while I play Raft after work.  I am very much looking forward to the new update announcement and playing it or course. One save is in FA (completed Signal Void) and ready to make the walk over to Langston Mine.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, LumiStylesTTV said:

Yes. Patiently waiting while I play Raft after work.  I am very much looking forward to the new update announcement and playing it or course. One save is in FA (completed Signal Void) and ready to make the walk over to Langston Mine.

I thought of going to transfer with my main run but not sure where the canisters are going to be so left her in pv for now.. my side run is doing the very slow overburdened walk with as much gear as possible😁

• Upvote 1

On 11/11/2023 at 4:49 AM, ChillPlayer said:

Awesome update, thank you very much!

I was also very excited when I've read about the new scurvy affliction, I suggested something similar in the old forum back in 2015 and now it's finally implemented:

Now, can we get rid of Cabin Fever please? :D

I personally enjoy the mechanic as a balancing system for the benefits of being inside. 

if it bothers you that much, just turn off the feature through a custom game.

4 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Anyone else starting a hopeful countdown to the update?  😁

cigarettes-coffee.gif.80db8042c262c836d0826f1070b9e597.gif
Yes, still waiting with bated breath...

:coffee::fire::coffee:
In the meantime, looking to finish the last leg of my current chronicle ...Memory Lane...
Blackrock sucker punched me hard my first full day in the region, but I think I have a good foothold now. :D 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

cigarettes-coffee.gif.80db8042c262c836d0826f1070b9e597.gif
Yes, still waiting with bated breath...

:coffee::fire::coffee:
In the meantime, looking to finish the last leg of my current chronicle ...Memory Lane...
Blackrock sucker punched me hard my first full day in the region, but I think I have a good foothold now. :D 

Lol..  

You'll get there😊.  And plenty of chance to try the new recipes and fishing.

22 minutes ago, chrislacruz said:

I started it the day of the annoucement.. ferrying stuff backwards and forwards to the train station and stock piling things that might make a Travois!😃

I did that on my main run but the side one just wasn't ready enough til now😁

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LumiStylesTTV said:

I've been playing a new game recently:  Mr. Prepper.  Simple, but really enjoying it!

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 8:20 PM, rush247 said:

Don't know why everyone is so bummed about the toxic wolves.  They don't really sound like zombies to me.  Also I don't think they're a replacement for cougars like some are thinking, Raph would say so if they were I would think.

i agree. i feel that the toxic wolves are a new feature that is its own thing, not some cliché feature or a replacement for a highly requested one. even besides all that, what is there to be upset about? ITS. TOXIC. WOLVES.  Whats not to like?

• Upvote 1

I'm waiting. I have a good long custom run fired up that's only been in Lower Great Bear. I'm in BRM now, and really enjoying being reminded how good this region is; it'd been a while since I spent any time there. When the new level drops, I'm going via Keeper's -> PV -> ML -> FM etc. Should be an epic trip.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, RobotDino11 said:

i agree. i feel that the toxic wolves are a new feature that is its own thing, not some cliché feature or a replacement for a highly requested one. even besides all that, what is there to be upset about? ITS. TOXIC. WOLVES.  Whats not to like?

Oh, I'm quite certain I'm going to hate the toxic wolves (in the best possible way).  It should be quite a challenge getting through that zone.  I'm starting to wonder whether their might be some sort of time limit on solving or containing the source of the contamination to prevent it from spreading to other zones across the map (as a DLC quest).

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Oh, I'm quite certain I'm going to hate the toxic wolves (in the best possible way).  It should be quite a challenge getting through that zone.  I'm starting to wonder whether their might be some sort of time limit on solving or containing the source of the contamination to prevent it from spreading to other zones across the map (as a DLC quest).

i could see that existing. it would add another sort of goal to the game, maybe like if you enter the region, you have so long to unlock its secrets then contain it kinda thing.

On 11/28/2023 at 11:12 AM, Leeanda said:

I thought of going to transfer with my main run but not sure where the canisters are going to be so left her in pv for now.. my side run is doing the very slow overburdened walk with as much gear as possible😁

I have one run that is Milton to head over to HRV to get to the bunker. Might grab the moose satchel if it's in the location that's close by.  I had most of Milton looted, but stopped cuz I was like hmm canisters and is there going to be new spawns for foods to fight off scurvy? So now I'm just on a hold.  As for my main run, sink or swim and hope for good rng. I'd imagine the new items will spawn in on a previously looted run. *Fingers crossed*

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, LumiStylesTTV said:

I have one run that is Milton to head over to HRV to get to the bunker. Might grab the moose satchel if it's in the location that's close by.  I had most of Milton looted, but stopped cuz I was like hmm canisters and is there going to be new spawns for foods to fight off scurvy? So now I'm just on a hold.  As for my main run, sink or swim and hope for good rng. I'd imagine the new items will spawn in on a previously looted run. *Fingers crossed*

New gear usually does turn up after somewheres been looted.. not sure where the canisters will be though.. whether they mean scattered everywhere or just the new territories I don't know...

The side run is the tester to find everything out before I risk my long run.. 

I'm not sure what they'll add for the scurvy  ,maybe new food or just make rosehips renewable maybe.

Birch bark is a source of citric acid, as it turns out. I suspect it's more about forcing the idea of a balanced diet. Hard to know, there's lots of food that covers it (canned peaches, herbal, birch bark, and rosehip tea) including one infinite food (birch bark tea).

I do think it would be interesting to see the introduction of proper nutrition as a concept. I'm interested in seeing how it could work out. There's a lot of ways that this could go, including the introduction of organ meats as a harvestable component of an animal carcass.

9 hours ago, Leeanda said:

New gear usually does turn up after somewheres been looted.. not sure where the canisters will be though.. whether they mean scattered everywhere or just the new territories I don't know...

The side run is the tester to find everything out before I risk my long run.. 

I'm not sure what they'll add for the scurvy  ,maybe new food or just make rosehips renewable maybe.

1 hour ago, stratvox said:

Birch bark is a source of citric acid, as it turns out. I suspect it's more about forcing the idea of a balanced diet. Hard to know, there's lots of food that covers it (canned peaches, herbal, birch bark, and rosehip tea) including one infinite food (birch bark tea).

I do think it would be interesting to see the introduction of proper nutrition as a concept. I'm interested in seeing how it could work out. There's a lot of ways that this could go, including the introduction of organ meats as a harvestable component of an animal carcass.

Burdock also has some vitamin C as well. With the ability for recipes, I wouldn't mind some new food items/recipes. Maybe a carton of Orange juice left behind somewhere lol. Although there is plenty of choices already, if there is potatoes and carrots in the world, I wouldn't mind some citrus fruits.

If the canisters are in other regions, it would make sense to have a stash in FA since it's connected to Langston Mine. Shipment of canisters that never made it to the mine.

4 hours ago, LumiStylesTTV said:

Burdock also has some vitamin C as well. With the ability for recipes, I wouldn't mind some new food items/recipes. Maybe a carton of Orange juice left behind somewhere lol. Although there is plenty of choices already, if there is potatoes and carrots in the world, I wouldn't mind some citrus fruits.

If the canisters are in other regions, it would make sense to have a stash in FA since it's connected to Langston Mine. Shipment of canisters that never made it to the mine.

Well if they are in forsaken then I'll have to sit and wait for aurora nights to go and get them .. that road feels so long lol...😁

1 hour ago, Abenico said:

Citric acid is found only in citrus fruits. 

Birch bark doesn't contain vitamine C. There is acid used in Aspirin works as anelgetic. 

Just for the record....

Birch bark is rich in potassium, magnesium, calcium, zinc, iron, phosphorus, vitamin C and thiamine.

Vitamin C is found in Citrus fruits AND Tomatoes, Broccoli, Sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower and White potatoes

• Upvote 2