Pop-Up Merch Store Update

Admin

On 11/1/2023 at 5:36 PM, Improvised Distress Pistol said:

Mere words cannot express my soul's *longing* for that coffee mug! It will will have pride of place in my microwave

Hopefully that's a joke because that mug is enamel coated steel. It'll turn your microwave into a pretty neat light show to keep you entertained while you wait for the house fire.

• Upvote 5

42 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

Hopefully that's a joke because that mug is enamel coated steel. It'll turn your microwave into a pretty neat light show to keep you entertained while you wait for the house fire.

Btw, why can't we heat food in microwaves during auroras ? 😁

• Upvote 4

@Abenico Thats the point. If the microwave would be functional during aurora and character put a metal thing like the cup of coffee inside and turned it on... One could experience aurora inside. It would not be explosive as putting for example closed can. Although closed can should be pretty safe. I think the can metal would prevent the inside from heating while producing sparks.

The airline food could be different when heated without any punctures. Maybe it could open the microwave and distribute the food quickly over whole cabin.

That said. Please do not put metal cup or closed container with food into microwave and turn it on IRL. Even unbroken raw eggs can mess your kitchen pretty badly.

Edited by acada
  • Upvote 1

@Abenico I see there is some misunderstanding. Sorry english is not my language. What I ment was that working microwave in game would be nice. And if it was so, then putting ingame coffee mug during aurora into working microwave could be nice ingame event.

And as for the IRL warning. I meant it for any random reader who could think that it would be great idea.

Again sorry for crossed wires.

• Upvote 3

Hello survivors, we’ve seen a few questions regarding our recent announcement of our Pop-Up Shop opening Nov 6th and here are some answers. 

Q: Why have you opened the Merch Store now, and why as a limited virtual Pop-Up?A: We were forced to close our Merch Store due to COVID, and it has been closed for years. Due to overwhelming player requests for Hinterland and THE LONG DARK merch items, we have opened it up for a limited time so that fans who want to purchase items can get them in time for the holidays. We plan to restock the store with new items in the new year, so this will be the last opportunity to buy some of these items.

Q: Can we ship to Australia, EU, UK, Switzerland, Turkey? 
A: All merchandise will be shipped from Canada and international shipping costs will be calculated for each order based on country of delivery. For some countries, you will be responsible for any additional customs taxes and fees.

Q: Will we be able to ship to Ukraine or Russia?
A: Unfortunately, we cannot ship to Ukraine or Russia at this time. 

Q: Will we be able to ship to Brazil? 
A: Shipping to Brazil is possible but we highly encourage you to learn more about your import and customs taxes and fees policies you will be responsible for. 

Q: Can you pick up orders locally? 
A: Sadly, no this will not be an option. 

Q: What is the Hinterland Mug made of? Is it microwave safe?
A: The mug is metal and therefore not microwave safe. More information will be available once the shop opens. 

Q: What time on Nov 6th will the shop open? 
A: We’re aiming for sometime in the afternoon, Pacific time zone. 

• Upvote 6

On 11/1/2023 at 4:35 PM, Leeanda said:

@Admin  just wondered if the goods  can be gifted to someone on the forum?   Through you so to speak..

You should be able to enter a shipping address that is different from your billing address in the shop.

• Upvote 1