September Dev Diary

Admin

Me using Starfield's ship modification interface, which dictates limitations on character exploration, inventory and combat features; includes a dynamic and fully interactive internal environment; and also creates a seamless setting for NPC/character interaction: Neat

Me, Now With Mittens: How is this possible

21 hours ago, axl said:

They spend more time on the Tales from the Far Territory than first finishing Winter Mute Espiode 5 and even then we say we are busy with it, I don't believe it at all anymore

Can you imagine that those bugs might troubling Wintermute and future versions as well? It's important to fix them

Edited by Karl Grylls
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, axl said:

why should I still read it so that they can say every time we are working on it and they will keep saying that until the year 2028 and then you read we are almost done with episode 5

Did you read @Raphael van LieropĀ comment yesterday?Ā  Ā Ā 

I get you're frustrated but trying to push or annoy them isn't helping them or you...Ā 

• Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really thankful for repairing those throngs of issues with the latest update, many game-breaking ones (not being able to enter safehouses), or otherwise annoying ones (like the Schrƶdinger carcasses, or thunder when nearing a snow shelter) - among others. Thank you HL!

After this update, I carefully tried again to play, and as my trust started to slowly recuperate, I unfortunately ran into yet another serious one...
I see that it is listed among the known issues as "Clothing will dry at a much slower rate near a fire while worn".Ā 
While this may seem like a less important issue, in my current, new run I have gotten frostbite after spending the night in a fishing hut with fire burning all night (well above 30 degrees) - my clothing was drying so "slowly", that it actually froze...
Not game-breaking, but seriously limiting bug I would say... I hope it would also get sorted out when the next update arrives.
Also, that entering houses does not always trigger a save is probably one of the more important ones... (it is not listed in the known issues)

Thank you HL, in advance!

Edited by AdamvR
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, AdamvR said:

I'm really thankful for repairing those throngs of issues with the latest update, many game-breaking ones (not being able to enter safehouses), or otherwise annoying ones (like the Schrƶdinger carcasses, or thunder when nearing a snow shelter) - among others. Thank you HL!

After this update, I carefully tried again to play, and as my trust started to slowly recuperate, I unfortunately ran into yet another serious one...
I see that it is listed among the known issues as "Clothing will dry at a much slower rate near a fire while worn".Ā 
While this may seem like a less important issue, in my current, new run I have gotten frostbite after spending the night in a fishing hut with fire burning all night (well above 30 degrees) - my clothing was drying so "slowly", that it actually froze...
Not game-breaking, but seriously limiting bug I would say... I hope it would also get sorted out when the next update arrives.
Also, that entering houses does not always trigger a save is probably one of the more important ones... (it is not listed in the known issues)

Thank you HL, in advance!

The wet clothing has a workaround...just drop the clothes on the floor then pick them back up again,it should speed up the drying process again.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mistral said:

For very brief second, when I opened the forums I thought someone had replied to "October dev diary" thread, but alas, too good to be true, and it's still the September one

Crickets

lol, me too.Ā  That briefest spark of excitement.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, AdamvR said:

well, i did find it out the hard way...
(never before had a problem with wet/frozen clothes)

and sorry for necroing the thread from September;-)

I know..I had the same thing.. but I've got into the habit of taking gear off if everything is wet anyway.. but sometimes you don't realize how wet they are..Ā  well I don't anyway.

On 9/20/2023 at 8:58 AM, Homesteader4Life said:

don't see how your political opinion of X/Twitter has any bearing on the DLC.Ā  You being unwilling to look up the info on a public forum and saying it is bad communication is very much in the same vein as the people who call missing deadlines a scam.Ā  If the info is there and you know where it is then is it really bad communication?Ā  Not debating whether or not you choose to use X, but you choosing to not look for updates on X seems like a you problem rather than a developer problem.

The problem is that now it's no longer possible to look at things people have posted to X without first creating an account, and that is not a reasonable demand to make for access to company communications.

• Upvote 6
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, stratvox said:

The problem is that now it's no longer possible to look at things people have posted to X without first creating an account, and that is not a reasonable demand to make for access to company communications.

And even in the age before Elon Musk, this twitter feed in question was also filled with personal posts that had nothing to do with TLD, so you had to scroll through to find the "updates"

Edited by Mistral
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Mistral said:

And even in the age before Elon Musk, this twitter feed in question was also filled with personal posts that had nothing to do with TLD, so you had to scroll through to find the "updates"

Search >Ā from:@RaphLife switch

Click "Latest", takes two seconds.

On 10/24/2023 at 8:43 PM, Mistral said:

For very brief second, when I opened the forums I thought someone had replied to "October dev diary" thread, but alas, too good to be true, and it's still the September one

Crickets

Ā 

On 10/24/2023 at 10:23 PM, hozz1235 said:

lol, me too.Ā  That briefest spark of excitement.

Tell me about it guys.......

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mistral said:

Maybe there will be a Halloween Miracle. Gift from the Great Pumpkin. We only have to believe.

I'd be happy with even a simple repeat of a previous 4DON. Sadly, I started playing the game when 4DON started to die off, and besides the Escape The Darkwalker event, I've only experienced 1 unique 4DON.Ā 

It's a bit of a long shot, but maybe one day they could add Custom Difficulty settings to create your own version of 4DON, that would be neat.

• Upvote 3