September Dev Diary

Admin

3 hours ago, Mistral said:

Maybe there will be a Halloween Miracle. Gift from the Great Pumpkin. We only have to believe.

I'd be happy with even a simple repeat of a previous 4DON. Sadly, I started playing the game when 4DON started to die off, and besides the Escape The Darkwalker event, I've only experienced 1 unique 4DON. 

It's a bit of a long shot, but maybe one day they could add Custom Difficulty settings to create your own version of 4DON, that would be neat.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Until you have to stand up, 

No, they really don't.
I have been shooting at them with the fire-hardened arrows, and even 2-3 very near misses seem not to wake them from their slumber. I have so much down, I do not really need more, primarily I was shooting them for practice and getting that Level5 Archery...
They are tiny and white and hiding in the grass usually - I would not waste the revolver rounds on them. I found that you have to aim a lot lower, than you'd expect with the FH arrow, and the wind seems to influence it a lot more, than the normal one.

Edited by AdamvR

8 minutes ago, AdamvR said:

No, they really don't.
I have been shooting at them with the fire-hardened arrows, and even 2-3 very near misses seem not to wake them from their slumber. I have so much down, I do not really need more, primarily I was shooting them for practice and getting that Level5 Archery...

Really?  The second I get up to shoot they scarper....

I don't have that on my main run because I was already level 5 before they were introduced.

I finally got two birds,with the bow..  they're still bulletproof though,including the rifle..  I was about two foot away from it and aimed right at it's chest...bang..and off it flew..

On a side note...has anyone else really not had the missing crashed plane in hrv? I didn't think they could vanish..

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

I haven't tried rocks - do they scare them away?

I've just tried it yesterday, because of reading about it:)
If you hit them directly with a rock, they are like rabbits, you need to run and break their necks.
The rest of the flock will fly away.
If your stone jumps on the snow before hitting them, all fly away... only direct hits count.
(rabbits can also be stunned with jumping stones)
FHA are waay better i think..., once you have access to them...

Edited by AdamvR

While waiting for something to happen, here are the past release dates for the "December region updates" since those became a permanent thing post-HRV. (Yes, I'm basically now treating this next DLC patch as another region update too)

Bleak Inlet - December 9, 2019
Ash Canyon - December 7, 2020
Blackrock (Survival version) - December 7, 2021
Forsaken Airfield - December 5, 2022

It's probably a safe bet that we'll get something in 4 weeks time then.

Edited by Mistral
  • Upvote 3

• Admin unpinned this topic