TFTFT3 Bugs and Feedback Thread (Merged)

Thank you for the ongoing feedback. We released a Hotfix yesterday on Steam to address a number of issues: 

We also released a fix today to address an issue introduced during the v2.20 Update: 

Please stay tuned for additional information and updates, and please don't hesitate to reach out via the Support Portal if you experience any issues: http://hinterlandgames.com/support

11 hours ago, Admin said:

Thank you for the ongoing feedback. We released a Hotfix yesterday on Steam to address a number of issues: 

We also released a fix today to address an issue introduced during the v2.20 Update: 

Please stay tuned for additional information and updates, and please don't hesitate to reach out via the Support Portal if you experience any issues: http://hinterlandgames.com/support

15 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I got multiple stones outside desolation church today...  Everything else seems to be back to normal though.

Aside from this yesterday ,I also found another spot in the pv/winding river cave that was spawning multiple sticks..    it was only in one particular spot . This is on Xbox after the last update that was supposed to fix the issue. 

I just harvested two rabbits both were 1.4kg of meat each. I cooked the lot and came out with 2kgs each 🤣. The .4kgs after cooking turned into 1kg. I was very happy, they also had the same calories! Also noticed when cooking 2 items next 2 each other they kind of sync up in their cooking time. For example I was cooking porridge which takes 12 minutes to cook. Made some pancakes, which take 30 minutes to cook, and put them in the skillet next to the porridge, which by then had 8 minutes and the pancakes only took 8 minutes to cook. I was so pleased 😊😂

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, TwoFatCatz said:

I just harvested two rabbits both were 1.4kg of meat each. I cooked the lot and came out with 2kgs each 🤣. The .4kgs after cooking turned into 1kg. I was very happy, they also had the same calories! Also noticed when cooking 2 items next 2 each other they kind of sync up in their cooking time. For example I was cooking porridge which takes 12 minutes to cook. Made some pancakes, which take 30 minutes to cook, and put them in the skillet next to the porridge, which by then had 8 minutes and the pancakes only took 8 minutes to cook. I was so pleased 😊😂

Oh my dear sweet crap I need this bug in real life. Holiday dinners would be so much easier if I could just have everything done in the 3 minutes it takes to reheat a jar of store-bought gravy.

• Upvote 2

@yollarbenibekler I'm running into the same issue, calorie amounts for any cooked food item are not correct for cooking level. I first noticed this with Venison steaks, which would show the proper calorie amount (1000) once they were done cooking and still on the cooking element but once removed they reverted to level 1 cooking levels (800). I tested the prepper pie and had the same results despite the fact it's a level 5 food item. Not sure what's going on here but at least I'm finding all the recipes and visor items I'd been missing.

Additionally, is anyone else having water disappear from containers when changing zones (i.e. entering/leaving buildings)? I had the fridge and freezer at PV totally stocked with water and came back to find nada. When I tried refilling them and transitioned the water disappeared (I also tested a crow feather which didn't disappear).

It's possible that the water is going to the lost and found box (dear god, that's going to be a heavy load to try to carry). But for now I'm leaving my water bottles all on the floor.

EDIT: I also had a wolf put on an invisibility cloak after I killed it with an arrow (fortunately I was able to sift around where its tracks ended and get my arrow back) but I think this is a known issue.

Edited by Willy Pete
Wolf carcass uses invisibility...it's not very effective
  • Upvote 1

On 7/15/2023 at 11:57 PM, Willy Pete said:

Additionally, is anyone else having water disappear from containers when changing zones (i.e. entering/leaving buildings)? I had the fridge and freezer at PV totally stocked with water and came back to find nada. When I tried refilling them and transitioned the water disappeared (I also tested a crow feather which didn't disappear).

It's possible that the water is going to the lost and found box (dear god, that's going to be a heavy load to try to carry). But for now I'm leaving my water bottles all on the floor.

EDIT: I also had a wolf put on an invisibility cloak after I killed it with an arrow (fortunately I was able to sift around where its tracks ended and get my arrow back) but I think this is a known issue.

We are currently working on the issue where water is disappearing from containers, along with other high-priority bugs. We will be able to share more information in the very near future. 

• Upvote 1

I know there are other higher priorities and this isn’t as big a deal but I was just wondering if support has had an opportunity to investigate the journaling function not working on Xbox? Neither general nor daily notes work. pressing A produces the error sound as though you were trying to equip something from inventory that you can’t, it doesn’t bring up the console keyboard to type the notes. I was just curious 🙃

• Upvote 1

On 7/22/2023 at 7:11 AM, Enigmaecho said:

I know there are other higher priorities and this isn’t as big a deal but I was just wondering if support has had an opportunity to investigate the journaling function not working on Xbox? Neither general nor daily notes work. pressing A produces the error sound as though you were trying to equip something from inventory that you can’t, it doesn’t bring up the console keyboard to type the notes. I was just curious 🙃

Hi @Enigmaecho! We fixed this in the Hotfix yesterday. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you encounter other issues. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Admin said:

Hi @Enigmaecho! We fixed this in the Hotfix yesterday. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you encounter other issues. 

I’m pleased as pie to tell you the fix seems to have taken well, found my last Polaroid, the two recipes that didn’t spawn and so far about a dozen mementos, journal is all good and there’s plenty of forest chickens now 😊 still didn’t have hunters revolver and miners light as well as the gold nugget in the safe didn’t spawn but I know that wasn’t part of this patch block keep, up the great work 🙌

Has the problem regarding rope climbs been resolved by the latest fixes?  My character has been in CH and BI for some time and I have not had occasion to try rope climbing. I had heard the climbing stamina had become linked to sprinting ability leading to difficulty climbing ropes even with crampons.  

I am wondering if this issue has been solved.

16 minutes ago, Blizzard Walker said:

Has the problem regarding rope climbs been resolved by the latest fixes?  My character has been in CH and BI for some time and I have not had occasion to try rope climbing. I had heard the climbing stamina had become linked to sprinting ability leading to difficulty climbing ropes even with crampons.  

I am wondering if this issue has been solved.

It is fixed to me. Stamina draw looks on par to what it has always been. 

On 7/25/2023 at 10:37 PM, Enigmaecho said:

I’m pleased as pie to tell you the fix seems to have taken well, found my last Polaroid, the two recipes that didn’t spawn and so far about a dozen mementos, journal is all good and there’s plenty of forest chickens now 😊 still didn’t have hunters revolver and miners light as well as the gold nugget in the safe didn’t spawn but I know that wasn’t part of this patch block keep, up the great work 🙌

@Admin 😞 I was so close… I need to check the body at ash canyon and the three spawns in pleasant valley to finish off the memento hunt but I am sad to report unless you moved it to a different car, the blackrock barn truck visor memento did not spawn post hotfix in my existing custom and so my collection run is stalled again, I will send a bug report after I confirm the other 4 did or didn’t spawn