TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY, Part Three Released & THE LONG DARK UPDATED to Version 2.17 (Xbox, PlayStation, PC, Mac)

Admin

3 hours ago, TheOtherBob said:

Hinterland used to do public test/experimental releases prior to full releases.

Purely objectively, and with no intention to insult the dev team, you have several nasty bugs per release, seemingly without exception. I would love to help you test your updates before you release them to the players who just want their game to work, and I'm confident there are a ton of other players who would also. Kindly reconsider experimental releases, similar to how Coffeestain does them with Satisfactory. 

As it stands now, you're already leaving a significant portion of the QA process up to the players anyway.  Why not give players the agency to decide whether they are willing to be part of that or not?

I'm willing too! And that way I won't feel like a b**ch every time I report a bug : D 

That being said, the voice of the character keeps changing from female to male ( scared the pants out of me at first ) 

Also, Stamina while climbing drops way too fast, even with crampons on, I can't make it up really short cliffs with no ledges 

• Upvote 3

The negative reactions to issues and/or bugs that crop up after an update have always been mostly the same. 🤭
So, I think it bears repeating:

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Hang in their survivors... it's going to be alright.

*Bugs from updates are pretty common, we know they'll get addressed with hotfixes and patches fairly quickly.  Hinterland has always been pretty quick with fixes for release day bugs. 

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Admin said:

Thank you for posting! We are aware of the issue with the Arrows, and we will follow up if we have additional questions on the other bugs you reported. We appreciate your patience. 

It's not the Unity bug, I can play. 😆

2 other small bug :

1st) when I take a small tree (maple or birch), and after I draw the map, so it appears, and each time I draw after. Before, I remember it was deleted at the 1st drawn after I take it. this bug don't appear for other plant (the new root or rosehip)

Capturedecran2023-06-22a17_46_57.jpg.af1c3a5297771c1d636772e16e2a462c.jpg

2nd)  the pict of the selected item don't appear in the right side. This is an old bug, but it's still here. of course I can read ^^

Capturedecran2023-06-22a17_09_02.jpg.3d7e5359db2ce543b10c2b926a982a5a.jpg

best regards

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tonza_98 said:

This is a quite serious bug. Check that link out. People getting stuck indoors (after they have put the tip ups on the ice)?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/305620/discussions/0/3806152724344732616/

... and quite a disappointing/gamebreaking one. After a long trek, carefully avoiding various menaces you finally arrive home, happy to save..., and no. have to do it again.
in my experience it is getting more frequent, even:(
Not even listed on the "known issues", despite being around for months...

Can also attest to extreme fatigue from climbing: from the burnt out fishing hut to the house on the rim in Ash Canyon I lost 25% fatigue from full, even with crampons. My overall fatigue meter on the left was going faster down than the one on the right (what is this called?)

I'd encourage everyone to report all bugs on the support portal, even if others have mentioned them, as HL uses the number of mentions on that page to gauge priorities.

Edited by AdamvR
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Tonza_98 said:

This is a quite serious bug. Check that link out. People getting stuck indoors (after they have put the tip ups on the ice)?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/305620/discussions/0/3806152724344732616/

My stuck indoors/failed to load previous save bug also started just after placing my first Tip-up. Multiple people have reported this bug on the TFTFT3 bugs thread in the Technical Discussions section as well.

• Upvote 2

On 6/22/2023 at 1:00 AM, JNZ said:

- and… funny many funny… if I make new arrow, but I've got some arrow not at 100% (for example 50%) the new arrow will be at 50%.

… the good side is : If I have for example a 20% arrow, and a 66% arrow, I can place un a box/drawer in 1st the 66% arrow, and after the 20% arrow, and … magic the 20% is set to 66%. I see the same with lucifers. It's usefull to have only one package in invotory.

I think this may be a more general issue with stacking items of different conditions. It used to be when you have a stack of cat tails and you partially ate one you could an extra item with the half eaten one. When I just did that I instead got what looked like a full stack of partially eaten ones. But when I ate the rest the stack showed 100% condition again. No problem, but a bit confusing.

Hi Survivors! 

Thank you for your ongoing feedback following the recent update. We have a couple of quick notes for you. 

We continue to receive bug reports, and we are working toward resolutions. We will provide more information as soon as it is available. In the meantime, we have also updated the Known Issues list to highlight the top priorities: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/10522105337364-Known-Issues

We also released an update today to address the black screen issue on Linux: 

Finally, if you are playing on Mac and previously used glcore, you will need to turn it off or switch to "-disable-postprocess." If you still require further assistance after following these steps, please reach out to us via the Support Portal. We appreciate your patience.
http://hinterlandgames.com/support 

Thank you, again, and please don't hesitate to continue reaching out with feedback, suggestions, or bug reports! 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Admin said:

Thank you for your ongoing feedback following the recent update.

And thank YOU for relaying information. I know a lot of what you do involves apologizing for things you had nothing to do with. And for that thankless job, allow me to formally say: "Thank you!"

• Upvote 2

This is also a common bug, which allows your items never go broken/bad (for example unlimited arrows). This doesn't probably effect on every item, but still it is a huge bug. For example, if you have 18pcs 100% arrows in your inventory and you shoot one of them, it loses condition. Then you pick it up and it goes back to 100% in your inventory. Video example below.

EDIT: Happens with the other items too! Couple of videos about this.

Edited by Tonza_98
Additions to the bug's effect.

I mean no offense to Hinterland when I say this, but I'm rather frustrated with the unfortunate consistency in which new content updates will effectively break/bug many elements of the game that were seemingly working fine prior. Even more frustrating is the fact that pretty much every new feature or piece of content I was excited about this update is currently bugged to point of unplayabilty or is flat out missing (60 FPS on Series S). I love this game and have been playing and supporting it since its Kickstarter days so believe me when I say I want the game to be the best it can be as much as Hinterland does, but it's getting difficult for me to be excited about playing TLD and new updates when this happens.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I have been playing the update the past couple days, can't say I'm affected by any of the bugs, except the fishing hole on the huts not working. 

I'm pleasantly surprised by how much variety and usefulness the dishes have, well done. I also saw some people complaining about not being able to climb ropes, and I have to say I have the same experience, the grip meter draws super fast and the only way I could actually climb the ropes was removing my bear coats. Therefore my stamina bar is larger and thus the grip meter doesn't have the same overencumberance penalty. My guess is that the movement penalty from your clothing wasn't applying when climbing ropes and they just rectified that, and made the grip draw ( even going down ropes ) a lot more intense.

8 minutes ago, Dan_ said:

I have been playing the update the past couple days, can't say I'm affected by any of the bugs, except the fishing hole on the huts not working. 

I'm pleasantly surprised by how much variety and usefulness the dishes have, well done. I also saw some people complaining about not being able to climb ropes, and I have to say I have the same experience, the grip meter draws super fast and the only way I could actually climb the ropes was removing my bear coats. Therefore my stamina bar is larger and thus the grip meter doesn't have the same overencumberance penalty. My guess is that the movement penalty from your clothing wasn't applying when climbing ropes and they just rectified that, and made the grip draw ( even going down ropes ) a lot more intense.

I was very underweight climbing that rope to Milton. I left everything except necessities at trappers before I left.. . I intended to bring a lot of stuff from there back to trappers  So I don't think it's a weight issue...   I also had the feat on , plus crampons .slept for several hours first to get my fatigue up to at least 75%. . 

My stamina had gone before I got three quarters up the rope..,at which point my fatigue meter started speeding up quite quickly.. 

38 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I was very underweight climbing that rope to Milton. I left everything except necessities at trappers before I left.. . I intended to bring a lot of stuff from there back to trappers  So I don't think it's a weight issue...   I also had the feat on , plus crampons .slept for several hours first to get my fatigue up to at least 75%. . 

My stamina had gone before I got three quarters up the rope..,at which point my fatigue meter started speeding up quite quickly.. 

I never mentioned weight as the issue. It seems to be about the sprint meter, which now drains much faster than before. My only way to "solve" this for my character was not wearing the bear coats therefore increasing my available sprint meter, but they were still in my inventory and added even more weight ( wear weight x carry weight ). But yes, climbing is in fact a lot harder and more costly than before, need tons of stamina, crampons and plenty of available sprint to make it up the ropes now. 

Edited by Dan_

12 minutes ago, Dan_ said:

I never mentioned weight as the issue. It seems to be about the sprint meter, which now drains much faster than before. My only way to "solve" this for my character was not wearing the bear coats therefore increasing my available sprint meter, but they were still in my inventory and added even more weight ( wear weight x carry weight ). But yes, climbing is in fact a lot harder and more costly than before, need tons of stamina, crampons and plenty of available sprint to make it up the ropes now. 

Apologies I mis read what you said...    But yes it's going to make some areas inaccessible  I think....    I wonder if the stims would be affected too..  I don't fancy risking it at the moment trying it out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Apologies I mis read what you said...    But yes it's going to make some areas inaccessible  I think....    I wonder if the stims would be affected too..  I don't fancy risking it at the moment trying it out.

No need for apologies as your post was constructive and added detail and nuance to the discussion, I didn't mean to come across in an aggressive manner on my reply as well, limitations of text based communication, I guess 😁.

I should've clarified that the bear coats were still in my inventory and not dropped, so your post is 100% justified. 

Gotta admit, this update is really nice. I've been playing with the tip-ups and active fishing, not sure if it's RNG helping me but the fancy wire lures make a world of difference with the tip-ups, active fishing seems to have been nerfed a bit to compensate, which is fair. Enjoying the hell out of the cooking, I need to go out and explore for more flour and oil, the pies have a ridiculous calorie to weight ratio and carry weight bonus, this mountaineer here approves. 

3 minutes ago, Dan_ said:

No need for apologies as your post was constructive and added detail and nuance to the discussion, I didn't mean to come across in an aggressive manner on my reply as well, limitations of text based communication, I guess 😁.

I should've clarified that the bear coats were still in my inventory and not dropped, so your post is 100% justified. 

Gotta admit, this update is really nice. I've been playing with the tip-ups and active fishing, not sure if it's RNG helping me but the fancy wire lures make a world of difference with the tip-ups, active fishing seems to have been nerfed a bit to compensate, which is fair. Enjoying the hell out of the cooking, I need to go out and explore for more flour and oil, the pies have a ridiculous calorie to weight ratio and carry weight bonus, this mountaineer here approves. 

We're all good.🙂.   I do have a problem with putting thought into print which can cause a few misunderstandings 🙂

You seem to be one of the lucky few with the fishing..  I haven't tried it yet but others seem to crash after doing it.. 

I am looking forward to cooking but I've only found two recipes so far..   it'll be interesting to see the pros and cons of eating them especially with the stamina issue at the moment...  But who doesn't get sleepy after a big pie🙂

• Like 1

I have discovered a BUG introduced with Part 3.

Preping scenario: have 3-4 arrows in your inventory, all at the same condition (for example 5 arrows of 100% condition).

Test: shoot one or two arrows at a wall. Their condition drops (it can be seen when you pick them up)

Result: once the 2 arrows shot are added to your inventory, they are added to your current stack. Their condition is reset to the condition of the arrows still in your backpack.

This means your arrows will never degrade. I think this is a huge gameplay bug. It basically gives players arrows that fundamentally never decay because they are always reset.

• Upvote 1

On 6/25/2023 at 1:47 PM, Dan_ said:

Same here  - very fast drain on the stamina meter while climbing. 

With latest updates, playing on PC Custom difficulty.

I played a previous game spawning in Desolation Point, that played normally. I died and started a second game. 

I spawned randomly in Pleasant Valley. The cave exits to Coastal Highway and Winding River / Mystery Lake are blocked dead ends. The cave can be used for shelter, but not transit. 

I haven't checked the Timberwolf Mountain exit. 

The Keeper's Path South exit works fine. 

Edited by CathyElksun