Looks like a mandrake 🤯

1 hour ago, Sgt Socks said:

Oh I'm glad it wasn't just me who thought that Mistral! 😅

Same here! 😆

Sin título.png

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Luca Loquax said:

I say we dig it up using EXPLOSIVES !  :)

Exactly. And you can spend the night in the explosion pit.

But seriously, we will probably see some kind of object like a small shovel. Such as my grandmother uses to dig up weeds in the garden.

9 hours ago, Glacia said:

Looks like a mandrake 🤯

The main thing is not to forget to use headphones when we are going to dig out that root.

4 hours ago, k0s0ff said:

Exactly. And you can spend the night in the explosion pit.

But seriously, we will probably see some kind of object like a small shovel. Such as my grandmother uses to dig up weeds in the garden.

The main thing is not to forget to use headphones when we are going to dig out that root.

Such a shovel wouldn't work digging in completely frozen ground.  We'd need to thaw the ground out first, so I vote for a Tiger Torch (i.e. welding torch)... which would also be good for acquiring instantly cooked wolf meat.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vladxs2000 said:

Hi guys,

Any info if the game will be updated to natively support apple's m1, m2 processors and of course Metal 3 for the mac version?

We don't have any new information to share at this time, but we appreciate your patience and we will share more information as soon as it is available. Thanks! 

• Upvote 1

Hey guys, first post here from a long time survivor and follower of this forum. I am very excited about all the upcoming features in Survival mode, as I play that exclusively. I like everything I read in the announcement, but I want to ask about something that I was expecting to see but didn't.

I always am interested in the survival elements of this game. But the game gets easier after surviving for a while and you start to run out of things to do for survival. Then the only thing left becomes exploration in general. And unfortunately I get bored and lose motivation to explore everywhere after a while when I don't feel the motivation to find something and need to do it without the hardship of survival, so I keep abandoning runs even though I don't want to. I'm not saying it works the same way like this for everyone, I'm just pointing out how it generally is for me. So I hope nobody will take any offence about my opinions.

With the new content and tools that are introduced into the game over time by Hinterland, the game in general becomes easier, not harder. I use mods to make the game harder and have more content in some ways, and they help a lot. But in terms of meaningful survival elements for later game, I think that's hard for mods to deliver. I know about Endless Night and many other mods but I'm not asking about some value tweaking like changing temperature to colder or making nights longer etc. Hoping for something more meaningful and more things to do for later game. So I believe it's mostly up to Hinterland to be able to introduce something to hit the right note on this, if it makes sense for them of course.

So finally here comes my question(s). Will we see some things that make survival harder/more dynamic in some ways in the later stages of the games like after 50 days or so? Are there maybe any plans for the future to bring some new challenges inside the survival game? 

Thanks

• Upvote 5
  • Like 2

I'm looking forward to seeing how the hardcore survivalists deal with no loot tables and more dynamic wildlife. I picked up TLD after watching streamers play the game on interloper. I dived straight in and of course died almost immediately. To make a long story short, I became a pilgrim to learn the maps and have got hooked on wandering around the maps, checking out all the nooks and crannies. I've put hundreds of hours into this new pastime! I recently dared to jump back into interloper (it's all or nothing with me) and I was pleasantly surprised to find I was actually surviving in interloper! However, a lot of that was down to knowing where all the Wolfie spawns are. If those become dynamic I'm going to become wildlife food again. I'm looking forward to the challenge!

• Upvote 3

On 11/12/2022 at 1:14 PM, Ludwig_II said:

. . . . But the game gets easier after surviving for a while . . . .

I think that the game starts off too difficult then after 50 days become easier.

I would like to see it easier at ther start, then continue to become more difficult the longer you stay. 

Personnally it doesn't affect me, but I know people who have given up playing the game after having a difficult start that was no fun.

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Lol.😁.  

I think it's more likely to come out nearer Christmas though 

The last December release hit on the 7th of December.

I suspect it will be similar on this occasion.

This give us time to play and find any potential bugs and for them to get a hotfix out before Christmas break without any kind of crunch.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, GeneralJConnor said:

This give us time to play and find any potential bugs and for them to get a hotfix out before Christmas break without any kind of crunch.

That would certainly make the most sense..    that'll teach me to listen to gossip😁

40 minutes ago, GeneralJConnor said:

This is a very good point GJC. I certainly hope you are right!

• Upvote 1