Which animal is the most annoying/killed you the most in the long dark.

Dogelsagod

What animal is the most annoying/killed you the most?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lol, I'm my own worst enemy.
I should probably quite drinking beer when I play TLD.
Beer makes me bold! 
Bold makes me hunt bears naked!

Bears brutalize naked man, take beer and make naked man bleed.

Too late... You have faded into the long dark!

• Upvote 3

Regular wolves are by far the most annoying. I hear that warning bark, and just about every time I say aloud "God f&cking damn it!" because now my plans to do whatever I had planned to do have taken a dump, and I have to go out of my way to shake the wolf.

• Upvote 1

Definitely one human... me, myself, and I.  Between all the various "test" runs I do and my general lack of interest in doing any run over 500 days, Will/Astrid tend to get deleted quite frequently... however, I don't bother often to actually kill them off in game much anymore... just reset the stats and delete the save and start over.  In-game actual "fades into the long dark" probably go to the weather... after an untimely wolf or bear attack.

ETA:  I just noticed this thread is in the Wintermute section, not survival... sorry, I answered as though it was referring to survival.  In Wintermute, I don't think, story-wise, anything has killed either Will or Astrid yet. 😀

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 1

On 3/10/2022 at 1:21 PM, UpUpAway95 said:

Definitely one human... me, myself, and I.  Between all the various "test" runs I do and my general lack of interest in doing any run over 500 days, Will/Astrid tend to get deleted quite frequently... however, I don't bother often to actually kill them off in game much anymore... just reset the stats and delete the save and start over.  In-game actual "fades into the long dark" probably go to the weather... after an untimely wolf or bear attack.

ETA:  I just noticed this thread is in the Wintermute section, not survival... sorry, I answered as though it was referring to survival.  In Wintermute, I don't think, story-wise, anything has killed either Will or Astrid yet. 😀

You must be one of the  lucky few that got through episode 4 in one go then!?

• 3 weeks later...

The blizzard is your worst enemy. It's the final boss of the game. You can't see where you're going, your clothes are freezing up becoming useless, your temperature is dropping drastically and since you can't see where you're going your hunger, thirst and energy won't last. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2022 at 11:31 AM, desertedone said:

The blizzard is your worst enemy. It's the final boss of the game. You can't see where you're going, your clothes are freezing up becoming useless, your temperature is dropping drastically and since you can't see where you're going your hunger, thirst and energy won't last. 

Agreed though I often time my expeditions, when geared up, to do out when there's a blizzard. 

That's because I find wildlife despawns so I can head into the CH garage, or the PV farmhouse without any wolfies. If I know the map well and have decent gear, I like to time certain expeditions for blizzards. I play stalker and doubt I'll be doing that tactic in loper, less wolves and lower temperatures for a start, but I do like blizzards in certain circumstances. That's not to say I haven't lost many a survivor to them ! 

Edited by Catlover
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Timberwolves for sure.

Normal wolves are only really a threat if you get caught off guard and bump into one because of uneven terrain and didn't see them in time. 

Bears are brutes, but can be taken down with good positioning, or a lucky critical arrow in the face.

Moose are easily stun locked when shot, and also rare, so you won't be bumping into the much.

Rabbits can be taken care of with holy hand grenades.

Humans... well I only tripped on one of their corpses and broke my neck that ONE time.. But other than that I been okay with dealing with them. 

Timberwolves are always a pain since I'm typically a custom loper player and can't use a revolver, so my only options are to use up the finite marine flares or noise grenades.

On 9/4/2022 at 0:48, Catlover said:

Estoy de acuerdo, aunque a menudo cronometro mis expediciones, cuando estoy preparado, para salir cuando hay una ventisca. 

Eso es porque encuentro que la vida silvestre desaparece para poder ir al garaje de CH o a la granja de PV sin lobos. Si conozco bien el mapa y tengo equipo decente, me gusta cronometrar ciertas expediciones para tormentas de nieve. Juego al acosador y dudo que use esa táctica en loper, menos lobos y temperaturas más bajas para empezar, pero me gustan las tormentas de nieve en ciertas circunstancias. ¡Eso no quiere decir que no haya perdido muchos sobrevivientes por culpa de ellos! 

That is because you have not yet come across any wolf or bear in the middle of a blizzard, but I confirm that if there are, you do not see them, you do not hear them, but they do, and the bad thing is that many times you trust yourself because there are few but they are there on the prowl

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...