MrsHoneypot

Bedrolls & Journey Planning

Recommended Posts

Do you think, if you planned your journey properly, that you could survive Entirely without a bedroll?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes.  There are lots of alternatives.  With enough cloth, one can build snow shelters  to fill in the gaps where beds, beds in caves can't be accessed to sleep .  The player can also catch 1 to 2 hour naps in cars without freezing to death (depending on their condition when starting their sleep).  There is also the option of using coffee and Go to extend the duration that one can go without sleep.  With the new feat, the effects of the coffee and Go drinks are even extended.

IIRC - I've even seen Atheenon survive for 20 days or so in HRV without a bedroll (he was doing a Loper-based challenge where he had to stay 20 days in each zone whenever he first got to that zone and spawned in HRV.

Edited by UpUpAway95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you can make do without a bedroll, but you either need to know the maps/game well, or you need to really take it slow and explore and possibly make supply caches as you go from known to unknown bed. Personally I don't find not having a bedroll to be horrid anymore, but when I first started playing this game is was pretty awful. It was like playing bed finder simulator 2000. I still hope we get the ability to choose to sleep anywhere, even if it's not a good choice.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I think it is certainly doable but as you pointed out @MrsHoneypot, if you deliberately travel without a sleeping bag you probably should plan your movements wisely.  I guess my question is why?  Considering the basic bag only weighs in at kilo,  I think there are quite a few other things that you can shed from your inventory to drop the equivalent in weight.  For example, check out the amount of matches you are carrying.  I typically end up with a ton of match books, both wooden and paper, not to mention 2-3 strikers and maybe even 2-3 magnifying glasses.  Considering I almost never use the magnifying glass,  for me that is just dead weight.  same goes for all those matches.  by the time i put 20 or more boxes of matches in a storage container, I've sometimes easily reduced my carry weight by over a kilo or more.   Now on the other hand, if you like playing the game with a self imposed hardship like that, game on!  

on a side note, you may be onto something.  This would make a pretty good achievement type of challenge mini game imho.  You don't get a bag when you spawn and you have to sleep in at least two or more beds on each map and you have to cover the whole island and you only have a limited time to do it.   what do you think?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With low loot settings it can actually be quite some time before you find a bedroll. It's not always a choice to carry one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue to consider is cabin fever. 
Not having a bed roll means sleeping in caves is not an option. 
 

In later interloper games, you can get days and days of blizzards and extremely cold weather, where you can not possibly spend enough time outside to avoid cabin fever risk. Every now and then, you need to spend a day and night in a cave to “cool off”.
 

-t

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, turtle777 said:

The issue to consider is cabin fever. 
Not having a bed roll means sleeping in caves is not an option. 
 

In later interloper games, you can get days and days of blizzards and extremely cold weather, where you can not possibly spend enough time outside to avoid cabin fever risk. Every now and then, you need to spend a day and night in a cave to “cool off”.
 

-t

Which can be spent in a snow shelter instead of a cave.  One just needs to figure out the most sheltered spots where one can be placed with a sheltered fire also next to it.  There are several places where there are hollowed out trees that will shelter the fire on three sides and building your snow shelter in front of the tree helps to shelter it a bit on the 4th side.  Sometimes you can place a snow shelter near the mouth of a cave and build your fire just inside the cave, which keeps it relatively sheltered.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MrsHoneypot said:

Do you think, if you planned your journey properly, that you could survive Entirely without a bedroll?

Yes. Especially since Errant Pilgrim there are a lot more caves and other locations that feature beds now. In fact I've lived 60 days on Interloper on TWM without ever using a normal bed or a bedroll.

It needs to be stressed that bedrolls make the game significantly easier, so choosing to leave it behind if I have it probably wouldn't cross my mind. But if it was some sort of challenge .... it's indeed possible. You'd actually be surprised how far you can go being fatigued. So as long as you are willing to take a bit of damage here and there, and travel at a maximum of 30 kilograms total (35 well fed) you are much less reliant on a bedroll than you might initially think.

I guess the "problematic" maps are Timberwolf Mountain, Hushed River Valley and Forlorn Muskeg.

  • TWM has a fairly good shelter, but getting to the summit without a bedroll requires either a Snow Shelter or a lot of coffee. Since TWM isn't a pass-through map you will only go there if you want something from there - most likely the summit - but you don't have to.
  • HRV has no naturally occuring beds, period, so snow shelter is the only option to get some sleep. It's worth noting that you can find an already established snow shelter on this map. But HRV also is no pass-through territory, so you don't have to go there unless you want to.
  • FM already has a snow shelter, too, in one of three random spots, and also a real bed, but it's not in a cave or house. So unless you are really well equipped you will be required to keep a fire burning while resting. But FM also is small enough that you can usually pass through without having to sleep if you plan your trip well.

All other maps have plenty opportunities to sleep along travel routes, and all points of interest should allow a two-way trip from spots that do have a bed - of course always assuming the weather plays along. When it doesn't .... that's when a bedroll actually comes in handy. Having to sit out a blizzard in a cave with no opportunity to sleep can put a serious wrench in your plans.

So I guess TL;DR:

Yes you can, but I wouldn't choose to unless I have to.

 

Edited by jeffpeng

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, MrsHoneypot said:

Do you think, if you planned your journey properly, that you could survive Entirely without a bedroll?

Yes, as others have already answered above. One might add that it has become considerably easier to survive without bedroll over the last updates, as "natural beds" have been introduced to various places (I've seen them in some caves and barns so far). But even before that, you had snow shelters and cars as potential sleeping places without need for a bedroll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually would make for a pretty nice challenge: travel 90% (or 100% for the completionists) of the world without a bedroll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, turtle777 said:

Not having a bed roll means sleeping in caves is not an option. 

Depends. There are quite a few caves with those tree branch beds these days. Most of them are a bit out of the way though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snow Shelter

Bear Bedroll

Cars

Coffee

Stims

Beds

 

Got to plan out carefully though. Scaling TWM summit would require tons of coffee as there is no stops there at all.

Edited by desertedone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of people have mentioned this being a good premise for a challenge. Has anybody challenged themselves this way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2020 at 10:33 AM, MrsHoneypot said:

Do you think, if you planned your journey properly, that you could survive Entirely without a bedroll?

Yeah, its fairly easy to jump from bed to bed in this game, however the problem is cabin fever.....once she sets in, your places to take a nap become seriously hindered. Better be able to survive in the cold to be able to sleep in an outside bed.

On 1/22/2020 at 8:41 AM, MrsHoneypot said:

A couple of people have mentioned this being a good premise for a challenge. Has anybody challenged themselves this way?

I honestly have to fight myself on weather or not I even want to bother with one....Yeah, its handy to just throw down a bedroll and sleep at any point in time, but then again, is it worth the extra weight? Just had a stalker run where I was going to try and set up shop in BI, so I was scavenging all the ammo and all the supplies needed to farm ammunition, but when I finally got there, I was always pushing nearly 100lbs, or 20% more than max carry weight....I had to force myself to bring a bedroll cause I already know that there is not a bed inside the main machining area of the cannery. If it wasn't for that, I could have left the bedroll behind.

Edited by wizard03

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a funny topic, because I just had my first "real" death in the game last night because I didn't have a bedroll. I'll never travel without one again.

Edit- Oh god, this got long, but I had to vent. So sorry that I went on a rant.

I'm playing through Archivist and I needed to get the buffer memory from TWM. On my trip there I stopped over in PV and set up shop for the return trip. I made my base of operations at the community center where I left a large cache of food, extra clothes, and generally unloaded extra weight. My plan was to travel light, get to the Preppers Cache, stock up if needed, and then travel into TWM to the cabin. 

My first mistake was right off the bat; I didn't understand what my goal was in TWM. I just assumed that the buffer memory was at the cabin. I don't know why I thought this, but I did. So that started me on a bad road that led to my death. 

About halfway to the preppers cache I realized I had left my bedroll at the community center. Since I was already halfway, I debated going back and getting it. I knew I had a bed at the cache, and I knew I had a bed at the cabin in TWM; and since I still thought the cabin was my final destination I decided that the bedroll was unnecessary. But I was NEVER comfortable with this decision. 

The cache was light on supplies, and I passed on much of it to save on weight for the climb up the rope. I also figured that there was a chance that if things went badly in TWM and I needed to make an emergency exit, I would want to leave some supplies at the cache. I would lament this decision because I left a good stash of first aid supplies there.

But things were good, I made the trip from the Community Center to TWM in a day. But when I got there I discovered my mistake- the buffer memory was in a cave that I'm not super familiar with. So now my entire plan is thrown out of wack, the cabin did have some supplies, but not enough to last me very long. But with fishing and hunting I figured I would be ok. So I spent the next day or two doing some hunting and fishing and building up a cache of food. Ok, so far so good, but I need to figure out where I'm going. In hindsight, even though I was able to adlib, I never really regained my balance. 

This is where things get tricky. I don't like traveling at night, it's a role playing habit I got into way back in Morrowind. It serves multiple purposes, it keeps me in character, I avoid unnecessary risks like getting lost, and specific to TLD I avoid harsh weather and ramped up enemies. But for the Archivist challenge, obviously some amount of traveling at night is required. This is where not having the bedroll really became a problem. Normally I would like to set up shop during the day wherever I needed to be, and then wait for an aurora at night. I'll get the buffer memory, grab some sleep, and then leave the next morning. But without the bedroll, I was going to need to change up my strategy. 

There's also the little issue of, if I get into trouble, I always have a bedroll to sleep in and regain health. So without it I'm feeling extra vulnerable. 

But this is all getting ahead of myself, I still need to find the damn cave. After a couple of days of exploring the area around where I need to go, I get up early one morning and decide that today is the day that I'm going to venture down into the valley, find the cave, see how long it takes to get down there (and back up) and make my plan from there. In my head I was debating if I should just stay down there, wait it out and hope for an aurora, or go back to the cabin, grab some sleep, and wait for an aurora at night and make the trip. Playing into all of this was the bear that lives over by the path down into the valley, I would prefer to avoid that at all costs, especially during an aurora. I decide that my best bet is to get down there and come back. I'll wait for an aurora at night to make my return trip if its short enough. 

I got up early, and cautiously made my way down into the valley. Everything was fine, until I got attacked by a wolf. No good. I fought it off, and made the decision to continue. I was caring first aid, anti-septic, bandages, painkillers, etc. But I try not to use them, even to the point where I have them coming out of my ears. But this attack got me good, so I take the anti septic for the infection, and a bandage to stop the bleeding, but i'm still limping around with blurred vision. I make my way deeper into the valley and, BAM, second wolf attack. This one I saw coming, but I wasn't able to scare it off in time. This one hurts. More bleeding and infection, but now he gets my ankle so I'm really hobbled. 

What I should have done here is turned around, and gone home. The expedition had been a failure, but let's not compound the situation. But I was so close, I used more of my first aid, including my last bandage. Damnit, I thought I had more bandages than this. And because I had traveled so light to TWM I didn't have any extra clothes to get cloth from. At no time in any of this did I look at my health bar. 

I limp my way down into the bottom of the valley and start making my way up the next pass thinking that the cave I need is that way. Sure enough, around a blind turn/hill wolf attack number 3. After I fend it off I look at my health and I have a freaking sliver of health left. Now I'm kinda panicking, these wolves down here have my number, I need to get the hell out of here. Without any more bandages I cannibalize one of my hats and stop the bleeding. I take some painkillers so I can freaking see something again, but I'm still limping along. At this point I made the final fatal decision. I could head straight home, but I decided to check out the crates on the valley floor for supplies. But because I'm moving so slow, it takes me forever to check the crates down there, most of which I can't open because I didn't have a hacksaw. 

So now I've wasted precious daylight/good weather. If I had a damn bedroll I could hunker down outside with a fire, or find a cave, regain some health, but without one I'm a sitting duck. So I decide it's time to bail out, that this is an emergency situation and that I need to get back to the cabin ASAP because it's beginning to snow and the sun is fading. The walk is taking forever though. I'm so banged up, and so over weight, that even if I dropped everything but my clothes I would still be over-encumbered. This whole time I'm cursing myself over the bedroll, I knew better than to travel without one. I knew better than to push my luck down here with wolves. I should have more first aid on me. This whole thing is my own fault. 

At some point on the path back up the hill towards the cabin, the weather takes a turn for the worse. Soon it's a full on blizzard, you know, you can't see anything. I'm looking around for landmarks, but my warmth is dropping like a stone. With my health so low I have to get inside fast. I know I'm somewhere at/near the top, where the bear should be, but I'm absolutely disoriented. I flail around for a bit, I find the cliff back down to the valley, so I know roughly where I am, I just need to find the lake. If I can find the lake, I can orient myself.

But that was that, I was too cold, it was eating at the last of my health. If I hadn't cannibalized my hat for a bandage, maybe I would have lasted just a little bit longer and could have found the lake. But I died, probably within eyesight of the cabin.

No, I'll never travel without a bedroll again.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My my, dat is a big one! Well, there goes my professional career as a text wall pusher. XD

Well since your trying to go for the archivist, I hate to tell you this, but absolutely do not leave home without it! Multiple places require you to visit places where a bed is about a half days trek away. So yeah, be ready. Even if its bit heavy.
 

As for being prepared when I go journeying, and everything other than clothing, Id like at least 5+ band aids, two stims, and antibiotics for meds. And I leave behind disinfectant. Old mans beards are easy enough to find when in a pinch. 
Next is tools. I absolutely refuse to leave behind the prybar and hacksaw. Got to break into those storage containers. Even if usually nothing is in them XD Now as for knife, axe, can opener, yadda yadda....I might bring the knife because it can open cans, carve meat/quarter frozen carcasses, and be used in self defense. But other than the knife, its all too heavy/single purpose stuff and because of that I often put them in a supply cache, but never bring them with me on journeys. 
I debate on whether or not to bring the bed roll, but it depends on my motives or plans.....Am I going somewhere? Do I know the area? Does it have multiple sheltered beds spread around or just a single safe haven such as TWM? Its hard to dedicate to the bedroll especially early on without the well fed bonus or/and the moose satchel, but if you know your route or your mission, then its a little easier to justify its necessity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always make sure I have ample cloth on me.  A bedroll can always be ruined during an attack and you can find yourself without one any place at any time.  I've also forgotten to pick it up at the end of night.  Having material to build an emergency snow shelter can save your life in an emergency.  Knowing where bedrolls are either guaranteed to spawn or are most likey to spawn in something else that can also save your life.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2020 at 10:55 PM, SpitztheGreat said:

This is a funny topic, because I just had my first "real" death in the game last night because I didn't have a bedroll. I'll never travel without one again.

Edit- Oh god, this got long, but I had to vent. So sorry that I went on a rant.

I'm playing through Archivist and I needed to get the buffer memory from TWM. On my trip there I stopped over in PV and set up shop for the return trip. I made my base of operations at the community center where I left a large cache of food, extra clothes, and generally unloaded extra weight. My plan was to travel light, get to the Preppers Cache, stock up if needed, and then travel into TWM to the cabin. 

My first mistake was right off the bat; I didn't understand what my goal was in TWM. I just assumed that the buffer memory was at the cabin. I don't know why I thought this, but I did. So that started me on a bad road that led to my death. 

About halfway to the preppers cache I realized I had left my bedroll at the community center. Since I was already halfway, I debated going back and getting it. I knew I had a bed at the cache, and I knew I had a bed at the cabin in TWM; and since I still thought the cabin was my final destination I decided that the bedroll was unnecessary. But I was NEVER comfortable with this decision. 

The cache was light on supplies, and I passed on much of it to save on weight for the climb up the rope. I also figured that there was a chance that if things went badly in TWM and I needed to make an emergency exit, I would want to leave some supplies at the cache. I would lament this decision because I left a good stash of first aid supplies there.

But things were good, I made the trip from the Community Center to TWM in a day. But when I got there I discovered my mistake- the buffer memory was in a cave that I'm not super familiar with. So now my entire plan is thrown out of wack, the cabin did have some supplies, but not enough to last me very long. But with fishing and hunting I figured I would be ok. So I spent the next day or two doing some hunting and fishing and building up a cache of food. Ok, so far so good, but I need to figure out where I'm going. In hindsight, even though I was able to adlib, I never really regained my balance. 

This is where things get tricky. I don't like traveling at night, it's a role playing habit I got into way back in Morrowind. It serves multiple purposes, it keeps me in character, I avoid unnecessary risks like getting lost, and specific to TLD I avoid harsh weather and ramped up enemies. But for the Archivist challenge, obviously some amount of traveling at night is required. This is where not having the bedroll really became a problem. Normally I would like to set up shop during the day wherever I needed to be, and then wait for an aurora at night. I'll get the buffer memory, grab some sleep, and then leave the next morning. But without the bedroll, I was going to need to change up my strategy. 

There's also the little issue of, if I get into trouble, I always have a bedroll to sleep in and regain health. So without it I'm feeling extra vulnerable. 

But this is all getting ahead of myself, I still need to find the damn cave. After a couple of days of exploring the area around where I need to go, I get up early one morning and decide that today is the day that I'm going to venture down into the valley, find the cave, see how long it takes to get down there (and back up) and make my plan from there. In my head I was debating if I should just stay down there, wait it out and hope for an aurora, or go back to the cabin, grab some sleep, and wait for an aurora at night and make the trip. Playing into all of this was the bear that lives over by the path down into the valley, I would prefer to avoid that at all costs, especially during an aurora. I decide that my best bet is to get down there and come back. I'll wait for an aurora at night to make my return trip if its short enough. 

I got up early, and cautiously made my way down into the valley. Everything was fine, until I got attacked by a wolf. No good. I fought it off, and made the decision to continue. I was caring first aid, anti-septic, bandages, painkillers, etc. But I try not to use them, even to the point where I have them coming out of my ears. But this attack got me good, so I take the anti septic for the infection, and a bandage to stop the bleeding, but i'm still limping around with blurred vision. I make my way deeper into the valley and, BAM, second wolf attack. This one I saw coming, but I wasn't able to scare it off in time. This one hurts. More bleeding and infection, but now he gets my ankle so I'm really hobbled. 

What I should have done here is turned around, and gone home. The expedition had been a failure, but let's not compound the situation. But I was so close, I used more of my first aid, including my last bandage. Damnit, I thought I had more bandages than this. And because I had traveled so light to TWM I didn't have any extra clothes to get cloth from. At no time in any of this did I look at my health bar. 

I limp my way down into the bottom of the valley and start making my way up the next pass thinking that the cave I need is that way. Sure enough, around a blind turn/hill wolf attack number 3. After I fend it off I look at my health and I have a freaking sliver of health left. Now I'm kinda panicking, these wolves down here have my number, I need to get the hell out of here. Without any more bandages I cannibalize one of my hats and stop the bleeding. I take some painkillers so I can freaking see something again, but I'm still limping along. At this point I made the final fatal decision. I could head straight home, but I decided to check out the crates on the valley floor for supplies. But because I'm moving so slow, it takes me forever to check the crates down there, most of which I can't open because I didn't have a hacksaw. 

So now I've wasted precious daylight/good weather. If I had a damn bedroll I could hunker down outside with a fire, or find a cave, regain some health, but without one I'm a sitting duck. So I decide it's time to bail out, that this is an emergency situation and that I need to get back to the cabin ASAP because it's beginning to snow and the sun is fading. The walk is taking forever though. I'm so banged up, and so over weight, that even if I dropped everything but my clothes I would still be over-encumbered. This whole time I'm cursing myself over the bedroll, I knew better than to travel without one. I knew better than to push my luck down here with wolves. I should have more first aid on me. This whole thing is my own fault. 

At some point on the path back up the hill towards the cabin, the weather takes a turn for the worse. Soon it's a full on blizzard, you know, you can't see anything. I'm looking around for landmarks, but my warmth is dropping like a stone. With my health so low I have to get inside fast. I know I'm somewhere at/near the top, where the bear should be, but I'm absolutely disoriented. I flail around for a bit, I find the cliff back down to the valley, so I know roughly where I am, I just need to find the lake. If I can find the lake, I can orient myself.

But that was that, I was too cold, it was eating at the last of my health. If I hadn't cannibalized my hat for a bandage, maybe I would have lasted just a little bit longer and could have found the lake. But I died, probably within eyesight of the cabin.

No, I'll never travel without a bedroll again.

Gripping story. Many of us have been there and since then have kept our bedrolls close by. Deeper map knowledge also helps. When you talk about the 'valley' you probably mean Echo Ravine? Bringing a hacksaw might have saved you, since the air freight container at the wing (the one you could not open) would have yielded coffee and tea (at least I remember it so). You could have made a fire, prepared coffee and reduced your exhaustion. I always carry 1 cup of ready-to-drink coffee with me for emergencies (only weighs 0.1 kg), and more instant coffee for at least 5 more cups (weighs next to nothing). In case I run into an exhaustion situation. Further, on reaching the air freight container at the engine, you could have followed the ravine upwards to the (open) three-way cave. It's quite close and impossible to miss. There is usually a bedroll lying around there, although I am not sure that is also the case in challenge modes. Lastly: With five cloth, you can build a snow shelter in which you can sleep without bedroll. That would be the absolutely last resort, especially if you have to tear down some of your clothes for it (better light a fire before doing so). And you need to be careful not to freeze to death when you sleep in it, so preferably build the snow shelter in a place which in turn is sheltered. For example, the three-way cave. And build a fire next to it with enough fuel to last as long as you sleep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 6:18 AM, Serenity said:

Depends. There are quite a few caves with those tree branch beds these days. Most of them are a bit out of the way though

That seems to be a fairly recent addition. 
A year ago, the only cave I remember having tree beach beds was in story mode, Episode 1.

I don’t think they existed in Survival Mode until a few months ago  

-t

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, turtle777 said:

A year ago, the only cave I remember having tree beach beds was in story mode, Episode 1.

There was always one at the bottom of the ravine. The others are pretty new though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is probably opinion based. I tend not to travel without a bedroll. Even locally. You never can be sure when you need that bedroll (thick fog and wildlife can screw you over, so it's nice to pass time). I once misclicked and eat raw meat and gave myself food poisoning. My energy drained rapid and thick fog came from seemingly nowhere. Despite knowing my bearings, the bed roll and a cosy fishing hut with a door saved me from having to struggle through exhaustion and the fog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I learned all of the maps and where there are a good shelters, surviving without a bedroll at Voyager should not be difficult.  It would be more difficult at Stalker.  Going into unexplored territory could be dangerous.

The main thing when travelling around is to take careful notice of the weather.  Do not travel if the weather is bad, just wait another day or two.  Occasionally I break this rule if there is wind is blowing in the right direction therefore speeds me up, not slows me down.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I generally do bring a bedroll whenever I go anywhere in survival mode, especially in the more remote areas -- the extra 1 kg is worth it. It can save your life. In story mode I usually don't bother (except in the Forlorn Muskeg), as most the areas aren't that remote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First: Which Difficulty are we talking about?

Initially, i would say absoluteley no because i put the sleeping roll out of my inventory once and i nearly died because of that. Since then, i never, never go out without one. And i'm pretty surprised that so many of you think this is possible.

JeffPeng said since ErrantPilgrim we have a lot more locations that offer to sleep. Is that so? My time to play TLD is very limited. If anyone of you can explain this point it would be good.

 

//Imagine a challenge where you have to be up as long as possible without any sleep :D

 

On 1/15/2020 at 9:57 AM, Hotzn said:

Yes, as others have already answered above. One might add that it has become considerably easier to survive without bedroll over the last updates, as "natural beds" have been introduced to various places (I've seen them in some caves and barns so far).

Hm, really? My only savegame from Sandbox Mode is very old, started directly after the "new save architecture update". I travelled trough PV, TWM, just got to CH and never saw any of these natural beds. I have the feeling that already existing savegames don't get the new updates entirely. Has anyone else made similar experiences?

 

 

Edited by Karl Grylls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Karl Grylls said:

JeffPeng said since ErrantPilgrim we have a lot more locations that offer to sleep. Is that so? My time to play TLD is very limited. If anyone of you can explain this point it would be good.

There's been a bunch of locations, mainly the updated Pleasant Valley region and the new Bleak Inlet region, which now have natural beds added to caves. These appear as piles of branches, and function to allow you to rest and recover fatigue in these locations without a bedroll. These include the Hilltop Cave near Signal Point and the Burned Ridge Cave near the Crash Site, with Bleak Inlet having these types of beds located at the Fallen Lighthouse, two caves in the Frozen Delta, and a cave near the Ravine exit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now