4DON Too Easy?

Mazizisbil

So guys i am a veteran player i survived on interloper  like 350+ days.[ i died from falling from the bridge:( ] 

This is my first experience of 4DON so i was excited and i take it serious and loot all items and jack o lanterns IN CH ML then when i finished  day1   Day2 start and there is nothing to do left i have plenty of food woof very good quality clothes etc. so unlike interloper there was no challange like cabin fever or bad loots left  and my base was Quanset Garage 

So today guys i feel like  it is just like a AFK simulator  there is no point to explore or kill wolf so is it about me am i done with TLD or was i so overhyped i dont know what is your opinion guys am i the only one felt that way?  Thanks for responses already :) Have a good game

Edited by Mazizisbil

Ys it was ridiculously easy to beat, howevery 4 day badge hasn't unlocked yet so idk if its bugged (last years was). What I ended up doing was making a new save (saving my day is just in caseI died) and played for the 2 hours fresh on each day to try and win it. Ran around multiple regions in day 2 and day 3 and the wolves was so rare to come across. Like loper amount of wolves, they're out there but can easily avoid them. Kinda was hoping for an apocalypse of wolves to be honest lol.

Didn't make a new save for day 4 though,  that would have been impossible to loot fresh in a blizzard.

Knowing what was coming as I did it last year I set myself the challenge of only 1 region a day. So it was CH on day 1, PV on day 2 and ML on day 3. When I get home from work I will do MT in the blizzard. I have had much more fun this way as it forced me out exploring!

I also believed that the event would be more challenging, and/or more exciting than I found it to be.  Here’s the thing:

It would be nearly impossible to design an event that challenges and stimulates veteran players, particularly Interloper fans, without making it punishingly unenjoyable to newer players, or those without a deathwish.

I thought there were PLENTY of wolves, at times in CH, I could see 10-12 on the field at once, and it was not easy getting around, and if I wasn’t a long time player who knows all the tricks for maximizing calories and firewood and managing every resource, I could see that it stood a very good chance of being a struggle to achieve those badges. 

Maybe it wasn’t the king of extremeville, but it was enjoyable- taken for the four day holiday event that it is. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Mazizisbil said:

i agree but the game should do it not you it must be a quest or something like that given by the game itself  

Why should the game do it for you? Im playing 90% sandbox mode, I make up my own stories and quests at the time that I decide. So is 4DON. You can decide whatever you like to do. Loot all 4 regions on day 1? Go out on day 2 & 3 to have fun with the wolfes? Travel through the blizzard at -60°C? Please do not complain when you decide to stay in, you've had the option to do something else :rabbit:

• Like 1

I agree with the "it is easy for veteran players, but not everyone is a veteran, and the event is supposed to cater to everyone" philosophy. It's a fun diversion not a challenge mode. 

Maybe in 2020 4DON will also support difficulty modes, like story mode. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

I do agree that it is supper easy, I think it should have a difficulty curve that ramps up with each following day, there is something similar in the current 4DON (from day 1 to 3 difficulty ramps up) but at day 4 it is lime a second day 1.

If I could suggest I would say maybe adding aurora charged timberwolf packs and really unpredictable weather would be a great way to display that nature doesn't want you, but I do understand that maybe this isn't for everybody so at best maybe ad some of those earthquakes to close of some of the reagions making you traped in them. 

I can see how Interloper veterans might think this a bit tame, but I agree with Troy that its a challenge/theme made for everyone. There is always a way to make a game more difficult, but it would be a shame to exclude people at other experience levels. Hinterland could apply the 3 level approach like they do in storymode, but if you really want to spice up the gameplay, just complete the whole mission as if you had permanent cabin fever. LoL That might ramp up the challenge.😁

What I did to make it interesting:

Day 1 - Loot

Day 2 - Loot & kill wolves

Day 3 - Kill aurora wolves

Day 4 - Run around in the blizzard looking for pies

This event can be something fun for everyone, it just all depends on what you want out of it. If you like prepping and stockpiling, set your base up, get a long fire going, and chill. If you want more of a challenge, go hunt wolves. If you want more of a challenge still, then set some personal restrictions like others have suggested.

I personally like Day 3 the most because it's so bright and beautiful. I looted CH and PV on Day 1, ML on day 2, then just went on a rampage on Day 3. I tried to use all of my rifle ammo, I think I bagged about 25 aurora wolves. Day 4 has been fun though too! Stock up on coffee and coal, drop all your weapons, grab a bunch of flares, and run like hell! The pies stay hot and warm you up when eaten. I made it extra challenging by leaving my bedroll. Went ML > Ravine > CH when the blizzard started and now bouncing around PV. Really fun! ❄️🥧:coffee:

• Upvote 1

I followed a similar strategy. Lots of looting and getting deer hides on day one. Covered all of CH and most of PV. Spent day 2 in mystery lake looting and hunting wolves. Made a wolf coat and got geared up and full of candy bars and headed for MT. Spent Day 3 and Day 4 in MT hunting wolves, looting, and braving the blizzard. The cold wasn't too bad with my wolf-skin coat, moose-hide cloak, deerskin pants, and mukluks. 😀

41 minutes ago, kristaok said:

I'm glad you think it's easy... for me it's hard... I don't even have a weapon to defend myself. 

:) It's not totally easy for me either. I am not an interloper champ like some of the people here. I just like to play and have put lots of hours into the game, so I've gotten a wee bit better over time. And never worry about comparing yourself to anyone else! Above all, its just a game and games are meant to be fun! Totally does not matter how long, or how well we play...it only matters that we enjoy it. :)

53 minutes ago, kristaok said:

I'm glad you think it's easy... for me it's hard... I don't even have a weapon to defend myself. 

It's definitely harder when luck's against you and you can't find the gear you need... that's very true.  I was in the same boat last year, and it was hard but I managed to pull though.  I hope you were able to pull though as well. :) 
:coffee::fire::coffee: