DAY 2 (spoilers)

reginaphalange

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking about the same, but in Quonset garage. I wonder if there is Cabin fever in this mode? I have spent my nights outside the garage and burning 1-3 camp fires at the same time I shouldn't have Cabin fever, just thinking if it's a possibility later game (during blizzard/aurorae).

I have noticed that:

• - I haven't gotten Intestinal parasites from eating wolf meat.
  • - Wolves don't seem to bleed from arrows or from knife.

I do have a bow and a rifle with plenty of ammo, so I am trying to get enough wolf pelts to craft the coat.

I thought CF risk will appear if you spend the most of 6 days inside a cabin. I think cabin fever is a good mechanic and it's not even that hard to avoid. Besides, in Voyager you cannot get cabin fever during the first 50 days, 25 on Stalker. I usually get 25-35 days on interloper, and I think I've only once had the risk of being affected by it. Snow shelters are great against it.

16 minutes ago, reginaphalange said:

Good to know about wolves. I found one arrow... no bow.

I set my goal yesterday to get the rifle and bow setup 'cause I knew the wolves would come today. I found one bow in ML Hunter's blind and one bow I made. Only managed to find 4 arrows/arrowheads though, and one wolf already stole one of my arrows.

edit: yay, I just got my fourth wolf kill/pelt! ^^

quonset4don.png

I also think about staying put in Quonset garage. Just to be sure to get the twighligt badge. But I guess I will be too curious to see what's going on outside. I'm practically only playing this game on Voyager, so all these wolfs will make me pretty nervous, especially because I haven't found a knife or a hatchet yet. Is it possible to kill a wolf barehanded? I have a rifle but I'd like to know just in case I do not hit a wolf critically.

Does anyone know how many calories you need to survive 1 real time hour in 4DoN? I had the feeling that 1 in game day is 1 real time hour, can anyone confirm this?

I don't think you can kill a wolf without a critical hit with bow/rifle during this event. I haven't seen one wolf bleed after hitting it or struggling with it with a knife.

12 minutes ago, atomic said:

Does anyone know how many calories you need to survive 1 real time hour in 4DoN? I had the feeling that 1 in game day is 1 real time hour, can anyone confirm this?

I can't confirm that, but I really haven't had to worry about calories. You lose so little condition over time while hungry. I tend to eat 600-800 kcal just before going for a 10 hour sleep.

I'm set up at Greymother's house, shooting wolves from the rocker on the porch.   The day 2 wolves definitely still fear campfires.  I'm going to move my fire next time the weather is clear, it's chasing them off too early for a clean shot.  It's pretty captivating watching the wolves patrol the town... there are a lot of them.

image.thumb.png.cb6b5ceedc1d4baa0c00b0692f38da4c.png

This poor guy tried to sneak through the fence from behind... sorry, not fast enough bud.

image.thumb.png.79acb7f4ee3487526eb9a3fc6091cd0e.png

image.thumb.png.f8f55edb5f5c885473f09c4e82ed6840.png

I holed up at the CH Fishing Camp at the end of Day 1.  Day 2 found me a little short on water so I wanted to make my way back to my main stash at the garage.  I skirted the ocean toward Jackrabbit and intercepted 2 wolves who fell to rifle shots.  JR to Misan.  Snow started falling hard reducing visibility so I slept in 1-hour increments waiting for it to clear enough for me to make a run to the garage.  Clear enough!  Heading out...killed 1 wolf on the way, but in the distance I saw a huge pack.  Broke out the flare and it was liking walking through a house of horrors...growling from all directions, they would get close but not attack.  As I backed towards the garage, some continued to follow me.  This pic only got about half the pack (I think I counted 12 total).  Made it to base...whew!

screen_42209daa-4418-4066-b35a-bfb222eb63f1_hi.png

I waited for a moment of clear skies and ventured out the Radio Control Hut. I wanted to get a panoramic look at the valley below and the area around the Pleasant Valley Farmstead, hoping to assess wolf activity from above. Oddly, no movement detected. Wolves should be big enough to be seen from here. I guess you trigger them as you move down there. Still undecided about that. I have a rifle, but I'm a slow, terrible shooter. Wishing we had resupply drops mysteriously fall from the sky like on LOST. :D

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 17.30.11.png

36 minutes ago, stapeliad said:

This makes me want to stay in my nice safe Quonset....

I'm doing this too on my 'safe' save. I'm thinking it should be fine for day 2 and maybe 3.  Worried about what day 4 will bring though... "A cold embrace" sounds suspiciously like a day designed to make us survive outside in a blizzard while keeping a fire going.  I'm trying to decide if it's worth braving the wolves to haul some wood to a cave somewhere just incase..

1 minute ago, Klobberthon said:

I'm trying to decide if it's worth braving the wolves to haul some wood to a cave somewhere just incase..

Hmm. Thanks for reminding. Quonset is an awful place to be if you can't be inside and the wind isn't blowing towards the beach.

Btw, has anyone tried fishing? Or has someone actually got Cabin fever or Intestinal parasites? Just asking to make sure.

I set myself up in the ML Lookout Tower at the end of day 1.  So far, day 2 has been spent melting snow and then using the unbelievable ammount of purification tablets I looted to make potable water.  This was some really efficient use of my wood supply.  I've also brewed up several cups of teas and coffee.  If food gets low, I figure the coffee will delay any need for sleep.

12 minutes ago, Klobberthon said:

I think the northern one seems safer to stay in but maybe slightly more dangerous to travel to. 

Yeah, exactly what I thought. The forest exterior might provide a bit more firewood also. I think I will try to find a couple of fir limbs and make a trail of camp fires to the cave.

Archived