Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

Oh, thanks @stratvox, I must've gotten F10 and F12 mixed up or something. I'll try that next time. 

That makes sense as to why they vanished into the void, haha

I'm sorry to keep bothering you, but do you know where to find F10 screenshots? I've just taken one and it isn't in my screenshots folder and I expect that I'm missing them in plain sight.

On my system it writes them into the Desktop folder: c:\Users\<myUID>\Desktop.

20 hours ago, Catlover said:

1495444633_Screenshot(36).thumb.png.5c2e8f2e7654f1b3ce97412160ff595f.png

The lovely yet bitterly cold sunrise from the Mountaineers Hut in TW837410752_Screenshot(30).thumb.png.19cb911262f40bce7441089629f837e9.pngM

Another TWM screenshot

(I am aware that I'm supposed to use the F12 or whatever for HD screenshots, but whenever I do that, they disappear into the files void and I can't find them. Any help on where they are would be appreciated as google doesn't understand my struggles)

F10 for high res screenshot deposited on your desk top 
F12 will capture screenshot and deposit to your Steam account
and 
F8 will capture screenshot with detail location data attached on desktop

• Upvote 1

After resolving my FPS issue on Ash Canyon, I spent a good couple of IRL days this weekend. Hinterland has done such an outstanding job in creating this map. It is unique and the textures, layout and topography is beautiful. The mining settlement 'Miner's Folly' reminds me of the setting from the movie 'Wind River'. If they set out to create a 'powerful loneliness', with this region they have surpassed it. That feeling of looking down into the valley from a high point such as the 'Wolf Jaw Viewpoint' and not finding any signs of life with the snow picking up is so powerful.

Couple of screenshots...

screen_1a95d9c2-f4b5-435c-a4c8-077795d12ecb_hi.thumb.png.f8246891ef5c584859248d62d3cf3352.png

A cozy place under a rocky outcrop, warming a cup of coffee and watching the flurries...
screen_ee10a103-de12-4b36-bf81-1b12a2c3adf6_hi.thumb.png.0605c7df098068275db2afe7e4498c53.png

Looking into oblivion...
screen_fdf50bb5-a3ed-4362-b106-528a63f6bdfe_hi.thumb.png.121af52bea6e335894c6030cdc1f9847.png

Lovely touch to have birch saplings that look like they've already been harvested. Gives a feeling that someone may have been here before... maybe another survivor...
screen_a1f95f35-b9bf-4de1-a0b8-5f8b89e95ddc_hi.thumb.png.58f78da4d6da5c72c8cfd97324af534b.png

Just to chime in on the discussion on screenshots. F10 does capture high resolution in game screenshots. These are stored on the Desktop. The F12 (or whatever key you may have set) is for Steam and that does not capture high resolution screenshot, only a screenshot based on the graphics setting in the game. I had made some pretty good looking screenshots only to find they were of lower quality. On a Mac, because you have to press fn + F10 (and you need big hands if you want to do it using only one hand), I had configured the ']' key to capture quick Steam screenshots. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1511546952_Screenshot(50).thumb.png.c22d35b3229e9abbcca8419958f68e65.png

The deer head guarding my soda collection

Also, I would like to thank everyone who helped with my screenshot problem. As you can see with the one above, I am still unable to sort it out, though I'm sure google will understand when I phrase it the right way. I'm super grateful to everyone though for their advice and help with the screenshots, even if I'm still unable to find them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

1511546952_Screenshot(50).thumb.png.c22d35b3229e9abbcca8419958f68e65.png

The deer head guarding my soda collection

Also, I would like to thank everyone who helped with my screenshot problem. As you can see with the one above, I am still unable to sort it out, though I'm sure google will understand when I phrase it the right way. I'm super grateful to everyone though for their advice and help with the screenshots, even if I'm still unable to find them. 

looks rather festive on the mantle piece!  kinda like Xmas without the lights!

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, piddy3825 said:

looks rather festive on the mantle piece!  kinda like Xmas without the lights!

Haha, I didn't notice that! I'll rearrange it to have a better pattern and it can be festive lights, soda can edition! The best and healthiest kind

It'd be cool having christmas decor in TLD and I can just imagine that reindeer head with a Christmas hat on top. Though I don't actually want them, it would be amusing to see everywhere strung up with lights and shining during an aurora..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Catlover said:

They have to be somewhere. I would just search every single folder on the computer (given that you don't have that many xD)

Edited by Karl Grylls

19 hours ago, Karl Grylls said:

They have to be somewhere. I would just search every single folder on the computer (given that you don't have that many xD)

Yeah, I have quite a few files but I’m sure that I’ll find them with a bit of intense searching. 

Edited by Catlover