Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

1 hour ago, Dr. S. said:

That slope is very steep. That camera angle is almost straight down. The problem is not getting there ... it’s getting back. I probably wouldn’t be able to go back up, I’d have to continue down ...

ahh... the old deceptive camera angle trick!  I understand your reluctance, but I would suggest you give it a try.  crouch walk to the carcass and arrow, harvest and retrieve.  afterwards following the downward contour of the slope, slowly descend crouch walking in a diagonal manner following the edges as the lead downwards.  the slopes all seem to come together creating a little "V" channel in the rock as you continue to descend.  Hug the walls as you slowly crouch jiggle your way down.  you may encounter some areas where you have to "drop" down to the next ledge, you may take some damage, but it probably wont kill you like a really high up fall would.  You'd be surprised as to how much damage your character can take and still live.  I wouldn't even bother taking any pain meds til I got to the bottom. 

You can do this!!!  

• Like 1

On 12/23/2020 at 2:53 PM, Dr. S. said:

Would you try to harvest this carcass (and recover the arrow, just to the right)? I shot him from the fire you can see down below.

Sometimes if I'm feeling lazy or especially hesitant about an area, I'll pass time for an hour before attempting something like that. That way I can always quit and restart if I get totally stuck. It's not exactly "immersive" to play this way, but whatever.