June Dev Diary

Admin

2 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

Now that you mention it...
I am really looking forward to one day being able to visit Perseverance Mills.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

So am I..😊.     

And I don't know what's happening with the photography add on because it's not been mentioned for a while ,but having pictures of places like that hung on our base walks would be awesome.

• Upvote 2

not read the discussion to this point, so forgive me if I cook old stories.

I not found out the real benefit of the cooking receipes. You can add some achievements for it (cook all recipes) and yes it is fun to craft/cook different things, but if the complex dishes give extra calories, this wouldn't make much sense to me. (as you cannot give extra calories to food by cooking it, so anything above +10%/+15% calories would be very unrealistic imo). ofc heat bonus from warm dishes.

What would be the incentive to do the extra work to cook complex recipes?

My suggestion to solve that problem:

Introduce a 4th life sign indicator bar beside warmth, thirst and hunger: satisfaction (or name it: variation, amusement). If you listen to real world survival experts one thing always crosses the topic: every survivor needs small happy moments to keep motivation to survive and keep sanity. this can be a piece of chocolate, or if you eat the same food for weeks, just another kind of food.

The satisfaction bar would not only need different kind of foods to get filled, but also reading books (not just research books), maybe also travelling different locations and so on.

Maybe an idea to start thinking further with it

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, SlippedGear said:

16578.thumb.jpg.f634d5920cf09bc48738835cd75d6bba.jpg

I like it!!  That would fit the Bill (or the orient express ;)

@Honest I’m out on that. I deal with enough depressed people in real life, I don’t need my video game character depressed too.  

I would imagine the recipes are in response to a lot of requests for late game activities.  I find that I would rather scrap a late game and start over, rather than have a stagnant late game.

So it’s a late game QOL improvement, just not one you’re interested in it would seem.  but that’s ok, different strokes 👍🏼

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

I like it!!  That would fit the Bill (or the orient express ;)

@Honest I’m out on that. I deal with enough depressed people in real life, I don’t need my video game character depressed too.  

I would imagine the recipes are in response to a lot of requests for late game activities.  I find that I would rather scrap a late game and start over, rather than have a stagnant late game.

So it’s a late game QOL improvement, just not one you’re interested in it would seem.  but that’s ok, different strokes 👍🏼

I was thinking the same thing....orient express...😁.  

With sleeper cabins.   It's a long track and workers need to rest .

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Honest said:

not read the discussion to this point, so forgive me if I cook old stories.

I not found out the real benefit of the cooking receipes. You can add some achievements for it (cook all recipes) and yes it is fun to craft/cook different things, but if the complex dishes give extra calories, this wouldn't make much sense to me. (as you cannot give extra calories to food by cooking it, so anything above +10%/+15% calories would be very unrealistic imo). ofc heat bonus from warm dishes.

What would be the incentive to do the extra work to cook complex recipes?

My suggestion to solve that problem:

Introduce a 4th life sign indicator bar beside warmth, thirst and hunger: satisfaction (or name it: variation, amusement). If you listen to real world survival experts one thing always crosses the topic: every survivor needs small happy moments to keep motivation to survive and keep sanity. this can be a piece of chocolate, or if you eat the same food for weeks, just another kind of food.

The satisfaction bar would not only need different kind of foods to get filled, but also reading books (not just research books), maybe also travelling different locations and so on.

Not so much adding calories as preserving the calories that are already there or adding calories from ingredients that cannot be eaten on their own... like flour.  You can't just eat flour by itself but it contains calories so baking a fish pie would give you more calories than just cooking a fish and utilize calories from an unpalatable ingredient.   The stews would preserve calories already in the items by having them infuse the broth rather than burn off in a pot or on a stove burner, all that calorie dense fat from your venison steak is preserved in a stew rather than burning off on a rock.  This is at least my take on how it justifies a decent benefit to incentivize the effort of cooking recipies.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Honest said:

Not a bad idea - like a Morale meter.  This could affect the effectiveness of sleep, energy gain and depletion rates (among other things).

• Upvote 1

On 6/17/2023 at 2:25 PM, ManicManiac said:

I mean... let's be honest with myself:

On the outside, I try to play it cool
giphy.gif.c347b3a700b700eaa9850e96f3225b37.gif (300×276)

But on the inside...
flail-excited.gif (220×198)

:coffee::fire::coffee:
     😋

We know the truth -- and there's a lot to get excited about! Looking forward to your thoughts and feedback after the update launches.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 4