June Dev Diary

Admin

16 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Not just one kind either😊😋.   Do you think it'll spoil us 😁

It will if they update the electric griddle to work during the Aurora…

breakfast for dinner!!!

The only thing we’ll be missing is bacon….

Canned ham from the bunker, fried in ground acorn nutbutter (or Bear fat??) would be a close second though!

Edited by Semple Fi
Add
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

It will if they update the electric griddle to work during the Aurora…

breakfast for dinner!!!

The only thing we’ll be missing is bacon….

Canned ham from the bunker, fried in ground acorn nutbutter (or Bear fat??) would be a close second though!

With the glimmer fog it's an all day breakfast... 

Why not add pigs. They can eat anything and should have enough fat to keep them warm...and us fed😊

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

True, but we will lose the warmth of a nearby stove and the walls of the fishing hut so I'm guessing we will have to be MUCH more cautious while fishing out on the open ice (this is assuming we still cannot make fires on the ice).  I see it almost as, "I'm starving to death and if I don't eat something SOON, I will die.  Sushi!!" 

I'm still going to try it, but for my serious fishing trips, I'll be sticking to the huts.

As long as you can setup a windshielded campfire near a fishing spot, several regions can become viable for fishing. I can't imagine right now a game spot with perfect wind shield AND being a water spot (Excluding the cabins), but discovering this it's gonna be fun.

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

With the glimmer fog it's an all day breakfast... 

Why not add pigs. They can eat anything and should have enough fat to keep them warm...and us fed😊

You know… feral hogs are a problem in the US and Canada, that could be a VERY welcome addition

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Semple Fi said:

You know… feral hogs are a problem in the US and Canada, that could be a VERY welcome addition

I would be more afraid of wild pigs than wolves and bears combined! Have you seen them? They are scary! And they like to rip out the arteries on the insides of your legs, which as it turns out is quite deadly! Oh and can you imagine Aurora pigs! If you can't drop them on the spot, they will kill you for sure!

171115_mp97f_rci-m-teeth_sn635.jpg

Edited by SlippedGear
Aurora Pigs!
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, acada said:

I just wonder. We will have the pancakes. Should we get new affliction Diabetes when character consumes too much of them?

Or just a sugar rush then sugar crash… goes to red eyes like using a stim 😆

@SlippedGear Yes!  They are mean and aggressive and their tusks are brutal and they travel in packs.  
But…. They could be balanced by any area where they are, even wolves and timber wolves won’t be found.  
and perhaps a Hog Trap could be crafted?

Bacon is worth any effort 😉

@Leeanda Do you think the ptarmigan will lay eggs??  If so, bacon and eggs and pancakes.  
And if we can convince the Devs to add feral hogs…. Deer sausage too!!

Edited by Semple Fi
Add
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

Or just a sugar rush then sugar crash… goes to red eyes like using a stim 😆

@SlippedGear Yes!  They are mean and aggressive and their tusks are brutal and they travel in packs.  
But…. They could be balanced by any area where they are, even wolves and timber wolves won’t be found.  
and perhaps a Hog Trap could be crafted?

Bacon is worth any effort 😉

@Leeanda Do you think the ptarmigan will lay eggs??  If so, bacon and eggs and pancakes.  
And if we can convince the Devs to add feral hogs…. Deer sausage too!!

I hope they do...      Then we'll need ketchup too.....   😁.   The wish list might start piling up now😅

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Glacia said:

As long as you can setup a windshielded campfire near a fishing spot, several regions can become viable for fishing. I can't imagine right now a game spot with perfect wind shield AND being a water spot (Excluding the cabins), but discovering this it's gonna be fun.

Sorry, I had to chuckle when I read, "windshielded campfire".  How many times have we died thinking that it was indeed shielded? ;)

1 minute ago, Semple Fi said:

Let’s add a simple find of salt and pepper shakers to that list 😆

Lol.   I'm not sure if salt is already in that update,or if it's sugar🤔.   

What we really need is a fully stocked cafe or restaurant somewhere😁

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, acada said:

I just wonder. We will have the pancakes. Should we get new affliction Diabetes when character consumes too much of them?

I believe there are plenty of existing items in game which would give this condition - like when we binge-eat chocolate bars!

• Upvote 1

On 6/13/2023 at 5:41 AM, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

Superb stuff, and not just cos I have 4 days' leave booked for the end of June...😊

I also have a skillet similar to that design, I think we need another recipe challenge!

Fish pie implies potato- some sort of smash, perhaps?  Talking of fish, can any anglers out there identify the new species in the photo?

If we are getting burdock, does that mean dandelions are coming in a future update?! 

Perch maybe?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Lol.   I'm not sure if salt is already in that update,or if it's sugar🤔.   

What we really need is a fully stocked cafe or restaurant somewhere😁

That would be a really cool addition especially for the atmosphere/ambience of the game.  Small cafe in a truck stop maybe?

I feel like ketchup could be crafted from sugar, canned tomatoes, and a vinegar base?  
But free ketchup packets could be found instead in each of the gas stations/corner market located throughout.  Glove compartments…
As well as the kitchen in the prison but in institutional sizes.  

Cool idea!

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

That would be a really cool addition especially for the atmosphere/ambience of the game.  Small cafe in a truck stop maybe?

I feel like ketchup could be crafted from sugar, canned tomatoes, and a vinegar base?  
But free ketchup packets could be found instead in each of the gas stations/corner market located throughout.  Glove compartments…
As well as the kitchen in the prison but in institutional sizes.  

Cool idea!

I like  the way you think😊👍    There are a few dead ends in the game that could fit a truck stop in.  Like the landslide in bleak or up in the northeast of pv..  maybe the point of disagreement  corpses were on the way there and crashed because they were so hungry they weren't paying attention😁

I did feel like there should've been something at the transfer pass station.  I mean..when are trains ever on time😊.     

Edited by Leeanda
The bane of my existence....autocorrect strikes again...
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

I like  the way you think😊👍    There are a few dead ends in the game that could fit a truck stop in.  Like the landslide in bleak or up in the northeast of pv..  maybe the point of disagreement  corpses were on the way there and crashed because they were so hungry they weren't paying attention😁

I did feel like there should've been something at the transfer pass station.  I mean..when are trains ever on time😊.     

It occurs to me that some of the train cars could be altered to be passenger cars, which in turn opens the possibility of rooms and a kitchen and dining area on an abandoned train car. 

image.jpeg.251c55f1bb20fb6e0b3d7894f2a6ae2d.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Semple Fi said:

It occurs to me that some of the train cars could be altered to be passenger cars, which in turn opens the possibility of rooms and a kitchen and dining area on an abandoned train car. 

image.jpeg.251c55f1bb20fb6e0b3d7894f2a6ae2d.jpeg

That would be really neat😊.   I can just imagine sitting in one .....ahh chairs😁..... And sipping a tea while watching the snow fall out the window.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1