What is your favourite "holiday" location in the game?

Jotunheim

We all have our favourite bases, and we play a plethora of difficulties. If you were to go for 40 day vacation in the game, where would you go?

For me, it is the Lake Monolith in HRV. The cave there is an excellent location. There are the ice caves for quick travel, a moose sometimes, climbing ropes for exercise, and undying wind for windsurfing. Perfect location.

The only thing that the location lacks, is a possibility for fishing... I would love to see fishing holes. Certainly no fishing hut, as you'd want to stay with the no man made structure theme. It is somewhat frustrating to look at the lake and not being able to fish.

If you go on an TLD holiday, where do you go?

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Four days is a miracle for me but either pv farm or the lonely meadows cabin in mystery lake

I used to make the PV Farm my "home away from home"...but I got tired of the constant rattling. It was making me go crazy.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Merrak said:

I used to make the PV Farm my "home away from home"...but I got tired of the constant rattling. It was making me go crazy.

I have the wind variability on low so I don't really notice it.  I like silent blizzards,they feel quite soothing .as long as I'm not stuck outside in them of course!😁

• Upvote 1

I think I've drafted up two or three posts about this.  It's an interesting question and kind of difficult one too. 🤭
The tricky part for me is the idea of excluding places I would frequently select as "primary" encampments for each region (since I tend to stay fairly Nomadic).

It's funny because for the last day or so now I've thought about it... trying to pick out one spot that I don't often spend much time in.  It's been more difficult than I would have thought.  I enjoy Great Bear Island a lot... and just picking one; I'm not sure I can. :D 

So here's my short-ish list of locations I think would be wonderful out-of-the-way spots that might make a for a good 40-day holiday:
Forester's Hermitage - Keeper's Pass (North)
Cabin in the "Lonely Meadow" - Mystery Lake
Summit - Timberwolf Moutain
Foreman's Retreat - Ash Canyon

(perhaps a little less "out of the way" but still places I rarely stay for more than one night)
Echo One Radio Tower (Control Hut) - Beak Inlet
Hunting Lodge - Broken Railroad

:coffee::fire::coffee:
There's my long answer to a seemingly short/simple question. :D 

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 3

Honestly… it’s a toss up between Paradise Meadows and the Spence Family Homestead... until I read this:

On 3/21/2023 at 10:31 AM, Jotunheim said:

holiday (i.e: peace and quiet)

Then I’d pick Trappers Cabin. A few predators, but they mostly keep their distance, and easy access to rabbits (in Milton) and birch bark/firewood.

• Like 1

During my old Interloper 800 days run (pre update) 

My main base was Mountaineers hut

I used to go on a holiday every 100 days or so to Milton basin/marsh ridge, only one wolf to worry about and a potential moose spawn.

Although even though there were moose markings on the trees, this particular one manged to evade me for just over 800 days.

Never got the chance to take it down in the whole run.

Edited by sierra 117
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, sierra 117 said:

Although even though there were moose markings on the trees, this particular one manged to evade me for just over 800 days.

I've also noticed that one is really rare.  Think I've only seen it once or twice.

On 3/30/2023 at 2:38 PM, CoffeeCup said:

Quonset garage on the coastal highway - I know, just hear me out. Misanthrop's cabin, sound of the surf, view of the coast, and lots of great ice fishing spots because that's what I'd be doing for 40 days. : )

I agree, lots to hunt, nice location, fishing, firewood, and many other benefits. the only reason i don't use it as a main base is because I use it too much, and want to go elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

I think I'd go to Mystery Lake. Probably not the most original of answers, I know, but the scenery and potential for outdoor activities is astounding. You can fish, hunt, camp, climb, and even ride a train (given better times in TLD than apocalyptic lol) to other regions. I always make base there at the Camp Office. Right in the middle of the map and easy to navigate.

• Upvote 1

I'm on @ManicManiac's team: I very rarely stay in one location for any length of time, and have spent at least a few days in most of the major locations at some time or other.

There are a few locations I do prefer:

• Lonely Lighthouse in Desolation Point
  • Jackrabbit Island/Misanthropes Homestead in Coastal Highway
  • Pleasant Valley Farmstead in Pleasant Valley
  • Mountaineer's Hut in Timberwolf Mountain
  • Angler's Den in Ash Canyon
  • Camp Office in Mystery Lake
  • Paradise Meadows Farm in Mountain Town
  • Hunting Lodge in Broken Railroad
  • Island Cottage in Forsaken Airfield
  • Monolith Lake in Hushed River Valley

Some locations I wouldn't stay in for any amount of time include:

• Hibernia Processing, Carter Hydro Dam, Main Hangar, Maintenance Shed: just not cozy enough
  • The Riken: too dark inside
  • Mindful Cabin: there's not much around there
  • Blackrock, Bleak Inlet: Annoying Timberwolves!!
  • Forlorn Muskeg: too easy to get lost