March Dev Diary

Admin

I'm in the Netherlands and very rarely does a game or update actually launch at midnight on the launch day. Usually it's 6/7/8p.m. Overwatch always updates at 8p.m. Hogwarts Legacy launched at 7p.m. TLD updates usually at 6 or 7p.m. Never have I even considered complaining that I had to wait. For me it's only logical that game devs would want a global release, and do that at a time when devs are actually in the office to monitor, which obviously is dependent on their timezone. 

• Upvote 9

38 minutes ago, Renn said:

I'm in the Netherlands and very rarely does a game or update actually launch at midnight on the launch day. Usually it's 6/7/8p.m. Overwatch always updates at 8p.m. Hogwarts Legacy launched at 7p.m. TLD updates usually at 6 or 7p.m. Never have I even considered complaining that I had to wait. For me it's only logical that game devs would want a global release, and do that at a time when devs are actually in the office to monitor, which obviously is dependent on their timezone. 

I guess you could argue that they launched in Euro prime time. Can't complain with that.

11 hours ago, Pencil said:

And no, you really shouldn't take off work for a game. This update will be here tomorrow and it will be here next week; no need to play it the minute it comes out. 

Please don't tell people what they should and shouldn't do.  People who have earned time off work should take it for whatever they want.

• Upvote 1

The negative reactions to issues and/or delays have always been mostly the same. 🤭
So I think it bears repeating:

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Hang in there survivors... it's going to be alright.

@James Hickok... perhaps you could start a studio of your own and make a game of a similarly large scope.  Then get the game released on several platforms simultaneously and in a flawless state... and then all the subsequent updates out to your players in a flawless state, and on time without crunch.   ...Show them all how it's done.  ¬¬

Personally, I think the process of creating/releasing/updating a game are rather difficult tasks.  I think folks would benefit more from patience and understanding... rather than jumping to their own conclusions without knowing what difficulties are being faced by Hinterland.

• Upvote 4

It's currently 07:24 Pacific Time, which means they have another 4 hours and 36 minutes to release the update within the time they're aiming for (note they're specifically saying they're not making any guarantees).

13 hours ago, Seebud said:

It’s now 2.30pm 30/03 and still nothing, this is why we can’t take work off to play games anymore.

Developers are not reliable they want us to defend them against the big boss making the decisions but they cant even finish their work on time? Can anyone explain this to me please. 

Why cant anyone keep to their word anymore, like if i have a deadline in my business i work hard to meet that. We all crunch when we need to, what’s make devs so special?

I hate being toxic but they don’t make it easy anymore, been waiting all day now and if anything it show my passion for this industry and game.

Cheers 

Thanks for reaching out. Our team generally operates on Pacific Time, and all dates reflect that. We are still releasing the new content today, March 30th (PT) as planned. Apologies for any confusion.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

So I've found a bunch of oak trees at Timberwolf Mountain. Harvested 11 acorns total.

Then I went to Ash Canyon and spent 11 days in the region, mainly to grab the technical backpack. I am back, however, and after 11 days the acorns have not respawned.

If they are not a replenishing resource, that is going to be a huge disappointment.

6 hours ago, GothSkunk said:

If they are not a replenishing resource, that is going to be a huge disappointment.

Id imagine blizzards might make more drop? Renewable coffee would make straight to the heart feat much better. Im kinda hoping it is too but really scarce still, like 30 day respawn cause renewable coffee is a big deal!

• Admin unpinned this topic