March Dev Diary

Admin

It’s now 2.30pm 30/03 and still nothing, this is why we can’t take work off to play games anymore.

Developers are not reliable they want us to defend them against the big boss making the decisions but they cant even finish their work on time? Can anyone explain this to me please. 

Why cant anyone keep to their word anymore, like if i have a deadline in my business i work hard to meet that. We all crunch when we need to, what’s make devs so special?

I hate being toxic but they don’t make it easy anymore, been waiting all day now and if anything it show my passion for this industry and game.

Cheers 

2 minutes ago, Seebud said:

It’s now 2.30pm 30/03 and still nothing, this is why we can’t take work off to play games anymore.

Developers are not reliable they want us to defend them against the big boss making the decisions but they cant even finish their work on time? Can anyone explain this to me please. 

Why cant anyone keep to their word anymore, like if i have a deadline in my business i work hard to meet that. We all crunch when we need to, what’s make devs so special?

I hate being toxic but they don’t make it easy anymore, been waiting all day now and if anything it show my passion for this industry and game.

Cheers 

We need to remember that the studio is in Canada and it is currently still the 29th in North America. They have over 24 hours to fulfill their promise yet. 

And no, you really shouldn't take off work for a game. This update will be here tomorrow and it will be here next week; no need to play it the minute it comes out. 

• Upvote 7
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Seebud said:

Cheers 

So...here in the states...on the east coast...it's still 3/29 for another hour and a half. It's you that is early, not them who is late. The whole post is sorta unnecessary, tbh.

• Upvote 3

Why would you expect it to be at midnight on the dot???? That's never going to happen !!!    I usually get it between 5-7 pm  . And if it's not then I'll wait .....patiently.    

In this case it gives me time ,hopefully to find the moose and die in an epic battle!  If not ..freezing to death. 

• Upvote 4

The odds are it will the Trailer will go live at around 9 or 10 AM Pacific Standard Time...at the same time the update will probably become available for download.

At the time of writing this post it is 1:03 AM Pacific Standard Time.

Edited by RossBondReturns
Clarification
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, James Hickok said:

Yes. I would expect that after posponing it for 4!!! months. Actually every game i bought on xbox that was announced to launch was *on dot* as you said. TLD/Hinterland is the first to not deliver. 

I understand that some of you fanboys will take all bullcrap that Hinterland will throw on you but please. There are limits to "patience" and lack of competence. 

And seriously the moose is easiest animal to kill in this game. Epic battle.....please. 

Dude - you cried for it at a time it wasn't even the 30th of March at Hinterlands headquarter. Unless otherwise stated, release dates are subject to the time zone the devs are in. So March 30th means Pacific Standard Time. And the day has more than a second. They announced March 30th, not March 30th 0:00. Stop crying and grow up.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Arcx said:

Dude - you cried for it at a time it wasn't even the 30th of March at Hinterlands headquarter. Unless otherwise stated, release dates are subject to the time zone the devs are in. So March 30th means Pacific Standard Time. And the day has more than a second. They announced March 30th, not March 30th 0:00. Stop crying and grow up.

They announced more content to arrive sometime in june 2022, then they announced the 5 dec date but not for consoles - consoles are comming in late Jan/ early Feb, then they announced the 15 of march,  then 30th of march but Hey we will not tell you when exactly. I understand that this kind of treatmemt doesnt bother you.  It bothers me tho and its the only place where I can write what i think about this kind of bullcrap hoping that some1 from Hinterland will see that. 

32 minutes ago, James Hickok said:

They announced more content to arrive sometime in june 2022, then they announced the 5 dec date but not for consoles - consoles are comming in late Jan/ early Feb, then they announced the 15 of march,  then 30th of march but Hey we will not tell you when exactly. I understand that this kind of treatmemt doesnt bother you.  It bothers me tho and its the only place where I can write what i think about this kind of bullcrap hoping that some1 from Hinterland will see that. 

I get you're annoyed but there's no need to be rude or condescending to anyone!   There are time differences and it's not all on htl . Sony and Microsoft have a say in these things too!  Regardless there's no need for the attitude.  If you like the game then play it,if you don't then don't! 

If you keep insulting everyone then you'll end up with nowhere to post anything!  Respect goes a long way .   

P.s. try killing the moose with the revolver without any issues whatsoever 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jotunheim said:

1040 here in Scandinavia.  I'll probably be checking for the game every 10 minutes on the xbox today 🤣

Really looking forward to it!

Lol! I've already checked three times and it's not even lunch time yet!😁

6 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Co1ngrats. That's an impressive time.   

@Zaknafein just got the hall of fame for that with 23+ hours .

@Zaknafein runs are amazing, I always think we are not brutal enough, at the end of our runs Astrid is still 100% health, we have tried doing the butal speedrun, but we've spent so many hours looking after the characters, we just can't let her stagger around freezing, starving and tired!

What always lets us down is the hardwood, everything else we really do reptty well at!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrislacruz said:

@Zaknafein runs are amazing, I always think we are not brutal enough, at the end of our runs Astrid is still 100% health, we have tried doing the butal speedrun, but we've spent so many hours looking after the characters, we just can't let her stagger around freezing, starving and tired!

What always lets us down is the hardwood, everything else we really do reptty well at!

I know what you mean about the hardwood.   .  That and the rifle ammo if you get unlucky.