March Dev Diary

Admin

On 3/20/2023 at 5:00 PM, Admin said:

We’ve also added three new clothing items – a Hockey Jersey, a leather Flight Jacket, and a matching Aviator Hat. You’ll find them scattered around Great Bear, so you will find them as you explore locations and search containers.

I'm kind of "blah" about these.  While I look forward to new items, I am guessing the usefulness of these items will be quickly outdone by better items and end up as salvaged cloth.  Course, we could use them as decoration in our bases as well...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

I'm kind of "blah" about these.  While I look forward to new items, I am guessing the usefulness of these items will be quickly outdone by better items and end up as salvaged cloth.  Course, we could use them as decoration in our bases as well...

I think they might be useful for roleplay or maybe modding. Could start as a pilot, or a hockey player. They probably didnt want to make clothing items in Tales feel p2w? Also the pilot hat and jacket will be the only manmade hat and outer layer repairable by leather I suppose. Also maybe one of the regions will have a hockey rink? Lol, imagine getting ice skates and increased speed on frozen ice but increased sprains while off of it. pfft. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

I think they might be useful for roleplay or maybe modding. Could start as a pilot, or a hockey player. They probably didnt want to make clothing items in Tales feel p2w? Also the pilot hat and jacket will be the only manmade hat and outer layer repairable by leather I suppose. Also maybe one of the regions will have a hockey rink? Lol, imagine getting ice skates and increased speed on frozen ice but increased sprains while off of it. pfft. 

What's the point of roleplaying in a single-player survival game in which you can't see your own character (except as a paper doll)? 🤔

On 3/23/2023 at 3:24 PM, hozz1235 said:

I normally don’t have negative for the updates… but yeah.  I don’t care about hockey.  Maybe that’s a big deal to the player base, but not to those down south 🙃 

If the aviator cap and jacket have a good warmth to weight ratio, then that’s cool I suppose.  
Isn’t the “Tale” in survival mode? You would think it should have the new locations in survival mode in general.  

I’m just looking forward to the acorn coffee. 

• Upvote 1

REALLY looking forward to the update. I sort of moved a lot of items from my base to an area more central to where I think the new region will be. All the updates sound like fun, cannot wait for the first Aurora to hit so I can explore. BTW, did you know the aurora was seen in North Carolina this week due to a freak geomagnetic storm? Sound familiar?

Prepper bunkers were sorely missed, so looking forward to finding them and raiding them! Only 5 more days!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Well, with days to spare my new TFTFT survivor is maxed out and ready to kick the far territory's ass right square in the face. Maxed out all 5's, all the best gear in top shape, and enough ammo to win every war, ever, combined. I'm currently camped out at the Paradise Meadows farmstead waiting for the new region to drop. But I've got well stocked forward stations established in every region just in case they pitch a fastball.

Bring it on. I'm ready for this! Probably gonna be a heck of a lot easier than tackling Forsaken Airfield in basically my underpants.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

. . . .  I'm currently camped out at the Paradise Meadows farmstead waiting for the new region to drop. . . . . .

I'm waiting at the Vacant Depot in Transfer Pass.  The ropeless rope-climb with an inaccessible top suggests that there will be expanasion in that area.