TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY is Here!

Admin

Its really odd that they didnt decided to launch it all in one time on all platforms. I know that they were pressed by the community but i  think they should w8 those 2 months and launch with more polished version and on all platforms.  The update was pressed and should be postponed. Maybe they needed the money injection before the end of the year, who knows. Now some can play the new content and other players have to just w8 and try to hold back to not watch the new content and experience it themselves.

They should have relese the update with a bit more content, on all platforms at once and with full calendar for next updates.

Just my opinion.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Thank you, but you're still not answering my question... I'm not asking about the DLC release, I'm asking about the free update to the main game as it pertains to consoles.  The update that does the loot refresh and makes it impossible for us to play our old saves.  Is that being done now or is it being held back until the DLC releases? 

again.... this has been answered before. Or on a different way: How can your saves on XBox bedeleted when no DLC  has arrived?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Karl Grylls said:

again.... this has been answered before. Or on a different way: How can your saves on XBox bedeleted when no DLC  has arrived?

I'm presuming the base changes will delete the saves not the dlc content.  

console users want to know whether the base update will  be at the same time as the dlc?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I'm presuming the base changes will delete the saves not the dlc content.  

Well that's exactly what happened with PC/Steam users, so I can't imagine it being different on other platforms. For reasons outside the game I was forced to restart my PC, that in turn resulted in my having to relaunch TLD, which in turn resulted in the update automatically downloading from Steam and my saves disappearing - all before I had the option of purchasing the DLC.

(for the avoidance of doubt, this isn't a gripe - I was expecting it. I had hoped to get Astrid somewhere nice so we could say our final goodbyes but that's my issue....)

37 minutes ago, past caring said:

Well that's exactly what happened with PC/Steam users, so I can't imagine it being different on other platforms. For reasons outside the game I was forced to restart my PC, that in turn resulted in my having to relaunch TLD, which in turn resulted in the update automatically downloading from Steam and my saves disappearing - all before I had the option of purchasing the DLC.

(for the avoidance of doubt, this isn't a gripe - I was expecting it. I had hoped to get Astrid somewhere nice so we could say our final goodbyes but that's my issue....)

I have no idea if the base changes and the dlc will be available separately or not on console. I have a disc not digital copy of the game so updates aren't compulsory until I decide to go online and do it manually.  

Its still a bit confusing for some of us.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Karl Grylls said:

the hell? That shouldn't happen

Well, I say "disappearing" but that's slightly inaccurate. They are still there on my PC and I could probably use them if I went down the time capsule route. But those old saves aren't compatible after the update, so they don't show up any longer.

I would have much preferred HTL to have put their efforts into finishing and releasing Episode 5  before they released the DLC.  This way we could have a complete TLD using the same games format and saves. 

After that an updated TLD Ver. 3.00 with the new regions could have been released. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/7/2022 at 12:03 AM, UpUpAway95 said:

Still no information for console users - Is the free update (loot refresh, etc. that will force us to start new save files) imminent (i.e. as soon as it clears console certification) or can we expect no update at all until the DLC content is ready for release (late January or February).

Apologies for the confusion. We will provide dates when available, however we included our planned release window on the Expansion Pass FAQ: https://www.thelongdark.com/expansion/faq/ 

The free and paid update go live at the same time. We will let players know in advance, just as we did for PC. 

On 12/6/2022 at 2:08 AM, acada said:

I wonder. Was the energy, water and stamina consumption changed? Because it seems like my character has to eat and drink lot more than before. And it is more exhausted. 

We are receiving intermittent reports of this. If possible, can you please file a ticket via our Support Portal? This will help us track the issue more closely. 

hinterlandgames.com/support  

On 12/6/2022 at 4:22 PM, tulkawendark said:

Hi there, I'm a little bit confused. I'd like to make the purchase on STEAM. What I'm seeing is the DLC, plus two sound tracks and the base game itself. I already have the base game. All of these pieces are separate. I'm not seeing something called Season Pass. Is this DLC it - the current content and the right to updates for the next 12 month for $22?

The DLC is called TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY. You can purchase it here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2091330/The_Long_Dark_Tales_from_the_Far_Territory/

21 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Thank you, but you're still not answering my question... I'm not asking about the DLC release, I'm asking about the free update to the main game as it pertains to consoles.  The update that does the loot refresh and makes it impossible for us to play our old saves.  Is that being done now or is it being held back until the DLC releases?  Going forward, for each subsequent fee update, will they occur at the same time as the PC free updates, or will they lag behind the PC since it appears that the DLC will lag behind the PC releases for the upcoming year by about 2 months for each one?  Alternatively, will the first console DLC release include the stuff in the second PC release (catching up then to the PC)?

You did say that your plans for the console regarding this first DLC release hasn't changed...I get that... it's late January or early February.  The announcement implies, however, that the free update stream is something separate and that is what I'm asking about.

ETA:  You know what - just forget it.  See you in February 2024.  I'll just play something else until then.

Apologies for the confusion. Both the paid and free updates are part of the Expansion Pass Update. You can continue to play your current save until TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY is available to you. We will provide a date as soon as once is available. 

Thank you for your patience. 

1 hour ago, Honest said:

How can I check if my prchased TFTFT Addon is already active (Steam) the world map doesn't show me the airfield region, so that makes me a bit sceptical if it is already active

If you're referring to zone selection when starting a new game, the Airfield is not an option.  You need to travel there from Broken Railroad.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Honest said:

How can I check if my prchased TFTFT Addon is already active (Steam) the world map doesn't show me the airfield region, so that makes me a bit sceptical if it is already active

If your main screen shows the Trapper's Homestead, then it's not active. If it's active, it should show a part of the new region. It would also say either "Survival", or "Tales from the Far Territory" in the top left corner, depending on whether it's active or not.

y8CJ3TYTNBuDC_h4YhDyLb-IzrLD-qzwqjJ9-TBkjnGsttbETVLrMsglEk4ZgawxS2jqTt1JPMh9bwKjGo60Z8KW.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=96&type=album

eQKKvJrDNcyPr5t8YGStSAyhaCMkHAIfxKJVfCPrdgt-FTl1SuQB0eX9NkQd8-TUDZaV5cLvNZrz7_s_HiF81gYM.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=96&type=album

2 hours ago, Ghurcb said:

If your main screen shows the Trapper's Homestead, then it's not active. If it's active, it should show a part of the new region. It would also say either "Survival", or "Tales from the Far Territory" in the top left corner, depending on whether it's active or not.

Then it seems that it is active (at least) now. But I started a game yesterday and I am not sure if it started while the DLC was already active. When I am in the game and I look at the map of the region overview I can't see the Airfield noted there, while all the older regions are named on that map. Is this intentionally?

On 12/9/2022 at 11:12 AM, Honest said:

Then it seems that it is active (at least) now. But I started a game yesterday and I am not sure if it started while the DLC was already active. When I am in the game and I look at the map of the region overview I can't see the Airfield noted there, while all the older regions are named on that map. Is this intentionally?

You have to enter the new area for it to show in your map regions.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RegentRelic said:

I wish hinterland made it clear on the steam page what features we’re currently in the expansion. I feel bad for the people on steam who didn’t realize they were buying a promise.

They should made this more clear, yes. Also which feature will be in the next update, so we don't get to know on release day by the trailer only

• Upvote 1

This is all fine and dandy, but when is it coming to console? Ilove what i see in the videos, and i really want to get my hands dirty in the hangar. The one video said it was dropping for all platforms at the same time, but i can't find hide nor hair of it in the game store. And does that mean that the update for the base game hasn't dropped yet as well?

6 hours ago, Thelek said:

This is all fine and dandy, but when is it coming to console? Ilove what i see in the videos, and i really want to get my hands dirty in the hangar. The one video said it was dropping for all platforms at the same time, but i can't find hide nor hair of it in the game store. And does that mean that the update for the base game hasn't dropped yet as well?

Consoles are now February.... (Switch March).

https://www.thelongdark.com/expansion/faq/

Edited by Sgt Socks

• 4 weeks later...