Blackrock Issues?

hozz1235

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I have no idea how to get in the mine either. Spent ages trying to find it .all I found was the prepper cache and that I'd gone in a big circle back to the prison! 😁 

I couldn’t find even prepper cache. I try even pilgrim but the region is really cold. Looks like Pleasant Valley. 
My only luck is finding polaroid. I have no idea Blackrock has a polaroid lol. 

1 hour ago, Pınar51-06 said:

I couldn’t find even prepper cache. I try even pilgrim but the region is really cold. Looks like Pleasant Valley. 
My only luck is finding polaroid. I have no idea Blackrock has a polaroid lol. 

I found that by sheer luck.  Definitely PV weather and a bit too much like HRV in many ways.  I wouldn't rush with the Polaroid though as BlackRock doesn't exist ,as I found out when I checked the surveyed location list. 

where did you find the cache? I also believe I have an idea on how to get to the mine. Near the bridge is a canyon called "fool's corner" (I think) that has a mountaineering rope, which I think is the start to how you get there, but I went and did something else and ended up perishing before I could try further.

Just now, Leeanda said:

I noticed that role climb but ignored it  because of the bad weather and high fatigue. Typical!🙂

It's always when you're debuffed in some way that you find the most interest points while playing.I'm pretty sure it was the same case for me too. That or I didn't want to explore it yet. Thanks for the info though! I'll check when I get back home and have to make another pilgrim save.

2 minutes ago, Bimbobjoejr. said:

It's always when you're debuffed in some way that you find the most interest points while playing.I'm pretty sure it was the same case for me too. That or I didn't want to explore it yet. Thanks for the info though! I'll check when I get back home and have to make another pilgrim save.

Good luck with it. Hope you get better weather than I'm getting! I thought PV had a lot of blizzards until I got to BlackRock .🙂 Makes PV look like The Sahara desert!

16 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I was thinking it'd be in the north of PV  originally too.  Very surprised it was the curve .

How is that a surprise? It was always the most likely location. End of the Road doesn't work because then it wouldn't be the end anymore

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Serenity said:

How is that a surprise? It was always the most likely location. End of the Road doesn't work because then it wouldn't be the end anymore

Knowing that the other one was in TWM I assumed  that the PV one wouldn't be too far  away from it  relatively speaking , even though they are different maps.   I did  briefly think it might have been near the bear cave behind the crash site too. 

Guest jeffpeng
On 12/8/2021 at 9:01 AM, piddy3825 said:

Also the exterior now has some sounds like somebody is molesting a gaggle of geese or else trying to fornicate with duck...  what is going on here?

Ehm ..... could you "elaborate" how exactly that sounds? I'm not to familiar with the art of duck .... ehm... ducking.

8 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Inaccessible battery?  In truck in BR Prison courtyard.

7 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Another down the road from the prison.

I know certain people on this forum that will be terribly annoyed by that. Sheesh.

5 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

This appears to be a bug.  Notice my temperature gauge is 3 bars up, but when I stand in this water and pass time, my temperature goes down:

Nope that's working as intended. You even get a sound cue that this water is really cold.

4 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

Nope that's working as intended. You even get a sound cue that this water is really cold.

I don't think they are saying it is a 'bug' that their temperature drops whilst standing in freezing water - but that three arrows indicating their temperature is going up is a bug.

Water

I am wondering why it's one of the coldest regions, and yet is the only that has running rivers (liquid water), although other regions are totally frozen with "softer" temperatures and weather.

Also, the waterfalls took a diferent direction, in terms of art, compared to the rest of game. I'm still deciding if i liked or disliked that

The thin ice additions are very nice. Took my heartbeat away sometimes ^^

Guest jeffpeng
4 hours ago, Dr. S. said:

Anyone else find that their frame rate takes a big hit when outside in the Blackrock region compared to other regions? I’ve gone from 30+ FPS to 15 or so, no change in settings. This is on an Intel MacBook Pro, Steam binary. 

At some points, yes (M1 MM). There's a lot of stuff in it, and I guess flowing water contributes to that. Speaking of...

1 hour ago, Old Hermit said:

Water

I am wondering why it's one of the coldest regions, and yet is the only that has running rivers (liquid water), although other regions are totally frozen with "softer" temperatures and weather.

Also, the waterfalls took a diferent direction, in terms of art, compared to the rest of game. I'm still deciding if i liked or disliked that

The thin ice additions are very nice. Took my heartbeat away sometimes ^^

Basically because flowing water wasn't in the game until now. It's much less trivial to do something like that well, and up until now there simply wasn't any in the game (except the shore regions, but that's not really the same).

13 minutes ago, jeffpeng said:

At some points, yes (M1 MM). There's a lot of stuff in it, and I guess flowing water contributes to that.

Oh, I didn’t think of the flowing water as being a cause. If that’s the case it would be nice to have a quality setting to turn it off. 

Guest jeffpeng
1 minute ago, Dr. S. said:

Oh, I didn’t think of the flowing water as being a cause. If that’s the case it would be nice to have a quality setting to turn it off. 

It's just a guess. But it makes sense to me. It's a huge amount (albeit low resolution) geometry that is actually moving, and, as far as I can tell, cycling a really big texture. I don't really know how Intels Iris Graphics (you should have that, right?) handles memory in general. But I can imagine that this might be a texture it has problems with. My wife had a 2016?2017? MBP with Iris Graphics, and lowering texture resolution always benefited her greatly playing virtually anything.

It's a great update and region. Now, these are more of nitpicks than actual "issues", but still

- Why is Blackrock part of the Interloper spawning region pool, even though on the menu it says "Intermediate" as difficulty for it. Also being able to start there kind of beats the purpose of the blueprints for Noisemakers being harder to find. And as ammo crafting zone, it's not like Bleak Inlet is part of the Interloper spawning list... even though it's arguably harder as such than say Forlorn or PV.

- I love the two new transition zones, particularly the Northern one with the mini "ravine". And the Southern one is surprisingly substantial in content too. But I think they should have put one transition between PV and BLR, and then one between TWM and BLR. Call them "West" and "East" instead of "South" and "East". As it is now for PV entrance you have two transition zones + Ice cave + potential tight wolf trap in the BLR side, while on the TWM spectrum all there is one ordinary cave... then admittedly going straight through Timberwolf zone when entering TWM, BUT they can be dodged without too much trouble if you are careful. Also a much shorter walk to the Mine.

- The Region signs are all over the place, when exiting TWM you just get "Cave" instead of exiting Timberwolf Mountain, while elsewhere in Blackrock you get huge "BLACKROCK - REGION" texts when exiting some ordinary buildings within region...

- In the poison mine, why are the Valve texts still there if you don't have to work around em? They might confuse the heck out of those who have not played EP4

- Audio bugs and clippings in places but these can be expected before hotfixes

Edited by Mistral

I made it to the mine without much trouble, detour necessary at the broken bridge, go back a ways and there’s a canyon with a rope down and a rope back up on the other side.  LONG climb, but there’s a handy cave down there for resting up. The passage after that led right to the mine.  Couldn’t find the valve for the gas shut off, but sprinted to the elevator and took up up to level 2 before I suffocated.  That’s where the note was, on a locker shelf.  Guess I gotta find a way back up now, maybe the same elevator?  Probably goes back to the surface. Might be more phat lewt in that gas tunnel but I’m hesitant to risk it with the no save option of survival mode (Stalker).  There aren’t many things that can kill my survivor at this point, but electricity, falling from a height, and poison gas will take me out where wolves and bears and blizzards can not.  

1 hour ago, Bean said:

I made it to the mine without much trouble, detour necessary at the broken bridge, go back a ways and there’s a canyon with a rope down and a rope back up on the other side.  LONG climb, but there’s a handy cave down there for resting up. The passage after that led right to the mine.  Couldn’t find the valve for the gas shut off, but sprinted to the elevator and took up up to level 2 before I suffocated.  That’s where the note was, on a locker shelf.  Guess I gotta find a way back up now, maybe the same elevator?  Probably goes back to the surface. Might be more phat lewt in that gas tunnel but I’m hesitant to risk it with the no save option of survival mode (Stalker).  There aren’t many things that can kill my survivor at this point, but electricity, falling from a height, and poison gas will take me out where wolves and bears and blizzards can not.  

I looked all over for that gas shut off valve and not to be found.  I ended up sprinting thru the toxic gas and just barely made it with two seconds to spare.   
At least in storymode if I woulda died I could at least reload from the last save.  So being faced with permadeath in survival mode, makes me wonder if there even
is a gas valve shutoff?  But once you make it thru, no need to go back in ever again, so I guess it is an all or nothing proposition.

• Upvote 2

On 12/9/2021 at 12:54 PM, Leeanda said:

I have no idea how to get in the mine either. Spent ages trying to find it .all I found was the prepper cache and that I'd gone in a big circle back to the prison! 😁 

Take the rope at Fool’s Corner, then head left in the ravine and stick to the right.  You will find another mountaineering rope that goes up.  When you get to the top, stick to the right.  You will come into the mine at the exit point from story mode.  
The mine contains the noise makers and the passcode to the ammo workshop in the prison.