Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

Yeah,walking around,sometimes I have to stop and admire the view.Not a lot of games can make me do that.You guys truly did make one gorgeous looking game.

I think one of the amazing aspects of this game is that it gives you the time to look around. I think many of the "aaa" games develope a beautiful environment but leave the player no time to enjoy it. In the interest of keeping the player motivated "aaa" studios add meanil tasks, in TLD it's all you and you can make your own tasks. This is something I loved about Marrowind, I was just as happy watching the sun rise over the Bitter Coast as I was rummaging through the Dwarvin ruin. Open world is actually about being an open world not a laundry list of tasks which must be completed in the open world.

The style is key, its not a perfect representation of reality it's more of a kinda tissue paper art version which allows you to make up the rest of the details in your mind. Like a good book or an old movie.

Awesome screenshots keep em coming survivors!

Yeah,walking around,sometimes I have to stop and admire the view.Not a lot of games can make me do that.You guys truly did make one gorgeous looking game.

I think one of the amazing aspects of this game is that it gives you the time to look around. I think many of the "aaa" games develope a beautiful environment but leave the player no time to enjoy it. In the interest of keeping the player motivated "aaa" studios add meanil tasks, in TLD it's all you and you can make your own tasks. This is something I loved about Marrowind, I was just as happy watching the sun rise over the Bitter Coast as I was rummaging through the Dwarvin ruin. Open world is actually about being an open world not a laundry list of tasks which must be completed in the open world.

The style is key, its not a perfect representation of reality it's more of a kinda tissue paper art version which allows you to make up the rest of the details in your mind. Like a good book or an old movie.

Awesome screenshots keep em coming survivors!

I am having a hard time determining which cinematic scenes are better in just standard game play: Witcher 3 or TLD. I think that is pretty high praise for TLD as the Witcher 3 is a huge, big budget project. The sheer remoteness of the player, with the musical score backing up the loneliness a notch, is really top notch. I honestly love going out on a clear morning, waiting for the sun to come up. If you have not listened to the musical score as the dawn breaks and the sun assaults the heavens... you are really missing out. Fantastic.

I am having a hard time determining which cinematic scenes are better in just standard game play: Witcher 3 or TLD.

That's a bit like comparing Botticelli and Marc imo, none of them is really a "better" artist than the other. They just have completely different thematic priorities and make use of an art style that fits their needs. ;)

Undone texture of mountain view from Forestry Lookout.

Two lovers, forbidden from one another

a war divides their people

And a mountain divides them apart

Built a path to be together

Yeah, and I forget the next couple of lines, but then it goes...

Secret tunnel! Secret tunnel!

Through the mountain!

Secret, secret, secret, secret tunnel!

Yeah!

0H2RUj3.jpg

• 1 month later...