Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Weather was nice when I left my shelter. I only use them as storehouse anyway, I prefer stay in wilderness. While I was goofing around at PV, a sudden blizzard made me lost my way. No problem, I always carry a few logs in my backpack, I was looking for a spot to avoid from wind but a hollow tree was better ofc.

screen_408d19e1-3528-4d49-bbfd-88301163e7eb_hi.png

My fuel might not last long through blizzard so I had to chop a bit while I had fire. You must always carry a hatchet, a knife, some logs, a weapon and a bedroll ofc, if you prefer living in wilderness. It was a 5 hr blizzard and a wonderful experience like I had many times before. Sound of the wind, cold weather, hot rosehip tea and fire... I only lacked a cigarette! If only I could experience this IRL. Anyway, I survived one blizzard more and continued to wander.

screen_95628b7a-c600-4be3-a9c1-becb8c59e

Then I decided to go CH and made my way to mine. Clouds were gone, the sun was setting. A beautiful moment.

screen_0a5642e8-6a64-4f8d-b252-0fede1c52

One last glance over PV.

screen_f1728b76-a7b0-4166-95ff-2daa80c1d

Edited by Nicholai
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, lolmuffin said:

wow I even couldn't stay 1 day

For sure, This pic is from my second playthrough which i am still currently playing.  The first time I spawned at Timberwolf, I ended up leaving within a day, I was never so happy than to stumble back into Pleasant Valley back onto familiar terriorty, whew.  Timberwolf can be brutal but you just need to be able to use all the natural cover all those scattered around caves have to offer.  So if you travel in geared up, this map great for setting up little campsites and living off the land.

• Upvote 1

That was the approach I took with TM. I left it for last and was glad I did. I had some snares, some arrows and a spare bow, and lots of ammo, just in case. Of course, playing on Pilgrim, you tend to have lots of everything. But I was appreciative of the hunting practice I put in on Coastal Highway. And especially appreciative of the fur clothing I had already crafted (and that bear bedroll, too)!

2 hours ago, hauteecolerider said:

That was the approach I took with TM. I left it for last and was glad I did. I had some snares, some arrows and a spare bow, and lots of ammo, just in case. Of course, playing on Pilgrim, you tend to have lots of everything. But I was appreciative of the hunting practice I put in on Coastal Highway. And especially appreciative of the fur clothing I had already crafted (and that bear bedroll, too)!

I like playing pilgrim mode more and more because of the "hunting" challenge.  since everything is constantly running away from you instead of at you, it makes using the bow all the more challenging.  

Yes, it was quite tough on Pilgrim!

That said, I still got attacked twice; once by a wolf entering the Long Dark (I got too close to him, and he gave me his last bite), and once by Mr. Bear at the PV Farmstead when I shot him as he strolled by. Stupid me, I wasn't close to the house . . .