Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

9 hours ago, cekivi said:

At the moment, all I can see are banners for photobucket... O.o

Photobucket recently changed their policy.. unless you go for a premium paid account at US$40 a month (!), they won't let you embed your pics in other websites any more. Unfortunately, Imgur keeps failing on me, every time I try to upload a pic. And none of the suggested solutions are working for me.

Edited by JAFO
  • Upvote 1

On 8/16/2017 at 8:04 PM, JAFO said:

Unfortunately, Imgur keeps failing on me, every time I try to upload a pic. And none of the suggested solutions are working for me.

Hi @JAFO, are you not able to upload your images directly to these forums? There should be an option to do so at the bottom of the post box by the paperclip icon [Drag files here to attach, or choose files... ]

Are you getting an error message?

5 hours ago, Mel Guille said:

Hi @JAFO, are you not able to upload your images directly to these forums? There should be an option to do so at the bottom of the post box by the paperclip icon [Drag files here to attach, or choose files... ]

Yes.. I can upload directly here.. but that's only a solution for this forum. It doesn't help with others.

(And I'm an admin/mod on another forum.. I've seen how fast images can fill up a sites available storage, so I don't like to do that if I have alternatives.)

Edited by JAFO
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Yes.. I can upload directly here.. but that's only a solution for this forum.

(And I'm an admin/mod on another forum.. I've seen how fast images can fill up a sites available storage, so I don't like to do that if I have alternatives.)

I'm able to just directly upload images from my computer into my posts. Don't have to use Imgur or anything.

2 hours ago, Booyaah said:

Is there a way to remap my screenshots keybindings, like a steam workshop mod?  I use F9-F11 for my Afterburner overlay and I hate them going to my desktop.  I'd just like a mod to change the keys.

You could download Lightshot for Windows and change in its settings which key takes the screenshot. That's what I do.

2 hours ago, Booyaah said:

Is there a way to remap my screenshots keybindings, like a steam workshop mod?  I use F9-F11 for my Afterburner overlay and I hate them going to my desktop.  I'd just like a mod to change the keys.

While the screenshot keybindings are currently locked in the Options menu, there are a variety of programs you can use to grab screenshots while in-game, including Steam's own overlay which works just fine and sits on F12. 

• Upvote 1

I don't think you guys get what I'm saying...I need the F9-F11 keys freed up for other programs while I'm playing TLD.  I exited TLD last night, and my entire desktop was filled with freaking png files everywhere.  I've been using my overlay keybinds for several years and am not changing them for a single game.  

I don't need some kind of new tool to take a screenshot...it makes no sense why they would lock those screenshots keybindings, that's why I'm asking if you can mod or disable them.

Edited by Booyaah

4 minutes ago, Booyaah said:

I don't think you guys get what I'm saying...I need the F9-F11 keys freed up for other programs while I'm playing TLD.  I exited TLD last night, and my entire desktop was filled with freaking png files everywhere.  I've been using my overlay keybinds for several years and am not changing them for a single game.  

I don't need some kind of new tool to take a screenshot...it makes no sense why they would lock those screenshots keybindings, that's why I'm asking if you can mod or disable them.

I see. No, we don't currently support modding in this context. But I will ask about freeing up those specific keybinding in the future. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

I see. No, we don't currently support modding in this context. But I will ask about freeing up those specific keybinding in the future. 

Please do see to it. I don't personally need this but I can definitely see how not being able to rebind certain keys could be a real hastle for other players.

4 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

Those are awesome Ross. I don't even know how to make gif, lol.

I take an average of 10-13 frames of each different aurora.

I then use Photoscape a free photo editing program which has a specific menu for making an animated .gif.

I add them in and then click stop to stop the animation.

Then I re order them a frame at a time as carefully as possible and save and name the gif.

Time consuming but worth it.

3 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

Time consuming but worth it.

Yeah, they're awesome though. Not sure if I'd give it a go since it does seem a bit complicated and yes time consuming but you never know if something will ever come up where I'd like to try that.