THE LONG DARK - Quality of Life Update v2.23

Admin

14 hours ago, Admin said:

• Added the option to skip the initial Photosensitivity Warning screen upon subsequent launches of the title.
  • Fixed an issue where Ruined meat would appear fresh when returning to it after transitioning between Regions, or to and from an interior.
  • Fixed an issue where the visuals for Weather effects would appear within structures and Caves, as well as locations which might have a reasonable degree of shelter.
  • Fixed an issue where Bearskin Coats only required 1 hide to craft instead of the intended 2.
  • Added an option to consume Water directly from the vessel used to boil it.
  • Fixed an issue where Sticks, Branches, and Limbs would be removed from a location after the Survivor revisited it.
  • Adjusted the Ice Fishing UI for easier readability and removed an asset overlap when using a controller.
  • Added additional lighting effects to snow based on the sun’s position.
  • Fixed an issue where wolf howls would repeat unintentionally.

Im glad they fixed those ones. Other i didnt notice or it didnt affect me. Thank You Hinterland. 

I didint saw the blizzard sound bug on Xbox - the "silent blizzard" bug - It annoys me the most. 😒

Now im hoping for TFTFT update to hit ASAP !!!! 

• Upvote 1

Not sure if this is the right place but after the update I can no longer get into my base. I’m currently in Forlorn Muskeg and trying to load into the cave at the top of Hat Creek. When I try to enter from either side it says Cannot restore from previous session. Then crashes and I have to reload. I can save by passing time and sleeping, and can get into Milton, but not into the cave where my resources are. Please help. 

@Leeanda
I think that pack is perhaps still bugged out.
Also one of the lockers in the Rural Store in Pleasant Valley.

I don't remember the whole list of containers that folks have reported.

I'm probably going to circle back and make a fresh ticket for the locker... as well as the exploit for match condition.
(I do want to re-test that to verify first... but I didn't see anything about it in change log)

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac

4 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@Leeanda
I think that pack is perhaps still bugged out.
Also one of the lockers in the Rural Store in Pleasant Valley.

I don't remember the whole list of containers that folks have reported.

I'm probably going to circle back and make a fresh ticket for the locker... as well as the exploit for match condition.
(but I want to re-test that to verify first... but I didn't see it in change log)

Matches are still the same..I picked up a few boxes this morning and have only one in inventory..

It does say there's a fix for containers that couldn't be accessed before..   

I had the same with a locker in broken railroad,just kept circling without opening,then after about 450 days it finally opened.. empty of course😁. Probably the backpack will be too.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, JustMick474 said:

Not sure if this is the right place but after the update I can no longer get into my base. I’m currently in Forlorn Muskeg and trying to load into the cave at the top of Hat Creek. When I try to enter from either side it says Cannot restore from previous session. Then crashes and I have to reload. I can save by passing time and sleeping, and can get into Milton, but not into the cave where my resources are. Please help. 

You should file a ticket with support..  I'm sure they can do something for you.

1 minute ago, ManicManiac said:

Oh, that's not a good day...
image.thumb.jpeg.33e11525ec7adf01d35bc7a12d9f94e1.jpeg

He's on passive ...luckily..😁

But just as well really..  I hope no one else has this problem though.. casually walking around thinking you're safe only to get suddenly ambushed would be pretty awful.

• Upvote 2

There are performance issues with the 2.23 update, GPU fan running at full speed all the time and some visible performance drops in some contexts. Also the audio issue about the "exhausted" voice sound when entering a building is still there.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, lukelwjj said:

@Admin Will you be putting all the new food items, tools, cookery, e.t.c into the normal base game?

If by "basegame" you mean "Wintermute" (aka story mode) I don't think they will.  Tales was always planned as an expansion on survival mode only and that's likely how it'll stay.  Besides in story mode you don't need all that stuff to complete the missions, it's not really necessary that they add them.

On 9/26/2023 at 2:02 PM, BlackGiraffe said:

Game still runs very poorly on Xbox Series S, surprised and disappointed this hasn’t been fixed yet, especially considering the game was already running at 60 fps when Tales was released for consoles! Myself and many others haven’t been able to enjoy the game for months now, and we’d really appreciate an update on what’s causing a huge delay for such a game breaking problem.

@Admin This. This is beyond frustrating and a little offensive at this point considering Series S owners paid for this expansion and after being told to be patient and keep waiting, with this big patch that fixed a plethora of bugs, this HUGE one still exists on the Xbox Series S platform. Give us a fix already. Damn. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, rush247 said:

If by "basegame" you mean "Wintermute" (aka story mode) I don't think they will.  Tales was always planned as an expansion on survival mode only and that's likely how it'll stay.  Besides in story mode you don't need all that stuff to complete the missions, it's not really necessary that they add them.

No I mean as in survival mode but they have only added these items in the DLC part of the game that has the new maps like the airport for example and not added them to the normal survival with no DLC yet so that’s what I was asking about. @Admin pleases respond.