THE LONG DARK - Quality of Life Update v2.23

Admin

7 hours ago, Abenico said:

Killed a bear, moose was on a bridge to lighthouse, killed him as well.. Green peace would be mad seeing me play 😁

Lol...    is there anything left to kill in desolation point?😁.    I've only ever had that moose twice in over 4 years...    

The one behind the garage in Milton has never spawned for me either..

On 9/26/2023 at 11:25 AM, BugReportEnthusiast said:

You guys said over 150 bugs, i counted 101 here, where's the rest?

Hi! Several of the fixes listed cover multiple instances of that issue, so the total added up to over 150 fixes.

• Upvote 1

On 9/26/2023 at 11:39 AM, tattman1171 said:

When can I expect a fix for the prepper cache in HRV failing to save upon re-entering and the prepper resetting to abandoned if I leave and go back. I lost my spelunkers lantern when I left to light a fire and the prepper cache went from cache to abandoned cache

Thanks for your question. The best way to get help for this is to report the issue to our Support Portal: hinterlandgames.com/support 

• Upvote 1

On 9/26/2023 at 12:02 PM, BlackGiraffe said:

Game still runs very poorly on Xbox Series S, surprised and disappointed this hasn’t been fixed yet, especially considering the game was already running at 60 fps when Tales was released for consoles! Myself and many others haven’t been able to enjoy the game for months now, and we’d really appreciate an update on what’s causing a huge delay for such a game breaking problem.

Hello! The original release of 60fps support was unintentional and not done in a way that is suitable for development. At the moment we are waiting for Unity to provide a fix in the next update of their engine and we hope that will allow us to fix this bug.

• Upvote 3

On 9/27/2023 at 7:42 AM, conanjaguar said:

All these bug fixes are great :). But what about the snow shelter bugs? Are they completely broken for anyone else, or is it just me?

Hello! The QoL Update addressed an issue with the Snow Shelter, as mentioned in the release notes. If you'd like to report other issues, please use the Support Portal: hinterlandgames.com/support

• Upvote 2

On 9/26/2023 at 12:27 PM, BugReportEnthusiast said:

I was really hoping for acorn coffee and silent blizzards to go away. Acorn coffee has been bugged ever since it was released 6 months ago

The development team is still fixing bugs, so hopefully they make it to that issue in a future set of fixes.

• Upvote 3

On 9/27/2023 at 8:05 AM, JustMick474 said:

Not sure if this is the right place but after the update I can no longer get into my base. I’m currently in Forlorn Muskeg and trying to load into the cave at the top of Hat Creek. When I try to enter from either side it says Cannot restore from previous session. Then crashes and I have to reload. I can save by passing time and sleeping, and can get into Milton, but not into the cave where my resources are. Please help. 

Hello! Sorry to hear you've encountered this issue. The best way for the team to support you with this is for you to submit a ticket at our Support Portal: hinterlandgames.com/support

On 9/27/2023 at 8:05 AM, Leeanda said:

Still can't interact with the backpack in forlorn at the cave near broken tower... was it supposed to have been fixed?

Hello! Sorry to hear you've encountered this issue. The best way for the team to support you with this is for you to submit a ticket at our Support Portal: hinterlandgames.com/support

On 9/27/2023 at 9:07 AM, Leeanda said:

My son has just switched his save on to find that timberwolves are now in his game despite being off in the settings..

On 9/27/2023 at 11:48 AM, yoli said:

There are performance issues with the 2.23 update, GPU fan running at full speed all the time and some visible performance drops in some contexts. Also the audio issue about the "exhausted" voice sound when entering a building is still there.

2 minutes ago, Admin said:

Thank you , I did file a ticket before the fix.

3 minutes ago, Admin said:

He did end the run so I don't know if it was a one off bug.. but there does seem to be an issue with the wolves..  I started a new run as a tester for something else on pilgrim to find the wolves were there from the start.  Is the 24 hour grace period still in effect or has it been changed?   

I don't wish to add to the list of fixes unless I'm sure it's a bug.

Hi, on Linux, I was able to play wintermute once after I upgraded. But now I have the same behaviour, it just crashes. Survival mod is fine (I would even say one of the best updates in terms of performance I've seen in a long time).

Ubuntu 22.04 on Xwindows

3 hours ago, Luca Loquax said:

Quack I hope there is a Halloween Event this year!

The chances for that are absolute zero when everything that was intended is also on long delay

And they have not done Halloween special since 2020 anyway

Edited by Mistral

4 hours ago, Luca Loquax said:

I hope there is a Halloween Event this year!

We can play Escape the Darkwalker (challenge) any time we'd like.

We can also take advantage of the Endless Night custom setting to (at least some degree) recreate an approximation Four Days of Night any time we'd like.

We could always start The Hunted - Part 1 (challenge), but instead of beating it we can instead just see how long we can just survive (by simply avoiding the Trapper's Homestead) while the Demon Bear terrorizes us relentlessly.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
There's all sorts of personal challenges we can make for ourselves.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Maybe if they have time, they could perhaps add aspects of 4DoN to custom, allowing us to allow the spawns of the insane candy bar staches, pumpkin pies and endless blizzards. Especially the pumpkin pie, I'd love to find those. I was going to ask for a recipe in game for one, but I don't think we'll ever find pumpkins in this harsh winter lol.

• Upvote 2

On 10/4/2023 at 1:56 PM, Admin said:

Hello! The original release of 60fps support was unintentional and not done in a way that is suitable for development. At the moment we are waiting for Unity to provide a fix in the next update of their engine and we hope that will allow us to fix this bug.

Thank you for explaining this, I really appreciate it.

39 minutes ago, axl said:

spend less time on tales from and more time on wintermute epiode 5 then it would have been a lot further along than it is now

They've said that they are working on both equally......maybe try reading things instead of reposting the same thing ... as raph stated say your piece and move on.

• Upvote 6