THE LONG DARK - Quality of Life Update v2.23

Admin

6 hours ago, lukelwjj said:

No I mean as in survival mode but they have only added these items in the DLC part of the game that has the new maps like the airport for example and not added them to the normal survival with no DLC yet so that’s what I was asking about. @Admin pleases respond.

Don't need an admin for that, all players will tell you the same as me.  Yes a lot of this stuff is on the old "basegame" maps.  Matter of fact all of it is, except for a couple of the variants.

Edited by rush247

11 hours ago, JigglyN said:

@Admin This. This is beyond frustrating and a little offensive at this point considering Series S owners paid for this expansion and after being told to be patient and keep waiting, with this big patch that fixed a plethora of bugs, this HUGE one still exists on the Xbox Series S platform. Give us a fix already. Damn. 

@Admin Thank you. I feel like people on different platforms, and Hinterland as whole really, don’t understand how serious this problem is. Imagine if PC players suddenly found that the game was running at 30 fps (not to mention horrendous input lag) for no apparent reason, and had to wait 3+ months for a fix…there would be outrage. 

People also don’t seem to understand that this wasn’t a new feature that wasn’t implemented properly…it was an EXISTING feature that was removed. Please Hinterland, we just want to enjoy the game again :( .

• Upvote 1

On 9/26/2023 at 5:45 PM, Admin said:
  • Fixed an issue where Sticks, Branches, and Limbs would be removed from a location after the Survivor revisited it.

Objects are no longer completely despawned, which is great, but there still seems to be some aggressive visual optimization going on.

You can see it at the Mountaineering Hut when slowly going in and out while keeping the view to the side. As you leave the hut branches and sticks pop in right into view. Certainly much better than before when they were gone until you walked away some distance, but still not perfect.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BlackGiraffe said:

@Admin Thank you. I feel like people on different platforms, and Hinterland as whole really, don’t understand how serious this problem is. Imagine if PC players suddenly found that the game was running at 30 fps (not to mention horrendous input lag) for no apparent reason, and had to wait 3+ months for a fix…there would be outrage. 

People also don’t seem to understand that this wasn’t a new feature that wasn’t implemented properly…it was an EXISTING feature that was removed. Please Hinterland, we just want to enjoy the game again :( .

Given all of the patches they fixed it's mind blowing this one did not get address at all. We have been told to wait. IT'S BEEN 3 MONTHS. FOR ONE BUG. 

AND IT WORKED FINE AT ONE POINT! 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Polynomial-C said:

And still no new release on GoG in sight. GoG is still at v2.02! I'm so pissed.

I already gave up on ever being able to buy the DLCs via GoG but to not even update the regular game anymore is a really grotty move guys.

I for one agree, you guys don't deserve being cut off.  Whatever GOG did that's on them not you.  It's kinda a catch 22 though since the game now contains parts of the dlc in the form of the "free stream updates", in order to give you those they'd have to give you access to the full dlc too, it's only fair.  They should at least give gift codes for Steam or Epic to you guys since they seem to be the only places Hinterland wants to continue to do business for PC.  Doing otherwise is only making them look bad.

• Upvote 1

On 9/28/2023 at 10:09 PM, Leeanda said:

It says on ALL platforms...    You could've just checked on switch 

The last update for the switch that we got is perilous constraint thats version 2.00. We did not get tales from the far territory yet. So we are not definitetly getting this new patch

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Edsel said:

The last update for the switch that we got is perilous constraint thats version 2.00. We did not get tales from the far territory yet. So we are not definitetly getting this new patch

Some of the bugs have been around for a while..   but it stil might be worth just checking your console .

13 minutes ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

Maybe I'm just blind, but I can't find the option to disable the photosensitivity warning screen.  I think I've been through every option menu and I don't see anything on the screen itself.  Can someone help me out?

It comes on during the warning itself... press whatever it is to skip.. at least on Xbox anyway.

• Upvote 2

I think this is a bug,if pilgrim is still supposed to have a 24 hour grace period, but I started a vanilla run and saw wolves within the first ten minutes...  I thought you had a day without them?

Has this been changed @Admin  or a bug?

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

Ah.  I see what you mean.  I misunderstood the patch notes.  I thought it meant "shut off and never display again".  Wishful thinking, I suppose.

It was worded a bit weirdly so I was surprised as well.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

Ah.  I see what you mean.  I misunderstood the patch notes.  I thought it meant "shut off and never display again".  Wishful thinking, I suppose.

I was also thinking that.  On PC, it appears they just let you "skip" it after it displays for about 5 seconds.

• Upvote 1

Hmm...
I still feel like the whole photosensitivity warning "complaint" was (I imagine) really just an issue for those who would choose to save-scum...  That's the only situation where I could imagine that the original warning's wait-time would actually be a reasonable bother (specifically I mean for those who would be restarting the game "frequently"... then those 14 seconds would add up).

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Philosoraptor.jpg (500×500)

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

I still feel like the whole photosensitivity warning "complaint" was (I imagine) really just an issue for those who would choose to save-scum...

I didn't think of that. I always disliked the idea of allowing us to skip the photosensitivity warning. Having that warning display for a set amount of time is extremely important for those who need it, and I was always willing to wait the 15 seconds or so for the warning to pass if it meant those who need the photosensitivity warning were given plenty of time to read it. Yes the skip is "convenient," but for an already fairly slow pace game, it never really bugged me to not have one. Now I just hope that those who need the warning, don't accidentally skip it when they need it the most.

• Upvote 3

I don't think there are any who dispute the importance of the warning.  I think what most people didn't like was that you were forced to wait on that screen every time.  I think a great compromise would have it initially show the full duration.  After that you are given the option to skip it.  Doesn't that please everyone?

With regards to why people wanted to skip it, you can imagine all the different reasons you want, but each could have their own reason.  Does this mean it's right or wrong?  No.
I do remember (I think it was @RossBondReturns who said it) that he was testing many mods and the only way to do that was restart the game after every change.  As a mod-user, I can certainly see his reasoning.

Edited by hozz1235
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Abenico said:

They are super active in the morning for some reason, 4 ot 5 attacking non stop so I have to shoot one at the end.. long night without meal I suppose hahah Which is great as they hunt in packs anyway

You mean Timberwolves?  They're always overactive lol..  drives me nuts that they won't stay still ...