TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY, Part Two is Here!

Admin

3 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@TheOtherBob

It's a simple observation...  Epic is responsible for getting updates to their player on their platform... Microsoft is responsible for getting updates to their players on their platforms... and GoG is responsible for getting updates to their player on their platform.   It's not an attitude... I think if I had a problem with GoG, then I probably ought to register a complaint it GoG.  That's all.. wasn't passing judgment (as you just did), I was offering a polite suggestion.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
It's a bit uncalled for to try to get personally insulting. :D 

I don't think that's entirely accurate.  You're assuming they are unhappy with how GOG is delivering updates to all their games.  If it's just happening with TLD, then the responsibility is Hinterland's because they are the ones who have the contract with GOG to sell their product on that platform system.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, TheHatchet said:

Anyone else experiencing issues on Xbox??

Completed update and downloaded tftft - now I can’t access wintermute, survival, nor challenges

I wish I could say.... my free update won't be finishing downloading for another 5 hours (per my queue screen).

I think the tone is mostly fine. The problem often lies in how people take the words. We're all different. Many folks have a very difficult time separating criticism/debate from negative hostility/personal attacks. Easy to understand when you realize that opinions are inherently personal.

[edit] The post regarding similes - Words have multiple meanings, let alone similes, even ignoring context & intention. Also what I just posted. It's OK though. Semantical minutiae isn't something I am going to continue on about. But it's real & valid. It's all good.

Edited by Kranium

4 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

Is it on the Switch finally?? 🤣

I don’t think it is yet, just part one and two on Steam for me.  

I’m now updating my Switch to see if the content is Live……

At least you've had some news on it....   I do feel for switch players though.  

I hope you've got that controller all ready to go .. it'd be terrible if your batteries ran out two minutes into the game.😁

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kranium said:

I think the tone is mostly fine. The problem often lies in how people take the words. We're all different. Many folks have a very difficult time separating criticism/debate from negative hostility/personal attacks. Easy to understand when you realize that opinions are inherently personal.

True

a lot gets “lost in translation” through the written word on forums

@Leeanda I’m ready like SpongeBob!

I’m ready I’m ready

downloading downloading

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

Did you submit a ticket?

They had issues last time the update went live.  
I’m assuming you already paid for the full version of Wintermute/Survival and aren’t a new player.  

You are the second person to post on this thread about Xbox issues with this.  

No I didn’t submit a ticket, that’s a good idea though. I uninstalled the dlc and reinstalled multiple times and can now access survival😃

will test wintermute and challenges here soon. 👌🏼

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Renn said:

I'm choosing to immensely dislike you for that.

Personal annoyance and clinical depression are not equivalent... 
I did not suggest they were and said nothing of the kind.

I have a feeling you choose to dislike me the moment I dared not agree with you.  :D 

:coffee::fire::coffee:
We don't agree, and that's okay. 
No need to try and make it personal. :D 

Edited by ManicManiac

I will copy/paste what I said to the steam reply on the patch update.

As much as I love this game, the fact that it was decided to cut-out interloper for the update is not only saddening, I feel like it's wrong. I have spent a ton of time in my interloper run since the update released, and I have anxiously awaited for this patch to try the new Tale only to find out that I will have to create a new run on Stalker just to enjoy it? That leaves a bad taste in my mouth. If it had been mentioned when the paid DLC released that it would have parts cut out for interloper I wouldn't be playing on that difficulty. It just makes me think "Okay, I have to start over now to enjoy the content that I paid for because it's not offered on this difficulty." It's a waste of my time, to be honest. If there are items that don't work with interloper, just don't add them, or have them show up already ruined so they're not of any use. I would be very happy with that idea. "Oh it just isn't meant to be." instead of "Hey, here's all this new content that you can't enjoy at all." I hope that Hinterland re-thinks this and finds a way to include the tale on all difficulties.

It would be very easy to include all the new "Items" for the interloper runs, and just have all of them spawn at 0% durability. I wouldn't mind the extra leather, or cloth to be honest. There are a lot of players who -only- play on Interloper, and have spent dozens if not probably hundreds of hours playing since the DLC, and now to enjoy what they paid for they have to restart their runs, costing them all of those hours of gameplay. Someone above posted that on interloper you need to have reasons to go out and explore because of how hard it is. This is the exact reason to force yourself out, get that extra bear coat and some more arrows, and make the haul out to find what Great Bear is hiding! I really hope that the Devs decide to change their mind on excluding Interloper players from the DLC they paid for. 

• Upvote 4
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TheOtherBob said:

They don't actually explain anything and the true reason they didn't include it is very likely that they simply wouldn't make the effort required to balance it.

1:34 “note that we did not add tales to interloper, as we feel that the constraint that make that experience enjoyable work against the goals of the tale”

Edited by Moosemaster
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Polynomial-C said:

And again no release on GoG. GoG is still at v2.02 no matter what platform I choose.

I would -- again -- like to request an official statement from Hinterland regarding its GoG players. Will we be left with the non-DLC game or will we get the chance to buy the DLCs? Or will Hinterland drop its GoG players for good which currently seems to be the course of action by Hinterland?

Maybe this time we can get an official answer.

We don't currently have an update for GoG, but we will provide more information as soon as it is available. Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Serenity said:

Unlike some people I'm not super mad at this. I don't think the DLC is pointless without the Tales. I don't need a reason to visit maps. I'll visit Forsaken Airfield and the still unreleased maps regardless. And I don't mind missing out on some high end items. But it would have been nice and there is just no credible reason to not include it.

We already get memento caches (now with properly rebalanced loot), finally the prepper caches (YAY!), so I don't see why transponder caches can't be balanced as well.

I just find Stalker to be a bit boring in the long run. There is so much loot everywhere and I'm not a huge fan of the wolf frequency. I can enjoy it short term though.

We are reading each piece of feedback, and we appreciate the ongoing conversation from our Interloper players. In the meantime, we hope you are enjoying the Far Territory! Thank you. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, xanna said:

I really like how many steps there are to acorn processing. It creates a mini mission out of it. I'm glad it's not just another food source like a cattail. 🌰

Thank you for your feedback! 

Count me as another interloper player who wishes more of the features were available there. Modify the loot or whatever to make them more interloper-like, but don't make us start a run at a different level just to try them out.

• Upvote 6
  • Like 3