TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY, Part Two is Here!

Admin

Thank you Hinterland! I think you are a great studio with a fantastic vision of what you want your game experience to be. I have been playing since I read a CBC article about this new Canadian game studio and Wintermute first came out. After EP 1 I switched to survival and never looked back although I did do redux and EP 4. 

I think you constantly deliver exciting and engaging new game play with each new update that has kept me playing for thousands of hours. I feel sorry that people in general have changed over the years and have become entitled complainers that have soured the forums of what used to be a pleasant and helpful community. Nevertheless I hope you all at Hinterland continue to develop your vision over the next year of DLC and I know whatever you are developing for EP5 with be awesome. 

• Upvote 1

I agree with @Serenity about the DLC concept, actually i find the update truly awesome.

The problem about excluding the tales of Interloper isn't exactly about balance. As stated several times, experienced players can survive even in bad scenarios without needing any special mechanic.

Interloper players don't need the Tales but instead want them. That's exactly why everyone is complaining about the update!, Hinterland focuses on balance and this is good, but interloper have reached a point where keep excluding features or items it's meaningless. 

Not everything it's balance, it's rather about the experience. Yes interlopers can't use firearms but can use weapons and hunt, the same applies to inferior tools or clothing pieces, you can still survive after all. But the Tales are a new gameplay experience, keeping interlopers out of this makes a bad feeling about the game. 

I think Interloper it's working as intended for a very long time ago, we don't need changes about the content we can play or not. The challenge works as intended, so it's better to let the players do the new content at late game.

Also, while i haven't experienced the content yet, i think wandering at night with a full aurora during interloper early game seems very.. crazy. You should do it at late game and again this is not a problem of balance because you should already have everything to endless survive.

Edited by Glacia
Language mistakes
  • Upvote 8

I feel that this needs to be said; Interloper players crying out about not getting Tales just shows how much we love this game. We want to be able to experience as much as possible because this game is amazing.

I have over 600 hours, primarily on Loper, and have bought this game on both switch and PC. I also recommend it to anyone who will listen.

I sincerely hope the dev team will reconsider their decision on excluding Tales from interloper.

• Upvote 9
  • Like 2

I'm not an interloper player (I haven't even done 1 day on that difficulty) but I often watch streamers who only play that mode so it would've been nice to watch them experience the Tales. Not being able to play through the Tales on that difficulty probably should've been something that was explained up-front in the original roadmap and description of the DLC. It feels like Hinterland originally intended on enabling it for loper but later realized that they didn't have enough time to make it fit. I hope they find a way to make it work, maybe later in the dev cycle.

Edited by ToAsT
  • Upvote 5
  • Like 1

Im pretty sure this was something related to time of release than a serious balance choice. Interloper loot tables are not even working at 100% (altough mostly fixed) , isn't hard to believe that developers have been focused on the content and not the specific changes needed to make the Tale works on loper games, likely because it is a hard or pesky work.

However they are listening to the community and while this is not a confirmation of a patch to add tales to loper games, i'm very happy about knowing we are being listened. 

My advise it's still to upload a hotfix to add the Tale to loper games, not even thinking about balance because a later patch can fix or change problematic things. Anyways, i highly appreciate the dev team!

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Admin said:

We are reading each piece of feedback, and we appreciate the ongoing conversation from our Interloper players. In the meantime, we hope you are enjoying the Far Territory! Thank you. 

I play almost exclusively interloper and on custom settings and the lack of a tale on / tale off setting is extremely disappointing.

This feels very punishing to veteran players, who are the ones who are I'm sure most eager for new content.

I was sad but understanding when my save was wiped. However, this feels like in order to experience the new content, I have to wipe my own save again and start a new run. I really don't want to do this. My current run was created in excitement and anticipation of experiencing the new DLC content. I'm 135 days into that game, all the while preparing and being excited for the epic adventures I would have in the new DLC content as soon as it unlocked.

Please reconsider and add signal void to ongoing custom and interloper games. Heck, you could even have a little popup box that's like "hey do you want signal void, yes/no?" whenever you start a new run or a run that's already started since the update and you play it for the first time.

So far, the DLC has offered me nothing but disappointment. It has wiped my save once, and unless you add signal void to custom/interloper, will heavily encourage me to start over yet again. I have paid money to have things taken away from me twice now. I have so far effectively paid money for clothing items that don't spawn and story elements that don't exist. That feels REALLY bad and I'm beginning to wish this DLC never existed.

I want to be excited for new content so badly. Please stop taking things away.

• Upvote 8
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Moosemaster said:

1:34 “note that we did not add tales to interloper, as we feel that the constraint that make that experience enjoyable work against the goals of the tale”

Makes a lot of sense. The goal of Signal Void sounds primarily about finding loot.  Which is the opposite of Interloper.  Loper is all about not finding anything and being waylaid in the huevos over and over again until you just can't take it anymore. 

image.jpeg.4d4cfd2dc198e535356006126ee16d6c.jpeg

Perhaps a "Tale" that is specific ONLY to Loper could address this? I understand the mostly Interloper players want to enjoy a narrative driven mission as well, and given the fluid nature of the current DLC updates, perhaps HTL could add such a gameplay feature? I would imagine that a "Tale" tailored to the goals of Interlopers wouldn't fit well with the features of the other difficulty levels, same reasoning that was used for the current Tale. 

Also, has it already been answered and I missed it?  Can the Tale be played on Custom?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mia Matsumo said:

Any Xbox players have difficulties with torches? I cannot chain torch or lit a torch from a fire. 
Not very handy on Interloper lol. 
Just payed 50 euro and now i cant play the game....sigh....

PS4 Pro -Thank you, I thought I was going crazy.

You find any help with this yet?

Torches are not chaining at all for me.

I've submitted this but damn I was waiting so patiently and now we can't explore indoor caves with torches.

I don’t even play Interloper and I’m agreeing with everyone here that is upset regarding loper players not obtaining almost any of the content that the DLC is producing thus far. I can understand the item variants being excluded as you don’t want OP loot on loper but excluding the TALE aspect when the expansion pass is literally called TALES From The Far Territory is a bit ridiculous. If they knew that most of the DLC add ons were going to exclude loper players why not mention that at the very beginning before they spent money? I want to think that this wasn’t intentional AT ALL on Hinterland’s part but more of an unfortunate oversight. Im really hoping they reconsider this decision and maybe adjust the rewards in each of the tale bunkers instead of exclude an entire tribe of their player base. 

As someone who is thoroughly enjoying Stalker, everything that the dev team has added looks amazing and I’m really looking forward to checking it all out this weekend! Cheers! Good luck out there survivors!

• Upvote 6
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Admin said:

We don't currently have an update for GoG, but we will provide more information as soon as it is available. Thank you. 

It's amazing how your reply to my inquiry doesn't answer a single one of my questions... 😞

So Hinterland just continues to leave its GoG players in suspense.

3 hours ago, brandon_moss22 said:

PS4 Pro -Thank you, I thought I was going crazy.

You find any help with this yet?

Torches are not chaining at all for me.

I've submitted this but damn I was waiting so patiently and now we can't explore indoor caves with torches.

Hi Brandon, 
I did.! The buttons on the controller changed, instead of pressing A for the torch it changed to RT, maybe you have something similair with your PS controller.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

Personal annoyance and clinical depression are not equivalent... 
I did not suggest they were and said nothing of the kind.

I have a feeling you choose to dislike me the moment I dared not agree with you.  :D 

:coffee::fire::coffee:
We don't agree, and that's okay. 
No need to try and make it personal. :D 

Oh my friend...

I didn't say they were equivalent either, I just said you seem like the person who would say that (unrelated to this).

You never actually disagreed with me directly, so no I didn't dislike you the moment you dared not agree with me. No, I dislike you for your constantly forcing a faux-positive comment on people who are complaining about something related to the game, as if trying to tell people they're not allowed to complain or have negative opinions about the game and have to force a smile on their face and just accept it with a positive attitude. How dare we choose to run out of things to do after 500 in-game days and get bored am I right?

That and your incessant use of the most cringy emoji's.

But thanks to the moderators for warning me. Now I know what your standards of "respectful" are. Considering I was already being quite respectful by my own standards I will try to do better in the future.

Edited by Renn
  • Upvote 3

More metal optimizations' for macOS please. With every release the game runs slower...

Also, please include tales on looper. After successfully playing looper, the game is boring on the other difficulties...

Edited by vladxs2000
  • Upvote 1

I am very happy with the update so far. However, I stand with the Interloper players (though I am not one). Even though the new gameplay is mostly navigational help which they have traditionally disregarded in previous updates, I think they want 'right of refusal' rather than have it be denied. Some of them might even want to enjoy the lore aspect.

Since literally all of the players I watch on Youtube are interloper players I have to say this deserves some more thought. A toggle setting in custom or a loot balance could solve this controversy.

• Upvote 7
  • Like 1

This looks like a wonderful update, downloading it right now and eager to try it.

As was mentioned many times already, the new tale not being available in interloper mode is kind of an... interfloper? 😁 I am not very good myself at interloper mode, but I can understand this is frustrating to many users, I think Hinterland should think about reintegrating interloper in the loop (don't mess with interloper players, they are the strongest!).

Edited by yoli
  • Upvote 1

Just wanted to add my 2c and echo the sentiment on excluding tales from interloper. 

Like many veteran players and content creators, interloper mode is the staple game mode for us.

Playing in other modes to experience new content rather than enjoying it in our current save and any future runs I would choose to start is not an option for me. Voyager/Stalker/Pilgrim modes are too easy, offer too much loot, and the use of guns trivialises the challenge to survive in such a bleak world and so it holds little interest to me to play. Working around with custom modes is not acceptable, I wish to stay true to the pure experience of loper that the devs hoped for.

Having eagerly purchased the DLC in support of hinterlands continued effort into creating content, I am now unable to enjoy one of the key content features in this new patch. I am honestly gutted as I would have likely continued playing and exploring in my current loper run that managed to reach FA. I don't think I will be doing this now, every single previous content patch has released something new to find and an area in which to explore to get it, including in interloper mode. We are given the reason to exclude it as it being against the spirit of loper game mode, so it's an intentional design choice rather than a technical limitation they could not work around. 

Really disappointed about this choice, and it will mean a. I regret buying the DLC, and b. I will not play the new DLC until it is resolved, or at all in the future. 

• Upvote 7

To the people complaining that Tales are not in Interloper - but you did get the point that Bunkers now are part of Interloper, right? So if you need a reason to explore the maps, that's quite a valid reason.

That being said, yes I was a bit surprised too that Tales are not part of loper but then, so are many other things and the concious choice by the Dev team to not add it, certainly does not warrant the hostility some are displaying in this thread.

Besides, what you might get in loper is not really worth the hassle, even in Stalker after finding some caches I asked myself why I went into the trouble of waiting for an aurora, being attacked by an aurora wolf because I was so focused on the signal, despite having shot him twice with my Rifle, only to find a cache full of flares and a flashlight.

The only reason for my to go on is the

which - guess what - is of no use in Interloper

;)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Semple Fi said:

Which is the opposite of Interloper

I think the difficulty of Interloper is overstated. It's hard at the start. But once you're settled in it's pretty smooth. There is still lots of stuff to find. That ship has sailed by adding more and more regions over the years. You can play practically forever and are not going to run out of main items for a thousand days. Things are just spread around and not all in a few places.

And that's fine. I don't think it needs an adjustment. It's not the environment that will kill you. It's not running out of resources. It's overconfidence and your own complacency. You get used to things going well and start taking risks. Then you let your condition go down and run into a wolf or a bear that you'd have avoided early on.

There are also less wolves than in Stalker, which is probably the main reason I prefer it. They are a lot more dangerous, but not having a pack of wolves at every corning makes it a lot more relaxing.

Adding a piece of a rarer item like a pack of herbal tea or a stim isn't going to make things easier or let you survive longer. But it will be appreciated.

Also, for it's worth, I was somewhat skeptical about the transponder thing when it was announced. I thought it was mostly fluff. But it's an interesting mechanic and pretty well done. And the rest of the update with the acorns, prepper bunkers and beach combing is good too. I like the small UI icon updates. So this could have been a great update.

Edited by Serenity
  • Upvote 6

DON'T GIVE ME SOME GAME EXPERIENCE BS WHY YOU'RE LEAVING"TALES" OUT OF INTERLOPER. IT'S UP TO THE PLAYER TO DECIDE THE EXPERIENCE, THAT'S THE GREAT THING ABOUT THIS GAME AND WAS RAPHAEL'S INGENIOUS REASON FOR MAKING THE LONG DARK!!! TALES IS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL PLEASE PUT IT IN INTERLOPER!!!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, colzboppo said:

Just wanted to add my 2c and echo the sentiment on excluding tales from interloper. 

Like many veteran players and content creators, interloper mode is the staple game mode for us.

Playing in other modes to experience new content rather than enjoying it in our current save and any future runs I would choose to start is not an option for me. Voyager/Stalker/Pilgrim modes are too easy, offer too much loot, and the use of guns trivialises the challenge to survive in such a bleak world and so it holds little interest to me to play. Working around with custom modes is not acceptable, I wish to stay true to the pure experience of loper that the devs hoped for.

Having eagerly purchased the DLC in support of hinterlands continued effort into creating content, I am now unable to enjoy one of the key content features in this new patch. I am honestly gutted as I would have likely continued playing and exploring in my current loper run that managed to reach FA. I don't think I will be doing this now, every single previous content patch has released something new to find and an area in which to explore to get it, including in interloper mode. We are given the reason to exclude it as it being against the spirit of loper game mode, so it's an intentional design choice rather than a technical limitation they could not work around. 

Really disappointed about this choice, and it will mean a. I regret buying the DLC, and b. I will not play the new DLC until it is resolved, or at all in the future. 

Agreed 👍

• Upvote 2