TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY, Part Two is Here!

Admin

tftft-part-two-steam-library-spotlight.thumb.png.786bff7b9dff582f006a07777145a0ea.png

Survivors, get ready for a whole new Survival experience. TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY, Part Two: SIGNAL VOID is available NOW on Steam, Epic Games Store, PlayStation, and Xbox! (Reminder: The update may take time to appear on all platforms.) 

The latest Expansion Pass update introduces the first Tale, SIGNAL VOID. Explore a narrative-driven challenge that delves into the territory's mysterious past, featuring gameplay objectives that reveal the history of Great Bear Island. 

For more information on the first Tale, and a look at the great new content available in Part Two: SIGNAL VOID, check out our new update video below: 

Part Two: SIGNAL VOID Expansion Pass Content

• The first Tale: SIGNAL VOID (requires an estimated 5+ hours to complete)
  • Handheld Shortwave Radio: For use with Transponder Cache Gameplay
  • Transponder Cache Gameplay: Including the Handheld Shortwave, Transmitter sites, and trackable hidden Supply Caches
  • New Bunkers: Discovered as part of the Tale
  • Four new clothing items: The Hockey Jersey, Flight Jacket, Aviator Cap, and Technical Balaclava
  • New “Surprise” Accessory item: Only found as part of the Tale – check out the update video to find out more! 

Free Stream

Note: This update is available to anyone who owns THE LONG DARK or SURVIVAL EDITION. 

• Fire-Hardened Arrows: Good for hunting small game
  • Enhanced Prepper Bunkers, including visual updates, loot updates, and a spawn refresh
  • Enhanced Beachcombing: Watch for new loot and larger items after storms
  • Acorns & more Oak Trees: Prepare and eat Acorns, or use them to make delicious Acorn Coffee

About TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY 

Releasing in multiple Parts over the course of a 12-month campaign, TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY includes both paid updates for those who own the Expansion Pass, and free updates for anyone who owns THE LONG DARK (or SURVIVAL EDITION). Updates are currently planned for release every 10 weeks or so, depending on development realities. 

Thank you for your ongoing support, Survivors. Good luck exploring the Far Territory, and we hope you enjoy the latest Expansion Pass update! 

For more information on TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY, including details on availability and the full planned content Roadmap, please visit the updated Expansion Pass website

• Upvote 5
  • Like 8

So, the Tale is not available on Interloper (which I'm kind of sad about) but... what about custom games? I've already checked, there's no separate setting for it, but maybe it's hidden in another setting?

• Upvote 8

4 minutes ago, Renn said:

So, the Tale is not available on Interloper (which I'm kind of sad about) but... what about custom games? I've already checked, there's no separate setting for it, but maybe it's hidden in another setting?

Perhaps you gotta put the ''baseline resources available'' to medium in order to ''turn on'' the tale?

5 minutes ago, A Lamp said:

Perhaps you gotta put the ''baseline resources available'' to medium in order to ''turn on'' the tale?

I'm trying it now! That was my first thought too. Hopefully they'll add it as it's own setting at some point. Stalker just isn't quite hard enough for me anymore 😁

The game updated and steam shows that is was updated today but the loading screen does not indicate any changes. It still says DLC01 and the latest news are Dev Update Feb 23. It this right or will this be changed later?

20230330193922_1.thumb.jpg.e9c5dc2acc509eac217f2bf84897c741.jpg

[EDIT] ah after clicking on Survival I see Part Two Signal Void available.

Edited by ChillPlayer

Shame we don't get Signal Void in Interloper. I do think it could be made to fit. Especially if it were available as an option and can be turned off. It doesn't need to include the new clothing and food items. I'd be happy with an extra ear wrap and some basic candy bars.

Great to finally have prepper bunkers though 😍

• Upvote 8

I'm sorry, but the fact that the Tales portion is not available to interloper players is BS. I paid for the DLC but because I enjoy a more difficult setting I won't be able to access the main draw of the DLC unless I go down a difficulty??

I understand that loot should be adjusted for interloper but there's no reason to lock us out of the story aspects of the Tales. For the first time since I started playing and supporting this game I'm extremely disappointed and frustrated. If anything, interloper NEEDS Tales. It's difficult to survive which would make earning those story points that much more rewarding.

Very disappointed. I hope the Dev team changes their minds about this.

• Upvote 17
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nitzy said:

I'm sorry, but the fact that the Tales portion is not available to interloper players is BS. I paid for the DLC but because I enjoy a more difficult setting I won't be able to access the main draw of the DLC unless I go down a difficulty??

I understand that loot should be adjusted for interloper but there's no reason to lock us out of the story aspects of the Tales. For the first time since I started playing and supporting this game I'm extremely disappointed and frustrated. If anything, interloper NEEDS Tales. It's difficult to survive which would make earning those story points that much more rewarding.

They explain in their release video explaining what is in the update their reasons for keeping it out of interloper

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Nitzy said:

Couldn't agree more honestly, I find I have LESS incentive to go out and explore the world when I play interloper, because it's risky. I need more incentive to go out and explore in interloper than any of the other difficulties. I'd absolutely understand if you'd need to adjust the loot so it won't be too much of a must-do or the rewards won't make it too easy, but yeah even an ear wrap, a jar of peanut butter, hell a pack of tea or other clothing or food that isn't the best of the best, but not available anywhere else in interloper. I'm sure you can make it work... Pretty please...

• Upvote 11
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Moosemaster said:

They explain in their release video explaining what is in the update their reasons for keeping it out of interloper

And I don't really agree. Why not make it an option when starting the game, so you can still play "classic" Interloper? That way people who want the more solitary experience can still have it. And then put mostly basic stuff into the caches. It doesn't need to by anything fancy, except for the final reward maybe. Any new region adds more loot.

Going out at night in Interloper is a lot more difficult in Stalker, where between the overall temperature and the excellent clothing you can be entirely warm for much of the time. And wrestling wolves at lower condition is extremely dangerous, whereas on Stalker you can do it twice back to back.

Edited by Serenity
  • Upvote 8
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheOtherBob said:

I definitely don't want a bunch of OP gear, but I wouldn't have a problem with a bundle of arrowheads and an extra ear wrap or something.  Hell, I would do it just for the sake of doing it. Challenges in game are not required to have tangible rewards.  We who play interloper enjoy a challenge just for the sake of being challenged!

That's fair enough , it was just a theory.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

They probably felt that the majority of loper players wouldn't welcome more loot.

They've added so many new maps over the years that a bit more loot isn't really an issue anymore. You can already live forever. It shouldn't overload you like the summit does on Stalker and below for example, but some extra food doesn't make a difference. Especially at the stage you're doing the transponders. Interloper is only a struggle early on. But by the time you're comfortable to go out for caches you're already settled in.

An extra ear wrap would be nice because they get easily eaten.

Edited by Serenity
  • Upvote 2

Loot balance shouldn't be an issue. There are many items in interloper that are highly sought out. Instead of OP clothing, give us a moose skin or ear wraps. Instead of a rifle holster, give us arrow heads. Instead of MREs, give us tea and stims. There are countless ways they could have balanced the Tales loot, but they chose not to. A choice that is unacceptable to me as it alienates a portion of their player base that PAID for DLC.

• Upvote 11
  • Like 3

I don’t even play interloper much, but I have to agree. Tales should definitely be available on all difficulties. Wintermute is exciting and challenging, because of the story progress, but almost any difficulty in survival mode gets too easy and boring when you’ve been playing for years and know where to go to get plenty of loot. In fact, I think they should add something like this specifically for interloper players only, to give more people a reason to play that difficulty. (Not saying this DLC specifically, but adding more of a challenge or a “reason” to play at that level as opposed to the easier ones.) 

• Upvote 8
  • Like 1