TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY, Part Two is Here!

Admin

And again no release on GoG. GoG is still at v2.02 no matter what platform I choose.

I would -- again -- like to request an official statement from Hinterland regarding its GoG players. Will we be left with the non-DLC game or will we get the chance to buy the DLCs? Or will Hinterland drop its GoG players for good which currently seems to be the course of action by Hinterland?

Maybe this time we can get an official answer.

• Upvote 3

Funny (not really) how there’s always complaints.  

Question 1: What’s GoG? Never heard of it so it must be super popular and I’m super old.  

Question 2: Is the Tale available in Custom? If so, why is interloper necessary? Just make the game ridiculously hard in custom. Or is it simply “I want what I want and nothing is ever good enough unless I get what I want because I represent the majority of the player base?”

Both of my questions sounds antagonistic, but I’m asking them seriously.  Is there really no other acceptable way to enjoy these updates?

Edited by Semple Fi
Misspelling
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@Polynomial-C
It might perhaps be better to maybe take GoG issues up with GoG.  :D 

:coffee::fire::coffee:

I disagree... I think it's Hinterland's responsibility.  They finally came clean about leaving Xbox Game Pass (although we don't yet know if or how this has been affecting the delays in the DLC's being released on that platform... and there is still much uncertainty as to how this is going to affect future releases and their price).

With these significant delays and issues, I think we have some good reasons to be frustrated at this point.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Renn said:

Is being that annoying also a choice?

How about you let everyone choose how they want to play the game, let us decide if we want to pursue a Tale on interloper, while you apparently are content sitting on the Pleasant Valley Farmstead porch watching the blizzards. But it'd be real nice if you don't invalidate our opinions.

But does that invalidate Maniac’s opinion…?

image.gif.ec4ae7bb5d61bd8cc44c072542e0bc86.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Why not on interloper? This is nonsense. There is already a lot of content missing at this level of complexity. I'll help you remember, interloper lacks: a rifle, a revolver (because of this, a huge part of the content on creating ammo is not relevant). Also, there are no options for tools.
  Now the question - if  many other old players and me play on interloper - why should we buy DLS? We don't get anything anyway. And yes, the difficulty on interloper is not that high for older players. My survivor has lived 5k days on new interloper and is going to live more, and if he got a new jacket, he would not have died of boredom (it would not have become 10 times easier for him to live). The main difficulty of interloper in temperature, battles with wolves and restoring health is everything. I've been playing since 2018, and I've been playing for 3k hours now - I have a bit experience. 

I am a devoted fan, but I feel the pain of not getting anything important on my interloper. Also, trust me a lot of players from Russia and Ukraine support me (I am a participant in our local forums. Despite everything, our peoples are very close and we communicate a lot). Forgive my English.
    I wish everyone peace and goodness

Edited by Ворожей
  • Upvote 9
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

Funny (not really) how there’s always complaints.  

Question 2: Is the table available in Custom? If so, why is interloper necessary? Just make the game ridiculously hard in custom. Or is it simply “I want what I want and nothing is ever good enough unless I get what I want because I represent the majority of the player base?”

There's no separate setting in custom. I'm currently trying a custom run with all setting set to interloper except for "Baseline Resource Availability" which is set to medium (Stalker level resources). Haven't been to Forsaken Airfield yet but so far I do seem to have found items related to the tale. However, I've also found "better" items, like Hunting Knife, Mariners Pea Coat, Insulated Boots, Peanut Butter and Condensed Milk, which diminishes the difficulty and the feel of Interloper by a lot to be honest. So even if the Tale does work like this, it's not the same.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

If we don't get updates ..people complain .if we get updates. ..people complain...   How about we all just play the game and worry about real things happening in our lives,,,  

Still no excuse for having a go at each other,.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Renn said:

There's no separate setting in custom. I'm currently trying a custom run with all setting set to interloper except for "Baseline Resource Availability" which is set to medium (Stalker level resources). Haven't been to Forsaken Airfield yet but so far I do seem to have found items related to the tale. However, I've also found "better" items, like Hunting Knife, Mariners Pea Coat, Insulated Boots, Peanut Butter and Condensed Milk, which diminishes the difficulty and the feel of Interloper by a lot to be honest. So even if the Tale does work like this, it's not the same.

Understood.  
I play on Stalker typically unless I’m feeling saucy and then I’ll play interloper.  
But, I also play narrative tales for the storyline, not the difficulty setting.  
So for me, I don’t naturally understand.  

Can baseline resource be reduced lower? (Again, I haven’t messed with Custom since it removes “feats”)

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

If we don't get updates ..people complain .if we get updates. ..people complain...   How about we all just play the game and worry about real things happening in our lives,,, 

As much as I love Hinterland... I do feel they keep doing this to themselves. They promised updates every 8-10 weeks this year, but we had to wait much longer to even get news on Part 2, which means people complain there's no updates.

And they didn't state anywhere in their roadmap, DLC announcement or even the announcement for Part 2 that Tales would not be available on Interloper, that came completely out of left field today. As someone else said earlier, that would've been a key selling point for people, some of which only play Interloper, who could've then chosen to not buy or buy later. Of course there's going to be backlash with an unexpected announcement like that.

• Upvote 9
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

Understood.  
I play on Stalker typically unless I’m feeling saucy and then I’ll play interloper.  
But, I also play narrative tales for the storyline, not the difficulty setting.  
So for me, I don’t naturally understand.  

Can baseline resource be reduced lower? (Again, I haven’t messed with Custom since it removes “feats”)

It can only be reduced down to Low, which is the Interloper setting, so the Tale would definitely not be active then.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

As I edited in...  Still no excuse for hostility between anyone.   

I’m just happy I paid for it now, before it became $35 or whatever it’s going up to.  
It sounds like several in the community should’ve refrained from purchasing the download, and simply waited the 12 months so they could decide not to pay for it then since they aren’t happy with the content.  

I’m currently at 1.5G downloaded….

Waiting with EXTREME ANTICIPATION!!! 😅😅😅

• Upvote 1

@TheOtherBob

It's a simple observation...  Epic is responsible for getting updates to their player on their platform... Microsoft is responsible for getting updates to their players on their platforms... and GoG is responsible for getting updates to their player on their platform.   It's not an attitude... I think if I had a problem with GoG, then I probably ought to register a complaint it GoG.  That's all.. wasn't passing judgment (as you just did), I was offering a polite suggestion.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
It's a bit uncalled for to try to get personally insulting. :D 

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Semple Fi said:

I’m just happy I paid for it now, before it became $35 or whatever it’s going up to.  
It sounds like several in the community should’ve refrained from purchasing the download, and simply waited the 12 months so they could decide not to pay for it then since they aren’t happy with the content.  

I’m currently at 1.5G downloaded….

Waiting with EXTREME ANTICIPATION!!! 😅😅😅

Agreed..I thought I'd gotten enough free content over the last few years to warrant paying more than the dlc was worth anyway. 

Yay to you.. and happy news for the switch at last 😁

Unlike some people I'm not super mad at this. I don't think the DLC is pointless without the Tales. I don't need a reason to visit maps. I'll visit Forsaken Airfield and the still unreleased maps regardless. And I don't mind missing out on some high end items. But it would have been nice and there is just no credible reason to not include it.

We already get memento caches (now with properly rebalanced loot), finally the prepper caches (YAY!), so I don't see why transponder caches can't be balanced as well.

I just find Stalker to be a bit boring in the long run. There is so much loot everywhere and I'm not a huge fan of the wolf frequency. I can enjoy it short term though.

Edited by Serenity
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TheHatchet said:

Anyone else experiencing issues on Xbox??

Completed update and downloaded tftft - now I can’t access wintermute, survival, nor challenges

Did you submit a ticket?

They had issues last time the update went live.  
I’m assuming you already paid for the full version of Wintermute/Survival and aren’t a new player.  

You are the second person to post on this thread about Xbox issues with this.  

10 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Agreed..I thought I'd gotten enough free content over the last few years to warrant paying more than the dlc was worth anyway. 

Yay to you.. and happy news for the switch at last 😁

Is it on the Switch finally?? 🤣

I don’t think it is yet, just part one and two on Steam for me.  

I’m now updating my Switch to see if the content is Live……

• Upvote 1