What's the creepiest place in TLD?

Robbiieeee

Any rope bridge. My player meta-knowledge knows they're perfectly safe as long as you walk straight. You can even hit them at a full sprint safely. But the audio and visual feedback says "This rickety rope bridge is falling apart under its own weight, hasn't been maintained in probably 50+ years, and you're going to just trust your life to it. Sure. OK. Yeah. Great idea. Hey, guy on the ground who obviously fell off the bridge, is this a good idea?"

• Upvote 3
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

Any rope bridge. My player meta-knowledge knows they're perfectly safe as long as you walk straight. You can even hit them at a full sprint safely. But the audio and visual feedback says "This rickety rope bridge is falling apart under its own weight, hasn't been maintained in probably 50+ years, and you're going to just trust your life to it. Sure. OK. Yeah. Great idea. Hey, guy on the ground who obviously fell off the bridge, is this a good idea?"

So this is just visual? Is there any real threat of falling off the sides of the rope bridge when it sways?

As for my favorite creepy spot, the bear cave in the North East corner of Ash Canyon! The scattered bones everywhere and the fear of not knowing if the bear is in that cave or wandering around.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Merrak said:

So this is just visual? Is there any real threat of falling off the sides of the rope bridge when it sways?

Well you can if you walk off the edge sure, but if you line yourself up so you're staring dead ahead at the other side, and you just go straight, you'll make it every time.

• Upvote 1

Any place with corpse. Especially if it is next to the bed you have to sleep. Kinda ghastly. But, to answer the original question properly: Maybe the Carter hydro dam. Second place would be the big mines, particularly the one with the poisonous gas in Blackrock region. I also don't like half-ruined locations, they bum me out. Hibernia processing is also quite creepy, with all those whale bones. Blackrock prison is creepy too, especially the underground part. Overall this game achieves good creepy atmosphere, and the music is very fitting too.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Maybe not so creepy but more macabre:  PV airline crash - bodies and fire everywhere.

Oh yes, for sure! I wrote a story about that crash and had to play through the area to soak up the details and kinda freaked myself out

I have a couple of thoughts:

I think that ever since Four Days of Night (2019) when I decided to sort of RP the run, the Pleasant Valley Farmstead (or as I call it - The Shunned House) is one of the creepier locations on Great Bear Island.

Especially considering what Molly was getting up to:

If her version of the story is true... then why fight off the wolves and then drag the body home to keep it in the basement?  Why not just let the wolves have it?    ...Just saying...

I'd say other good candidates:
St. Christopher's Church - Mountain Town
The Lonely Light House - Desolation Point (during an aurora)
Community Hall - Pleasant Valley (during the dark of the night)

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ManicManiac said:

I have a couple of thoughts:

I think that ever since Four Days of Night (2019) when I decided to sort of RP the run, the Pleasant Valley Farmstead (or as I call it - The Shunned House) is one of the creepier locations on Great Bear Island.

Especially considering what Molly was getting up to:

Reveal hidden contents

If her version of the story is true... then why fight off the wolves and then drag the body home to keep it in the basement?  Why not just let the wolves have it?    ...Just saying...

I'd say other good candidates:
St. Christopher's Church - Mountain Town
The Lonely Light House - Desolation Point (during an aurora)
Community Hall - Pleasant Valley (during the dark of the night)

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Lol😁.  Carrying a drunk person is hard enough but a dead one would require Molly to be a lot stronger than she appears to be.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I don't know if this counts as creepy really, but one place that always gets to me Destroyed Lookout.

I've been playing TLD for a long time (since 2015), and back then that lookout was still intact, and it use to be my favorite safehouse location. So seeing it now in a destroyed state fills me with.. And eerie sense of loss... 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 3

There's some love here for the Hydro dam. I made this post because I remembered that in the Hydro dam many years ago when I first started playing it really creeped me out. And in the corridor leading down I was attacked by a wolf. For years I always thought I assumed I either imagined it or it was a glitch. Recently I discovered that wolf is called Fluffy (I think) and has since been removed from the Dam. But alot of players discussing this wolf all say how creepy the Dam is. I definitely agree. But the MT big house is still the eeriest. It just looks like a cliche haunted house and not having the old woman there in survival is even eerier. Also I think the Hunter's lodge in BR is creepy with the empty bedrooms and the rocking chair

All of Forlorn Muskeg gets my vote for creepiest, though not sure creepy is the exact word. I just don't like ever going there for some odd reason. I have been killed there a number of times, so that might have something to do with it, but the place just has no appeal to me. I don't like all the thin ice, wolves, bears. There aren't a lot of great places to hang out. The weather is usually miserable. Bleak inlet runs a close second with all the TWs.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, TonyInPleasantValley said:

All of Forlorn Muskeg gets my vote for creepiest, though not sure creepy is the exact word. I just don't like ever going there for some odd reason. I have been killed there a number of times, so that might have something to do with it, but the place just has no appeal to me. I don't like all the thin ice, wolves, bears. There aren't a lot of great places to hang out. The weather is usually miserable. Bleak inlet runs a close second with all the TWs.

I know what you mean ,I feel the same about hrv.. so I don't go ..   marsh ridge is nice and quiet and has a beautiful view.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1