Announcing TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY

Admin

Really interested in how this will affect the difficulty levels.  The item that leapt out as a potential game changer for loper would be the arrows.  the ability for some level of hunting/ defence without a forge run could really change the dynamic.  that said, if there are moggies about that could be a fair trade 🐈

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

It's always been a good region. Just a bit of a trek to get there.😊

I've always liked BR too 😊 Not so far for me as I always settle eventually in ML, and use the BR forge rather than FM. So I'll be able to save some shoe leather. Hurrah.

Edited by Sgt Socks
  • Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

It's always been a good region. Just a bit of a trek to get there.😊

Of course, but now it's much better. It have everything you need before traveling to the new regions, even the Forge.

The region have always been 'Unfinished', it's not a bad region but there is not several interesting things besides the 'Safe' forge. With the new content, the region now feels amazing!

3 minutes ago, Glacia said:

Of course, but now it's much better. It have everything you need before traveling to the new regions, even the Forge.

The region have always been 'Unfinished', it's not a bad region but there is not several interesting things besides the 'Safe' forge. With the new content, the region now feels amazing!

Indeed.

It also has one of my fave moose spawns...right behind the lodge.

The one down with the wolves is a pita.

I love BRR though always have.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mistral said:

Loot and animal spawn tables + player starting locations being entirely refreshed makes even the base game feel entirely new I think, especially as they say they are trying to make each (already existing) region feel more unique. So gone are probably guaranteed matches at Mountaineer Hut and gone are guaranteed rabbits and wolves next to it and so on. Maybe the bear now sits next to the cabin and there's only crackers to be had. I assume HRV spawns are now gonna radically differ from say Coastal Highway... Hopefully this would also mean a bit more randomization in animal pathing too.

This might be the thing I'm most excited about. The unrealistic feel I get from sitting outside the Camp Office and knowing that the bear I can see out on the lake will never ever walk my way is a bit of a downer, so this change will be like a whole new game!

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

I have to say, new spawn points, new loot tables (and changes to the map?) are what will make the game feel almost new to us veteran players. Imagine your favourite song and you are given the chance to listen to it for the first time again. This is how i feel about this update (well, almost). Can't wait to stumble across the maps like a noob again!

What stays a bit under the radar: new updates every ~8-10 weeks. I remember the energy in the beginning years, when we only had 3 regions. We were on fire every 4-6 weeks when a new major update hit. Almost everytime a new region and more mechanics and and and... that i can experience this energy again... thank you Hinterland!

//oh btw the first screenshot (here actually)looks just awesome! And in the second one the bucket and the broom are looking suspiciously like we can actually use them 😏

Edited by Karl Grylls
  • Upvote 7
  • Like 1

On 11/17/2022 at 8:52 PM, Ghurcb said:

New teaser image just dropped. This time from Steam.

83be856b2ce3c59735f08e36f2292aaed385e223.png

This is an example of "item variants". I suspected that could mean different skins for your tools. Feels nice to be proven right.

This is Vaughn's Rifle, so I guess all of the item variants would have some story behind them (like how in predux there were Jeremiah's knife and rifle).

Looks like a lighter rifle than what we have… a .22 LR carbine, perhaps?

• Upvote 1

Judging from the look of the barrel band and magazine it looks like a 'sporterized' British Enfield riffle.  From the sights maybe a #1 Mk3.   You feed it the same .303 ammo as the others but has been modified to be lighter and more handy.  After the war, tonnes of these were available in Canada for a song and surplus ammo was cheap and everywhere. 

That version would  be lighter than the 10lbs of the military issue SMLE, quicker handier but would recoil harder.

Just as good at making Fluffy-Burgers.

My humble two cents.

Civy.smle.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Like 2

On 10/23/2022 at 9:13 PM, Raphael van Lierop said:

Steam being the operative word here. 👀

I didn’t make my way to the right part of the posts apparently,  Ralph has been commenting directly on development and I missed it until today!!

Thank you for such direct involvement!!! 🤯🙂🙃😀

On 10/20/2022 at 1:15 AM, Admin said:
  • All unlocked Feats, Feats progress, and Achievements will be carried over to the Expansion Pass and updated Survival Mode. You will not lose these!
  • All previous WINTERMUTE save files and general episode unlocks will continue to work in the updated Story Mode.

What about challenge saves – will I be able to continue an old Archivist or As the dead Sleep save?

First off: Thanks to Zac for his update videos on YT. 

I am a cowardly guy with PTSD, MS, and a laptop without a place to use my wireless mouse. I will be playing on Pilgrim, (I would complain about Hinterland making my college's mascot the 'easy' level but we are a small division 3 school so it fits.) listening to Lo-fi while looting and scooting. 

Only qualm on the game, Bucks, (male deer) lose their antlers in the winter. Theoretically, the male deer should look like does with no antlers just bigger. 

I honestly can't wait. One question is does the trader move around? Also, is it Jerimiah?

• Upvote 1