Watch Now: TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY TRAILER, Roadmap, and Launch Date

Survivors, mark your calendars and get ready to expand your adventures in the Quiet Apocalypse. 

TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY launches on Steam and Epic Games Store on December 5th, 2022 (and on PlayStation, Xbox, and Switch in early 2023). Look ahead at fantastic upcoming content in the campaign Roadmap, and don't miss the full trailer below, featuring a glimpse at new Regions, new Gameplay, and new objective-based Tales. 

TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY is the first paid expansion pass for Survival Mode in THE LONG DARK. Releasing in multiple drops over the course of a 12-month campaign, the expansion will significantly add to the world of Great Bear Island and the game’s core Survival foundation. 

Want to be notified at launch? Add TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY to your Steam Wishlist, and don't forget to visit the official Expansion Pass website for answers to Frequently Asked Questions, updated info, and more.   

• Like 8

I loved just about everything shown in the trailer.  New places, new game mechanics, new models.  Same classic TLD vibe.

This cabin, gorgeous setting.  Looks pretty remote, so I found myself wondering how practical it might be to stock with food and firewood.  Then I remembered the travois.  Ohhhhh, I get it now! 

image.thumb.png.2e6a73578a2bb43e0a560f8018bfbe6f.png

It looks to be quite nice on the inside, too.

image.thumb.png.63a443c8b158f68ea6b3536e0805cc81.png

This is a beautiful and interesting view too, maybe the airfield from a distance?  Some changes to the campfire too, or maybe another type of campfire.

image.thumb.png.ec157640987906d0d1dd6657d671fcfd.png

I don't think I could feel more hyped.  Dec. 5th can't come too fast!

😍

• Upvote 2

You brought some grown ups to tears... We just watched and discussed every single bit and byte in the Twitch stream of Longdark4ever. Call this feeling excitement is an understatement. We feel loved, guys! And hopefully you all by Hinterland felt the love over the years from your supporter and players from the Twitch community. Go on and we'll always follow your lead. 

Thanks so much!

Pam

P.S. I'm a console player... Xbox and Switch. Please.... Don't forget us! 🥺

• Upvote 3
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Pam Lange said:

You brought some grown ups to tears... We just watched and discussed every single bit and byte in the Twitch stream of Longdark4ever. Call this feeling excitement is an understatement. We feel loved, guys! And hopefully you all by Hinterland felt the love over the years from your supporter and players from the Twitch community. Go on and we'll always follow your lead. 

Thanks so much!

Pam

P.S. I'm a console player... Xbox and Switch. Please.... Don't forget us! 🥺

We certainly won't forget you! We will share more information on pre-order and release for console as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience! 

• Upvote 1

Why don't they put things like that on their own forums? It feels like second class

But looking forward to this. I always found their videos too short tbh^^ I wouldn't hurt to have the video 1-2 days prior to the release, to think about the updates and plan your run. Anyway, hoping for some 10-15 minutes of video 🤤

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I am excited about the new update, thanks for the hard work you put into this lovely game. 

Just one small wish: would it be possible for you to share updates / new content in a short, high level text description as well? Nothing against the videos - I bet they are super well made, but I had to click away as soon as I noticed that it would be a big spoilerfest, and I really don't want to explore TLD thinking "ah, here is what they showed in the video, looks familiar."  It would be awesome to have a rough idea what is in a new update while still being able to explore yourself. 

Edited to add: maybe that already exists - I would appreciate if somebody could point me to it. Thanks

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 5:27 AM, melcantspell said:

I am excited about the new update, thanks for the hard work you put into this lovely game. 

Just one small wish: would it be possible for you to share updates / new content in a short, high level text description as well? Nothing against the videos - I bet they are super well made, but I had to click away as soon as I noticed that it would be a big spoilerfest, and I really don't want to explore TLD thinking "ah, here is what they showed in the video, looks familiar."  It would be awesome to have a rough idea what is in a new update while still being able to explore yourself. 

Edited to add: maybe that already exists - I would appreciate if somebody could point me to it. Thanks

Thank you for reaching out! There are a couple of options that might suit your needs. 

We recently updated the Expansion Pass website to make it easier to find information on each Part. While you still have the option to watch the Update Video, there is also a quick summary of new items/content for each Part that should make it easy to review at a glance without spoiling too much of the gameplay. You can find that information here: https://www.thelongdark.com/expansion/
(As a bonus, there's also a new Build Status page that lets you check your current version and what is available on your platform: https://www.thelongdark.com/status/ ) 

Additionally, we post Release Notes with each release, though these do contain quite a bit of information. Here's the latest set of notes: 

We hope this helps, but please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything else! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Admin said:

We recently updated the Expansion Pass website to make it easier to find information on each Part.

Great. That's soo much more helpful than before :)

What I noticed is that the wildlife refresh is listed as being in Part 1, but in the roadmap it's not marked as released. I think the latter is correct. Wildlife looks the same as before. What's in Part is the player spawn point refresh.

Edited by Serenity