Killed by Aurora

wendelllm

I really don't mean to be rude or overly specific here but from my perspective the aurora did not kill you ... your lack of supplies killed you. Sometimes we gamble and loose and you lost this time because you gambled that you wouldn't need as much supplies between auroras. While the conditions of the lose are more complex I think of it in the same respect as walking around without a flare gun. If I walk around in bear territory and get mauled by a bear I couldn't shake then I think that is expected. This situation is no more surprising to me and no more random than any other element of the experience. 

• Upvote 1

This is the reason why I never travel without my sleeping bag. One of my stupidest deaths was I climbed down the ravine basin (before Bleak Inlet) without sleeping bag and without knowing I can sleep in the car. I panicked and fell 3 times in attempt to climb.

On the other hand I learned from this. Now I know, one can sleep in a car. Plus I learned how to use a ledge. I avoided climbing for the exhaustion reason before that. Now I know it can be fun with proper planning.

Don't throw your game until you have 0% health.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, acada said:

This is the reason why I never travel without my sleeping bag. One of my stupidest deaths was I climbed down the ravine basin (before Bleak Inlet) without sleeping bag and without knowing I can sleep in the car. I panicked and fell 3 times in attempt to climb.

Yeah I've done that too. But I'm thinking @wendelllm has got the cabin flu. 

Sleeping bag might not be enough. 
If you are caught in the mine for a few days, you might develop cabin fever (depending on what level you play at).

I had to wait more than 50 days for an aurora to show up so that I could get into the mine (custom Interloper, low aurora setting). I knew I had a low chance of survival if caught inside, so I rushed through before the aurora ended. 

-t

Em 16/01/2020 a 13:35, manolitode disse:

Você tem café? Como @ ajb1978 escreveu em algum lugar que você pode ser esgotado por 1 hora antes de seu hp começar a drenar e beber 1/4 xícara irá reiniciar o temporizador.

there was coffee, yes, but it has already run out due to the amount of days I am in prison.

Edited by wendelllm

On 16/01/2020 at 14:41, Tactical Ex said:

Eu realmente não quero ser rude ou muito específico aqui, mas na minha perspectiva a aurora não matá-lo ... sua falta de suprimentos matou você. Às vezes a gente jogar e solta e você perdeu desta vez, porque você apostou que você não precisa de tanto entregas entre auroras. Enquanto as condições da lose são mais complexas penso nisso no mesmo respeito que andando sem uma arma de fogo. Se eu andar em território urso e se atacado por um urso que eu não poderia agitar então eu acho que é esperado. Esta situação não é mais surpreendente para mim e não mais aleatória do que qualquer outro elemento da experiência. 

I knew I needed Aurora to enter the mine, I was prepared, I had about 6 kg of meat, pot and firearms, firewood, sleeping bag ... everything. The problem is not this, but the random time for the appearance of Aurora again. I still have wood and boiling water to drink as the days go by. It was not a planning error.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, wendelllm said:

I knew I needed Aurora to enter the mine, I was prepared, I had about 6 kg of meat, pot and firearms, firewood, sleeping bag ... everything. The problem is not this, but the random time for the appearance of Aurora again. I still have wood and boiling water to drink as the days go by. It was not a planning error.

Thanks for sharing that, I'll keep in mind to bring twice as much food when I go down there. Haven't done it yet cause CH is usually endgame for me and I don't want to lose my survivor in - as you say - the "dungeon" down there.

2 hours ago, odizzido said:

I don’t understand then. How have you been killed by the aurora? I must not know something. 

"Killed" was just an irony, I didn't die, I just died of boredom. I already gave up, I had 180 days to survive. I chose to start a new journey, this situation was really frustrating and boring. I think they could program the game to appear Aurora more often while we are inside the mine.

And I'm sorry to everyone for my English, I'm not fluent and I'm using Google Translate. I wanted to share this case to alert everyone and, who knows, as I suggested above, that the developers mitigate this Aurora issue while we are inside the coal mine with an elevator.

• 2 weeks later...

That mine shaft is a trap. The risk/reward ratio is not high enough. There's a few items in the lower part, and some mushrooms & rosehips out front, but other than that I don't see the point in risking it by taking that elevator. 

Maybe one day they will link that elevator ride to something worthwhile. Until then, I wouldn't bother.

12 minutes ago, turtle777 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Cave at Mystic River Picnic Area

-t

Yeah there's a waterfall in that cave but it was phrased as a "waterfall cave in a cave", technically that's the same one cave. There aren't 2 loading screens. But okay then, semantics 😛