Four Days of Night 2019

Admin

On 10/29/2019 at 11:15 PM, DarkTreader said:

I think I remember them saying that indoor locations will be locked at -20C, so... I'd guess that if your base temp is higher than +20, you may not even need to make a fire.

We'll find out in 2 days! :D

Worked as planned.
Boooring, real-time connection isn't the best idea, better to set more ingame goals.
Anyway, the concept and art is nice, thanks devs!

5 hours ago, chuckie said:

Worked as planned.
Boooring, real-time connection isn't the best idea, better to set more ingame goals.
Anyway, the concept and art is nice, thanks devs!

It wasn't the worst idea, but the problem is that a goal based on real hours heavily discourages activity and doing things in game. It's more of a Hibernation Simulator, assuming you got a lot of things done on Day 1.

But I'm not complaining. Day 2 was more than exciting enough for me, and I like the idea of Day 3 being a perpetual reminder that you are NOT as badass as you think you are. Excellent reminder for a survivalist mindset. Lovely event, I hope the Hinterland team continues to celebrate great content with its community.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Day 4:

Have apparently collected enough clothing that staying inside is not an issue. Hooray, another lazy day!

This being my first 4DON, I wanted to experience how bad this blizzard is supposed to be. Turns out, it slowly ramps up the longer you stay outside until it reaches its maximum.

How bad does it get, you ask?

20191031104106_1.thumb.jpg.5217ed425dfe42cad9f64994bbe5526e.jpg

Pretty damned cold. This was when I attempted to polar bear around outside (i.e. wearing no clothes). I've never seen my temp gauge go from ~90% to 0 in a matter of seconds before... that was.... fun?

This is not recommended for a long life.

So I'm now back inside my nice, warm Quonset hut, cooking Wolf and waiting it out. :)

Edit: For those of us who can't necessarily do metric to imperial conversions in your head... that's -81 degrees Fahrenheit. That's 'frostbite on exposed skin in seconds' kind of cold. Yeesh. Do not want. Fire good.

Edited by DarkTreader
Added temp conversion.

52 minutes ago, bobbie_rea_beyer said:

The post says that on day 4 as long as you are near a fire, you will be warm, but I am consistently losing temperature and getting hypothermia risk while parked right next to a fire. Help!

Put some more wood into the fire maybe? Each reclaimed wood gives +3°C

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Put some more wood into the fire maybe? Each reclaimed wood gives +3°C

@atomicYeah, that does work but I am at a point where I have to put in like five hours worth of hardwood just to be able to be warm *inside* my sleeping bag in a leeward spot. It just seems like either something was drastically misworded, or there is a bug. I am not super fussed about it, but I am curious. And freezing xD

That was so much fun! This was my first 4DON challenge and I really enjoyed it. :) Got both badges, a pumpkin pie, and all but one cache. I think I saw that PV would have 3 but I only found two. I went through all 4 regions and spent most of my time outside, even during the blizzard. I just get too bored staying inside for too long. LoL  But I have to say, exploration was nicely rewarded! Thanks to everyone at Hinterland for giving us this fun challenge!

Edited by FluffyComeHome
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FluffyComeHome said:

That was so much fun! This was my first 4DON challenge and I really enjoyed it. :) Got both badges, a pumpkin pie, and all but one cache. I think I saw that PV would have 3 but I only found two. I went through all 4 regions and spent most of my time outside, even during the blizzard. I just get too bored staying inside for too long. LoL  But I have to say, exploration was nicely rewarded! Thanks to everyone at Hinterland for giving us this fun challenge!

Grats, friend!

I haven't gotten the second badge yet, and now I'm genuinely confused. Did I miss a day or something? I don't think so, I literally held out for +4 hours on Day 1 and 2, then beat the clock for Day 3. What's going on?

Did you play today?

Day 1 was quiet. Spawn in CH. No wolves or blizzards.

Day 2 was wolves. No blizzards and no Aurora

Day 3 was wolves with Aurora

Day 4 was no wolves but constant blizzard.

Not sure where you are, but here in North America it is day 4 going.

Oh...and you need to play two hours each day. You get Badge one after playing two hours on day 1 and two hours on day 2.

You get the second badge after playing two hours on day 3 and two hours on day .

Good Luck and I hope you find it!!

Edited by FluffyComeHome
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I definitely played today. And I could see the "Day Complete" symbol yesterday and today. So I don't know what's going on anymore.

And Day Complete has to change the save file, because even on a new file the 4DON quest is marked Day Complete. I'm puzzled.

So you should still be ok! You need to play today. The day after the aurora wolves is the blizzard. That is day 4. Again, not sure where you are but it may not have started for you yet. Resume your game and look in that mission badge (next to where you look at back pack. It should tell you want day you are on.

Edited by FluffyComeHome