Four Days of Night 2019

Admin

Four Days of Night 2019

Hello all -- welcome to this year's Four Days of Night (4DON) event, starting on Sunday at 11PM Pacific. Anyone who participated in the event last year will find this year's feels familiar -- we just didn't have time to produce anything new due to shipping Episode Three.

We hope you still enjoy it, the same event with updated Badges. All the info you need should be below, but if you run into any issues please contact us using our
Support Portal and we'll do our best to help you out.

882059811_screen_(13941)_973573c3-2eac-4a3b-b3cf-9fdb1be8bdfa.thumb.png.ff827fd8b322999a26b2524f2a1695b6.png

Day Structure

We split gameplay over 4 distinct days, play is limited to a sub-set of regions (ML, CH, PV, MT).

Day 1 - Quiet

• Players all start in CH.
  • No wildlife at all - all wildlife spawns suppressed, no crows and fishing will always fail.
  • Each 4DON region has 2 supply caches (3 for PV), marked by pumpkins. These persist for the entire 4DON event.
  • Each region has occasional trick or treat bowls, these persist across the entire event. 
  • No aurora.

Day 2 - Wolves

• No aurora.
  • Each region has more than usual number of wolf spawns.
  • Other wildlife remains suppressed. 

Day 3 - Aurora

• Aurora is on.
  • All wolves are aurora wolves, same numbers as previous day.
  • Flashlights have 3x battery life and are 2x more effective on "high beam" setting at deterring wolves.

Day 4 - Blizzard

• Day long blizzard.
  • No aurora.
  • No wolves.
  • Cold increase rates are 3x faster than normal any time you aren't near a fire (even inside).
  • You're warm as long as you're close to a fire.
  • All interiors are fixed at baseline -20C so being inside isn't any guarantee you won't freeze to death.
  • Pumpkin pies appear - these offer calories and warmth boost.

Notes:

• A new game always starts you at the same location in CH.
  • Clothing and most other supplies maintain a normal level of frequency.
  • We limit some high value items to only be available at the caches e.g. rifles, flashlights.
  • We exclude all food except candy bars (which during 4DON have increased calories.)

Win Conditions / Rewards

• Twilight Badge - 2 days badge1.png.5468049e20d180e1f2e3eb60beceee20.png - Badge awarded for successfully surviving the 2hrs hours (realtime) on any two days.
  • Midnight Badge - 4 days badge2.png.ac280b53779dc2d9b9dedce3216fb7f9.png - Badge awarded for successfully surviving the 2hrs hours (realtime) on all four days.
  • The hours survived needs to be within a single game for that day.
  • However the badges awarded can use completed days across multiple games.

Death / Restore

• If a player dies when they start a new game they'll reset everything they'd achieved for that day, but previous days progress (i.e. if they won/completed that day would not be lost)
  • For days following day 1, if you start a new game we have a small grace period with no wolves. All other day effects would remain.
  • Like 4

I like the color scheme you went with this year!
I can hardly wait to experience the event again this year.  Thanks so much for this, I know things must have been really busy for you these last few months with everything going on.  I know some complain no mater what... but I think your commitment to your players and your presence with the community is always above and beyond what you generally find elsewhere in the industry. 

:coffee::fire::coffee:
You folks at Hinterland are greatly appreciated.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 4

10 PM PST that would be 4 AM GMT, that would be sheer horror to play at that ungodly hour for us in Europe ! lol Looking forward to it stil but a couple of hours later.

Edit: on Facebook it says 10 AM PT, which is the correct time please ?

Edited by Skywatcher
  • Like 2

Might be a little late but could we get something that shows up on screen when the day is complete. Instead of starting a timer. I did three of the days last year but didn’t get the badge I don’t know if it just didn’t want to give it to me or I didn’t play long enough.

30 minutes ago, Tbone555 said:

So is desolation point closed off for 4don or was the transition moved elsewhere?

Read the text at the top of the page. They tell you what regions we have to play in for 4DoN, there are only 4 of them.

It's literally the first sentence under the big splash screen image...

• Like 1

Hi All,

this is the first time I make the 4DON challenge. One thing I noticed immediately, that the surrounding is not entirely quiet. I hear owls and other birds, that cannot be seen or hunted in the game anyway. But it's a new experience for me, all in all.