Four Days of Night 2019

Admin

Well, this event turned out to be quite boring to me. During the first day got clothing +25C just in CH so now I can just sit anywhere for 6 hrs to pass. With enormous 2500 cal candies there is no reason to move to other locations. No struggling left that I got used to in Interloper.

6 minutes ago, GothSkunk said:

You could, yes.

But, do you have enough to survive the super-blizzard on Day 4?

Even indoor locations are going to be freezing cold.

I think I remember them saying that indoor locations will be locked at -20C, so... I'd guess that if your base temp is higher than +20, you may not even need to make a fire.

We'll find out in 2 days! :D

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, DarkTreader said:

I think I remember them saying that indoor locations will be locked at -20C, so... I'd guess that if your base temp is higher than +20, you may not even need to make a fire.

oh my godness i hoarted tons of coal(30) and kilotons of cedar

1 hour ago, DarkTreader said:

It's a repeat of last year's so yes if your feels like is +20C or higher, you could hypothetically just stand around and do nothing.  But where's the fun in that?  There's pumpkin pies to be found!

The hours survived needs to be within a single game for that day.

...does this mean within a single character or within a single uninterrupted 2 hour playing session?

I had saved my game earlier today and resumed it, then completed the 2hour-challenge. Yesterday also completed the 2hour-challenge. All with the same character. It did not trigger the first badge. Why?

Edited by StandardFare

Guest kristaok

@StandardFare You have to play at least 2 hours (real life / real time) on a save file, you can check the time by pressing TAB while you play. You can take breaks in between as long as you make sure to save by sleeping or entering a building, but since this is a timed event as you only have 4 real life days to get the badges you may not want to take too long of a break. 

You said you completed yesterdays and todays challenge, did you make sure to check the time to see if you really played for the full 2 hours? Again the 2 hours is not in game time, but real life time. 

Goodluck!

3 hours ago, kristaok said:

@StandardFare You have to play at least 2 hours (real life / real time) on a save file, you can check the time by pressing TAB while you play. You can take breaks in between as long as you make sure to save by sleeping or entering a building, but since this is a timed event as you only have 4 real life days to get the badges you may not want to take too long of a break. 

You said you completed yesterdays and todays challenge, did you make sure to check the time to see if you really played for the full 2 hours? Again the 2 hours is not in game time, but real life time. 

Goodluck!

Thanks! Yes, I regularly checked in-game with TAB during day 1 and day 2 then TIME REMAINING of each challenge and there it then saidI had COMPLETED the 2hour-Challenge. Both days! Badge was not activated" Perhaps a bug, quite dissapointing because I invested over 2 hours on monday and over 2 hours on tuesday evening after work in order to get the badge. Can this be fixed?

Just now, StandardFare said:

Thanks! Yes, I regularly checked in-game with TAB during day 1 and day 2 then TIME REMAINING of each challenge and there it then saidI had COMPLETED the 2hour-Challenge. Both days! Badge was not activated" Perhaps a bug, quite dissapointing because I invested over 2 hours on monday and over 2 hours on tuesday evening after work in order to get the badge. Can this be fixed?

The badge only appears ingame.  This is not an achievement.  Look for it under challenges in the main menu.

Each "day" there will be an entry on your journal page ("J" key).  It only appears that day.  It has to get checked off to register completion.

Unfortunately your previous days progress gets wiped from the journal at the start of each new day.  The only way to check if a past day was not completed is to roll back the calendar (which you can do via your system clock).

Edited by selfless

7 hours ago, kristaok said:

I'll be standing around doing nothing unfortunately since I have no protection (weapons). :/

Last year I found a rifle and lots of bullets. But not enough power to take down five aurora wolves in a chain attack without a light nearby. That was the end of my 2018 run, because I didn't know you could continue with a new life.

This year, I found no caches and had to make my own bow (only two arrows, one of which was lost in a wolf). But I got enough pelts for a jacket and lots of very warm clothes. Looks like I'll make it all the way to the end this time. Can't wait to see how it goes.

13 hours ago, kristaok said:

I'll be standing around doing nothing unfortunately since I have no protection (weapons). :/

I am in the same boat. There were a few flare guns along the trail, but I never have much luck with them. Day four I believe is wolf free. Just the bitter cold and wind to worry about, so it will be possible to go in search of pie! 😊

Edited by K63

14 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

It's a repeat of last year's so yes if your feels like is +20C or higher, you could hypothetically just stand around and do nothing.  But where's the fun in that?  There's pumpkin pies to be found!

That's what I'm saying, where's the fun? Through the years game teaches me to not take unnecessary risk. But the world isn't trying to kill me anymore! Got to kill wolves with hatchet for fun! 😄

Guest kristaok
1 hour ago, K63 said:

I am in the same boat. There were a few flare guns along the trail, but I never have much luck with them. Day four I believe is wolf free. Just the bitter cold and wind to worry about, so it will be possible to go in search of pie! 😊

I hope there are no wolves lol 

39 minutes ago, Nactue said:

So, day 3 and i die due to a wolf entering the hunter stand I was in (which brought me to half health) and then another wolf attacking me with a lit torch as I was leaving.  Is it just Aurora wolves that can do this ?

Not aurora, that happens sometimes. Somehow you broke the scenario where wolf should be scared of torch. Appear in front of it too close or else.

17 minutes ago, Pedromoreira said:

Bring the opening song back please

Please don't. The new song and opening screen is epic. You can always find the old intro on Youtube...and then there's Time Capsule if you really want to go back in time.