Think you're good at TLD? Try the DEADMAN CHALLENGE

JAFO

14 hours ago, Stone said:

The guantlet has been thrown. Umm.. how exactly do you 'prove' you done this?

I've thought about this, and while I would like to accept a series of screenshots, it seems just too easy to fake. It would have to run on the honor system. True proof would require a video in some form, which does limit the number of people able to prove the win, but I don't really have another option.

I love a good challenge...going to give this a go.

edit------------

Wow okay so I thought not being able to step over sticks was annoying before but on these settings when everything counts it's becomes incredibly frustrating. I just died because I couldn't walk over a branch. There should be a mod where instead of stepping sounds we make wheel sounds so at least it can make sense.

Edited by odizzido
  • Like 1

On 9/8/2018 at 3:51 PM, Kinnasmash said:

I've thought about this, and while I would like to accept a series of screenshots, it seems just too easy to fake. It would have to run on the honor system. True proof would require a video in some form, which does limit the number of people able to prove the win, but I don't really have another option.

Would be nice if there was a way to determine whether the save file was tampered with through a mod or hack. This is stretching it to the largest level.

In addition, it would be nicer if Hinterland included the share code in one of the menu views during custom play.

Small community. We can assume most would be honest - but you never know. I like the write-up idea, but also keep in mind this is all in good fun. You know you are a winner if you are one.

Edited by Guest

Well, after about 30 deaths in rapid succession, I figured out how to get the flare gun and it made my run remarkably easier. I have had the most excellent run of luck, having just found my third stim injection. Alas, unless I can find another deer to run into a wolf, or my cooking finally reaches level 5, I fear I may be about to die. I need to get some sleep. however...

5b975c48e3696_ScreenShot2018-09-11at2_08_29AM.thumb.png.51c66a7c6939b91bb852444c2bd310de.png

It will be most cruel to trip at the finish line.  Honestly, I have never micromanaged so hard before in my life, The weekend has been pure grueling grind.  I still have a stim left. I just found coffee. I had a metric ton of water in the form of tea, I'd been saving that for a rainy day. Alas, that rain has become biblical. I'm gonna take a break and think about the next course of action. It has occurred to me, the river behind the dam was underharvested for potential cattails. I do have three flares left. And a metric ton of reishi tea in .01 form. You know... I could just murder those wolves behind the dam, eat them, and say, "Screw the intestinal parasites. I only have to make it a day and 7 hours.

I dunno. Need a break. This is giving me a migraine.

• Like 1

Chemicalie reports getting to day 30..

"I started in twm was awesome getting by had level 5 cooking on day 8 and got the flaregun pretty late killed a bear near fishing camp and chilled there went fishing besides all that bear meat"

He's now debating starting a fresh run, or shooting for 50 days.

Edited by JAFO

8 hours ago, JAFO said:

Please do give us a more detailed write-up on how you've managed it.. tactics, techniques, tips.. others would love to know..

Tips:

THERE IS NO TOMORROW. There is no "saving for a rainy day" because this run is a non-stop monsoon. There is no time. There is only right now. Use EVERYTHING as soon as you get it and as soon as it gives you the slightest advantage. Burn through your resources and KEEP MOVING. Always do SOMETHING. Micromanage every moment and maximize every advantage. You are a dead man walking. You are going to die. It is only a question of when.

1. Most Important: Do everything you can to avoid condition loss, at all costs. Sleeping doesn't heal you. Herbal tea doesn't work. Only Stims will heal you 15%, and then you need to sleep immediately after using it, or you'll suffer condition loss. Healing is next to impossible. NEVER DO ANYTHING TO RISK LOSING ANY CONDITION UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO.

2. Oil/lighter fluid is a top priority. The ability to make a fire instantly is key, because in this run, it's speed, speed, speed.

3. Eat almost everything as soon as you find it. Save food that might give you food poisoning for when you are about to sleep.

4. Cabin Fever isn't a thing on this run, because that's the result of custom settings. Ignore it.

5. While my best run is badges +2 degrees, improved stamina recovery, I'm thinking I should have switched out the +2 degrees for reduced caloric consumption. The reduced calories on sprinting is so situationally specific, that it's not worth it. The +2 degrees helps in the initial 1-3 days, but very quickly fell behind in long term usefulness. The fact I'm scrambling for calories, I should have taken the -10% consumption.

6. I did abuse the Double Boiler exploit like a red-headed stepchild. Honestly, without using the ability to multiply the number of cooking surfaces on a fire as well as making use of the fact that fires burn longer in "outdoor" locations, I couldn't have made enough water to keep up with the demand. I estimate you need 3 liters a day.

7. Sleep constantly. This is the biggest change in strategy. Normally you "save up" your exhaustion, using it as a resource. In the deadman challenge, sleep is to be done at every chance you get. The difference of 75/hour sleeping vs 125/hour passing time is huge. And since red eye causes you to loose condition, constantly sleeping at every opportunity is just sound advice. Never sleep more then 6 hours.

8. Food poisoning is your friend, if you have 800 calories and antibiotics and a place to sleep immediately upon gaining it. Collect Reishi mushrooms and drink them to .01 weigh, saving them for food poisoning. Eat food that is risky when you are well hydrated and have enough calories for a 10 hour nap. If you get food poisoning, be prepared to immediately take antibiotics or reishi tea and sleep 10 hours. You won't heal during this time period, but you will sleep at reduced calories.

9. If you have enough water and antibiotics, you don't need to cook your food. 800 calories on venison is enough to sleep the 10 hours of illness, which you can do even if you are fully rested. Use this to aim for waking up in the afternoon when its at it's warmest. HOWEVER, don't eat predator meat unless you are swimming in antibiotics and close to the end of your run. If you are doing this trick, make sure you have enough "room" to eat the raw meat, and make sure you don't escape out. Eat it all in one shot. You can get MULTIPLE cases of food poisoning, each one needing it's own antibiotics, although sleeping clears up all cases of food poisoning that you have at the same time, assuming you took the antibiotics you needed to treat it.

10. Cloth and sticks make snow shelters. The problem is, you need that wood to make fires. It's a toss up, but if you are making one, make it during the day when it's warmest, and limit use of them to during the first week. Very quickly they become death traps during a blizzard as the world temp plummets. Don't bother harvesting.

11. Take advantage of cooking 1 while you have it. If you start melting water, you can immediately sleep 1 hour and when you wake up, you should have 6 minutes before the water boils away. Once you get to cooking 2, you no longer can do this trick. Hopefully you will find cooking pots. With a cooking pot making 2 liters, you can sleep 2 hours and the extended "boiling off" period of the pot will give you the time you need to grab the water as soon as you wake up.

12. I'm not sure if you should power level your cooking or not, I err on the side of you should as soon as you have 2 cooking pots. If you harvest an animal, and you can do it, you should quarter it and get the meat inside where you can take your time. This goes double for rabbits. It is possible to, by harvesting and escaping out, to set harvesting meat on a carcass to .1 kg. As you harvest, watch where the progress circle is as you escape. If you don't see .1 kg harvested appear when you quit, you quit before you could harvest the minimum amount of .05 kg. Each time it's different, but if you time it right, you can find that sweet spot and harvest exactly 0.05 kg of meat. This doesn't help with your harvesting skill, since that advances based on time, but it will help your cooking skill. Cooking the meat in .05kg chunks gives you more skill points then just cooking it in 1kg chunks.

13. Trying to make a bow is pointless, unless you are trying for past 30 days.

14. If conditions allow, harvest dead predators, not to eat, but for the harvesting skill points. If you can carve one up into 0.05 kg chunks, and you have the time, cook the bits, but don't eat, until you get cooking 5, or you are out of options. At best it can buy you another day or two.

15. Don't eat cooked meat under 80% until cooking 5, or you are ready for food poisoning. if the meat you harvest is under 30%, don't harvest it in 0.05kg chunks, but in 1kg chunks, or not at all. Then cook and eat immediately. I made meat that was at 78% condition in 0.05kg chunks after being cooked and ate them right off the fire. Alas, I got food poisoning because each time I ate every little bit, I had a chance of food poisoning. So if the final product isn't 80% after cooking, cook it on 1kg chunks to minimize unplanned food poisoning.

16. Fishing with antibiotics is a toss-up. On the one hand, the single greatest chunk of raw meat calories comes in fish form. On the other hand, the oil from cooked fish is life or death. It depends on how screwed you are and how many matches/how much fuel you got. Everything is a risk. I'd normally cook the fish for the oil.

17. If you are idle by a fire, take a torch and start a fire using tinder and sticks. Boiling water? Start a second fire. Yes, 60% chance of success, but you need to get Fire starting skill 2 ASAP. Why? Because if you have the interloper loot tables, you know where to find a firestarter. If you have a fire starter, fire building skill 2, and a book, you have a 100% chance of starting a fire without accelerant. No matter what it costs you, except for practice fires to level up your fire building skill, every fire you start should be at 100% chance of success.

18. If you don't find a firestarter early on, you're dead. If it doesn't have at least 60% condition, you might want to consider a restart, because you are going to be using it at least once a day and 60% gives you 30 fires. Yes, it's that important to get one.

19. If you are starting a fire, NEVER do it with a torch unless you are in a safe location and in favorable weather conditions. You cannot waste the time. If you aren't at risk of hypothermia or whatever you are cooking from the fire isn't needed immediately to fend off dehydration or Hunger, THEN you can use a torch. But when in doubt, use books, accelerant, and fire starters to maximize the chance of making a fire and the speed at which the fire starts EVERY TIME.

20. If you have a fire burning, use it. Make water (sleeping as it boils), cook food. Cook everything you can cook. If you aren't using it, and don't need it to sleep, take a torch, then take another, letting the one in your hand fall to the ground. Repeat. Every torch reduces the fire time by 10 minutes. Let the torches burn out on the floor. Repeat until the fire goes out. Pick them up later and harvest them for sticks. Even if you are leaving, never to return and you don't have time to wait for them to burn out, take a burning torch with you for the extra warmth and leave the extras on the floor. If you are pulling torches with 40% condition or better,  put at least 3 out and keep them, just in case. You can chain the torches as you go along.

20a. I forgot... If you find a cup of coffee or a cup of herbal tea, WARM IT BY THE NEXT FIRE YOU MAKE. Don't cook it on the burners, just place it next to it. Since that Cup of Coffee/herbal tea spawned and you did not brew it, if you heat it up by a fire, you will gain a point towards leveling up your cooking skill when you pick it up. DO NOT LET A SINGLE SKILL POINT GO TO WASTE. Except for skill books that level your rifle firearm skill.  Those books are just mocking you, since there are no rifles in the Deadman Challenge. Burn them like an SJW burns books that offend them.

21. Try to wait until you have a can opener to eat from cans, so you get the extra cans to boil water with, but it's not a priority. What IS a priority is cooking said canned food. Remember that canned food can be heated without risk of burning simply by placing it NEXT to a fire. This frees up the cooking surfaces for something else. it isn't just the calories, it's the cooking skill points you earn heating your food.

22. Brewable drinks are a must. 0.10 kg weight that gives you 100+ calories and .33 worth of water. The most compact form of liquid you can have. When you are traveling any long distance, heat one up by a fire and drink it. Herbal tea is useless for healing, but it's still compact liquid and calories and can be heated to give you a temporary warmth bonus. Every cup of tea/coffee is that much closer to your next level in cooking skill. If you are going to be traveling any distance (i.e., not just stepping outside to grab a few sticks), drink heated tea. If it's Reishi or Rose hip, only drink .09kg of the liquid and save the .01kg for later, because that last .01kg is what triggers the Antibiotic properties or the pain killer properties. Save coffee for climbing or long distance runs.

23. Climbing. If it's a short rope, like in the ice caves, or the one in the Hydro Dam, it's not a big deal. All other ropes, going down is fine. Avoid climbing up like the plague. There are some places you have to climb up, prepare. Before climbing drop all extra water, eat all food you can eat, ditch all the wood you can. Only climb up when you are as light as possible. Sleep right before you climb. Make a fire at the base for at least one hour. Heat coffee by the fire (not on cooking surface), sleep as much as you can safely, depending on weather conditions, drink coffee, climb. Recover stamina on ledges when possible. Do not sleep, as this will cost you the coffee's benefits. If you do not have coffee, or even a warm drink, then it is safe to grab a 1 hour nap on a ledge, assuming the conditions are favorable. If you are getting to the top ready to collapse, you are at risk of losing condition, and you can NEVER get it back.

23. Medication: Use up pills first, save .01kg cups of Reishi and Rose Hips for last, since it weighs less. Ditch all bottles of disinfectant. You need at most 1 prepared old man beard and 1 bandage. In fact, since a single wolf encounter is bound to end your run, you might want to skip having it at all. Until you get the hammer so you can end a wolf struggle in a minimum amount of time, don't even carry any disinfectant or bandages. Yes, it's a risk, but the extra weight isn't worth it, unless you have a hammer. If you are ill, take antibiotic immediately.

24. The Flare Gun at the bottom of Ravine map comes with a Stim at the same location. Getting both is paramount to survival. In fact, this is your first priority. If you can't get these, you are screwed. I started in Mountain Town, spawned at the original crash site, made my way to Grey mothers, looted the town for supplies, went back up to the pond above Grey mothers, got all the cattails. I had gotten lucky and found a crowbar. Mountain goat down to the logging area. Made it to Orca X. Found a bedroll at the Park office. Made it to trappers. Went directly to Camp office. climbed up to overlook. Took the rope at over look. Went to Hydro Dam via the overhead route. Got my supplies at the Hydro Dam all set up. Found coffee there. Made my run on ravine. I set up a base camp at the first cave and deployed the rope, then returned to Hydro for more wood and water. Then returned to the first cave, drank coffee. Climbed down to the first ledge. Dropped off enough wood for a 3 hour fire, then made my way to the bottom. Grabbed the flare gun and flares. Found the stim. Went to the ravine basin cave. Looted the cattails and supplies. Harvested the Deer and the bunnies. Rested in the cave. Waited for favorable conditions. Stopped at the base of the rope to make a fire so I could heat another coffee and sleep. Ate everything I could, ditched the extra sticks and crap I had (kept the coal) then made it up to the second ledge. I was fortunate not to need the wood I left there. Rested, climbed up the rest of the way, ran for the cave.

25. Getting food is paramount. Since I recommend avoiding the risk of making a bow, you are stuck with using the flare gun to take down critters, or chasing a deer into a wolf and scaring a wolf off. If I saw a deer, I was drawing aggro on the wolf (another reason to keep your weight to a minimum) and luring him to the deer, or I was chasing deer into the wolves. Trying to scare off the wolf with a thrown lit torch is an art form, and one I have not mastered. I just get as close as possible, then start a fire to scare him off. I would say 50% of my calories were from deer. The rest were from cattails or rabbits. If you are near trappers, 3 snares next to the cabin are good, and there is a second rabbit run near the bear's cave. You can, if you are lucky, get up to 6 rabbits at a time. Three next to the trappers, and three by the bear's cave. This proved to be too much work, and I merely focused on snares next to trappers, while luring wolves to the three deer that spawned there.

26. Travel in the late afternoon when possible, but it is far more important to travel when the wind dies down then it is to travel when it is warm. Yes, traveling at -36 on a windless morning is tough, but you can stop and start a fire to warm up. I don't care if it's only -5, if it's too windy to start a fire in an emergency, you had better know your route like the back of your hand. Windy days turn into blizzards at the drop of a hat and getting lost in a blizzard will end a run in a matter of minutes. Better to get food poisoning, eat some antibiotics, and sleep the day away, then get stuck in a blizzard. Remember that weather unperdictability is maxed out, so oddly enough, this helps you. Blizzards don't last for days, usually only hours. You can wait it out.... usually.

Last Tip: Cut your losses.

Sorry, but as I said else where, I died about 30 times before I got a good run going. If you want to struggle, just to struggle, I got it. If you want to get to that 30 day run on deadman, you need to know when you are screwed and need to start over. I had a PERFECT start. I found a bedroll and firestarter very early on. I got lucky next to trappers and had 3 deer and 2 rabbits. I got what I needed, let the guts cure, then made a sweep of the map to wind up back there to make snares and find more deer spawning at the unnamed pond. The fact is, I had nothing but good fortune. Everything landed perfectly, and despite finding matches at the Spawn Site where I started the run, despite the luckiest clothing drop I've seen on any loper run I ever had, despite making fires at the drop of a hat and abusing the HELL out of the double boiler bug to make sure I was swimming in water, despite min/maxing EVERYTHING to the utmost in a display of pure power gaming...

Nay, in a display of my power as the Kwisatz Munchkinrach

I still had to use two stims for the +30% heal bonus to achieve the heights of 52% condition on day 28.

And I have doubts I'll make it to day 30.

Edited by TheEldritchGod
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, TheEldritchGod said:
12 hours ago, JAFO said:

Please do give us a more detailed write-up on how you've managed it.. tactics, techniques, tips.. others would love to know..

Tips:

This is completely brilliant. Insanely brilliant. Brilliantly insane.

Being honest, reading this has completely ended any interest I had in playing Deadman (I did try it out, and if I persisted with it I reckon I could get to a week or so). In a way it's a relief - I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to play The Long Dark in this way, and your strategy advice utterly confirms that my continuing would therefore be pointless. But I'm in awe of the lengths you've gone to to find and exploit (and share) the limits of TLD Science. I salute you!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pillock said:

This is completely brilliant. Insanely brilliant. Brilliantly insane.

Being honest, reading this has completely ended any interest I had in playing Deadman (I did try it out, and if I persisted with it I reckon I could get to a week or so). In a way it's a relief - I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to play The Long Dark in this way, and your strategy advice utterly confirms that my continuing would therefore be pointless. But I'm in awe of the lengths you've gone to to find and exploit (and share) the limits of TLD Science. I salute you!

I'm going to be honest, if I figure out how to make it the last 31 hours, I'm just leaving that run saved and not looking back. It was a grind. Interesting to actually put everything to the test, but well... I should have made this the first tip. Lets call it Tip Zero.

0. Stop playing the game and start playing WITH the game. Forget the fluff and see past the images to the code itself. The graphics are an illusion. There is what the fluff makes you THINK is supposed to happen, then there is how the code actually FUNCTIONS. To beat this challenge, you must see past the intent of the code and see the code for how it actually effects your in game avatar.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, dead frozen dude said:

Mr. Quonset Manager, Sir, wow, what I've just read, it's just... the most totally completely insane mental thing out there.

Not quite yet....

So there I am, figuring I'm dead. No water save a few .01kg cups of rose hips and Reishi tea, No calories. Ate my last cattail. Wolves at both exits to the hydro dam and I'm sitting, what to do... when I remember I still had that last Stim. And it occurred to me, I was saving it for a good time to heal myself, but why not use it for the unlimited stamina boost. So drank what little supplies I had left, ditched everything that wasn't absolutely essential to survival to get my weight down, then climbed up on top of the fence outside of the Hydro dam. Perched on top of the barbed wire, I threw rocks into the ravine to lure off the wolf, then shot myself up with an emergency stim and just ran, break neck, for camp office.

I don't know how, but not only did I not get eaten by wolves, but the one wolf that was along the way, got screwed up by the pathing and lost me at the derailment.

I only lost 2% over all as I had to drag my exhausted ass into the camp office.

5b981f42d89b8_ScreenShot2018-09-11at3_51_25PM.thumb.png.3a2fb4a6f2e2d11ea268ad5084b708c2.png

I have never been so happy to see a tin of sardines in my life.

And after I got there, rested and rehydrated, I ate up the cattails at the place, then crafted me a pair of brand new rabbit mittens and Deer skin boots...

just to be MEAN.

Now to figure out how to reopen the quonset.

Edited by TheEldritchGod
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

@TheEldritchGod congratulations! When would you say you felt over the 'hump'?

I was thinking, one way of collaborating an adventure would be to take a short video of the daily log, switching quickly through the days. A viewer, with a pause button, can then see where you went, when, condition range, injuries, calories consumed... Alas it's not a full motion picture but simple measure that gives a good deal of insight. It works retrospectively too of course.

Edited by Stone

15 hours ago, TheEldritchGod said:

I could just murder those wolves behind the dam, eat them, and say, "Screw the intestinal parasites. I only have to make it a day and 7 hours.

Just a thought on this.

Getting parasites doesn't actually cost you any condition, if I remember rightly (it's been a while since I got them in-game!). All they do is gradually decrease your maximum condition level, down to 70% or something, over the course of the infection. Is that right? So, if your condition is already lower than that, you can't regain any through sleep/staying healthy and you don't have enough stims to restore it above that level anyway, are they not effectively harmless in this scenario?

Edit: The same is true of Frostbite, I think. You can get the affliction even if your 'feels like' temp never dips below 0, if part of your body is uncovered. Frostbite doesn't actually cost you any condition either - it only reduces the maximum to which you can restore it. And in this scenario, you can't restore it anyway!

Edited by Pillock

Thanks, @TheEldritchGod... that was considerably more detail than I was expecting!

From attempts I'm seeing on Twitch, I'm not certain I agree with a couple of your points, but the jury is still out on those, so we'll have to wait and see. But that's not to detract at all from your experience and your suggestions.. they're pure gold.

8 hours ago, TheEldritchGod said:

Trying to scare off the wolf with a thrown lit torch is an art form, and one I have not mastered.

I don't think anyone has "mastered" that.. because the only way to do it directly, is by hitting the wolf smack in the face with the torch (or handheld flare). Which is much more down to luck than skill. Miss their face by even a small amount, and they'll ignore it.

A far better and more effective technique is to toss the torch (or handheld flare) so that it lands some distance ahead of the wolf. You then strafe left/right as needed to place the torch/flare directly between you and the wolf. As the wolf walks over it, it will burn their feet, and they'll run off screaming.. every single time.

5 hours ago, Stone said:

@TheEldritchGod congratulations! When would you say you felt over the 'hump'?

Day 30. 

And I am not joking. It really felt like every moment I was doing something. If I wasn't getting food, I was making water. If I wasn't getting water, I was trying to max out my skills. I took the time to harvest hides for clothing, but the truth is, I never got the time to make them until after I got to day 30. Even then, I'm screwed. If I was going to keep playing, I need to get a MASSIVE amount of food. I'm out. Of everything. I got a dozen teas and that's it. Maybe head to FM and grab a few dozen cattails, maybe CH and loot that map, have not touched it yet, but I honestly am unsure how to get to CH without taking a condition hit. I won't have enough calories to make it across the ravine map and I think I got one cup of coffee left. I sacrificed everything to get to day 30 and I honestly have no idea what to do next that is viable in the long term. I need a bow and arrow if I'm going to survive, but I have no idea how to gather enough stuff to get either forge going.

I think I'm just going to leave it along because it was a fluke. This was a nonstop cavalcade of "Someone Must Like Me" because 3 stims is a ton to find. The weather has been amazing. The deer practically walked up to the wolves and exposed their throats. The bears never came out until I was leaving an area. I don't know if I could reproduce this in a month.

I suppose getting the matches at the starting point was a "hump". Getting the bedroll was a hump. Getting the firestarter, the mag glass, the hammer, the hacksaw, but the real game changer was the flare gun. I even used it to just scare off wolves form a kill. Yes, a waste, but my goal was day 30, not carefully husbanding my resources for a 500 day run.

Although... I think I might trying this again with the "healing while resting" turned up just a smidge. Just a little bit of healing while sleeping. Just enough to make the herbal tea mean something. That small amount of wiggle room would make this a hell of a lot less aggravating. While I enjoy having pulled it off, it was very... hrmmm...

It broke immersion. There was no way to PLAY the game. You couldn't be in character. You couldn't be in the moment, because everything needed to be measured. Every time I took 10 minutes to harvest some cloth, I agonized if that was going to kill me. If I just started a blizzard and now I won't find food and now I will die. Interesting as a thought experiment, not "fun" in a traditional sense.

This was more like "IRON MAN TRIATHLON" and less like an enjoyable 36 mile, three day hike. One is for fun,  One is something you spend a year training for.

Edited by TheEldritchGod

I like the game to be hard, but also make sense. Things like not being able to sleep for more than six hours without dying of dehydration, having to eat an insane number of animals(constantly), cooking like a three year old.....and the sprains jesus. I was walking on a flat wooden path and I sprained my wrist. How is that even possible? Did a particularly strong breeze hit my tissue paper wrist or something?

Anyways that sort of stuff is really hurting the fun I have with this. 

Ok.. it's my sad duty to inform everyone that TheDEADP00L had gotten to day 29 in terrific fashion, with around 20% condition, despite several severe screw-ups, and then, flushed with the scent of victory after insta-killing a bear with the bow, made an ill-advised charge up Bear Creek towards the cabin, in the teeth of a near blizzard, in an attempt to go to FM for another stim.

He got to the ravine with less than 10% condition left, almost no water and almost no firewood. He made it as far as Deathtrap Cave before the weather deteriorated again, and death came shortly after.. it was quite painful to watch.

R.I.P. TheDEADP00L #8

Moral: Don't let enthusiasm over-rule your brain.