Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

17 hours ago, Admin said:

Please refrain from posting screenshots taken with the use of mods. All such posts will be deleted and users may be suspended/banned from the forums.

Thank you.

Just curious as to why you recently posted this?  Did you recently delete screenshots that you suspected were taken with the use of mods?

6 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

Just curious as to why you recently posted this?  Did you recently delete screenshots that you suspected were taken with the use of mods?

The guy who fell through the world and took a screenshot of Quincy's interior from below.

It's a bug. Not really mod related. I don't use mods and I've had it happen to me a few times. It happens after the loading screen when entering interiors. It's completely random apart from that fact though. Good thing is that when you exit and load, you're no longer falling.

12 hours ago, rancid0 said:

im pretty sure someone did, i commented on a pic someone else uploaded and now i see the pic and my comment are gone.

do you recall which one it was?  could have been mine, but if that's the case, then they owe me an apology because i dont use mods in my game .  

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, shade_grey said:

The guy who fell through the world and took a screenshot of Quincy's interior from below.

It's a bug. Not really mod related. I don't use mods and I've had it happen to me a few times. It happens after the loading screen when entering interiors. It's completely random apart from that fact though. Good thing is that when you exit and load, you're no longer falling.

well, that was mine for sure... certainly isnt a friggin mod!  Glitch in the game and we for damn sure shouldn't be censored or threatened with being banned from the forums.

if anything they should have moved it to support to see why problems that like continue to affect a game that has been in "development" for 4 years!

26 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

if anything they should have moved it to support to see why problems that like continue to affect a game that has been in "development" for 4 years!

I have a feeling that somebody reported the post and Hinterland didn't look any deeper. They might not even know that it's a bug. It's only ever happened to me three or four times in 2k+ hours of gameplay. I have no idea what causes it. I hasn't happened to me since the rugged sentinel update at all so I didn't even know that it still happens. It's just so random.

1 hour ago, rancid0 said:

two more awesome shots ruined by my hud... makes me wanna rant about contextual hud settings.

What platform are you on? If you are playing on Steam, the F10 key will give you a HD and hudless image, saved to your desktop, rather than the Steam Screenshots Uploader. Not sure about other platforms though. As much as I play on XBone, I rarely take shots there, on Steam I take far too many. On Steam, there is no need to actually toggle the HUD off to get clean shots, at least.

• Upvote 1

On 7/19/2019 at 8:17 AM, piddy3825 said:

well, that was mine for sure... certainly isnt a friggin mod!  Glitch in the game and we for damn sure shouldn't be censored or threatened with being banned from the forums.

A number of images were deleted, some were using mods and others were using known issues or accessing closed off areas of the game. Please keep this to images taken during regular gameplay.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Still skulking around at night in DP, but I'll be fine. Matt had a prybar for me. Left the rifle at Hibernia, to heavy too lug around, until I go visit Scruffy. No hatchet, no knife. Just a prybar and a hacksaw. What could go wrong? ;)

Managed to avoid sprains, even though evading wolves and Old grumpy required some quick goating around. But, I was under max carry weight, so, I pushed it. Not much loot found, scarce Stalker run so far. I'll hit the church, the mines and Katie's Corner over the next few days. Prybar did get me some decent clothing out of car trunks though, so... worth it.

And Mother Nature graced me with some truly gorgeous Aurora light displays. Luckily, no Moose yet, not ready for him yet without my rifle, or a bow and some arrows. Riken tomorrow, I think for arrowheads.

Enjoy the lovely skies I was given. It never gets old.

screen_fab9cff6-9559-4617-85c5-3a8e7aff3cf0_hi.thumb.png.6561466a0502581ecce6c8e5d5aa4279.png

screen_d8d5559c-87ac-4f8f-b95d-42cdf3ee79ac_hi.thumb.png.2b2155c270d293b8b912cafb93447429.png

screen_65432f84-1ec2-4c03-8e46-82654fb7816f_hi.thumb.png.2ffe6bd0bea892fbe831c6ccb98eccf3.png

screen_80083af5-1047-48a4-b1a6-ea41a2db9524_hi.thumb.png.cbd1682fc501067ad539f36b7640e624.png

screen_c23a0a60-f4cb-4471-a047-76091729d7fe_hi.thumb.png.1ddf215d77eff8ea284a918504657c49.png

screen_c1946dc4-713c-4f7a-b9f2-30c722bf785a_hi.thumb.png.5420dd6d575ae2903bb9292effecf2fd.png

And getting home at sunrise with only a small risk of hypothermia was a bit of a shock, but not something I will complain about. Fire is life out here, and Matt's truck actually gave me nice windbreak for one, to warm up with. Thanks Matt. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten. Though I am a bit upset you did not have a stale granola bar for me. ;)screen_bd44a94b-9534-4f1d-8601-b45d75152a07_hi.thumb.png.1f84145eadf9bb5d1e139b1ad1fd14db.png

screen_94366556-9058-453b-ab9d-8645967115df_hi.thumb.png.b6bb19bf64aa804b291417828377e52d.png

• Upvote 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FrozenCorpse said:

You've got some awesome shots there.  That shot over the lighthouse is my fav, but there are a few close seconds...

I also left my rifle in DP this last pass thru (cuz it was 43% and I didn't want to waste so much of my cleaning kit on it) and the strategy just paid off this afternoon when I found one at 93% in the middle of nowhere in CH!  My Silent Hunter chevo is about to pop and then I'll be finally packin' some HEAT.

Lol! Random spawn on a Stalker run, dropped me into my favorite region, but Hibernia was not as good for loot as usual. My rifle is at 42%. And no cleaning kit yet. Part of the reason I just left it at base.  Still early on in this run, but if I don't find one at the church, I may just leave the rifle at Hibernia, and head off to CrH and CH, to see if I have better luck with loot there. And thanks for the compliment on the shots. What I put my poor gal through just to get them, sometimes. ;) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rancid0 said:

Thanks!

I'm on ps4 so no f10 key for me :( I'm forced to go into my options and turn my HUD off whenever i want a screenshot... something i forget to do all the time lol.

Apart from taking a HUDless screenshot, F10 also takes a screenshot with a resolution that's usually higher than gameplay resolution. Would be nice if Hinterland would make something similar in console editions.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FrozenCorpse said:

The variety of atmospheric lighting effects with such varying & spectacular sunsets / sunrises is one of my favorite aspects of the game...

I can't decide if it reminds me more of apricots or peaches.  Hmm... someone's hungry for fresh fruit... 🙂

I was at Trader Joe's yesterday and stared at the "Apriums" and "Plucots" for a while - apparently one is more apricot-ish and one is more plum-y. That sunset makes me think of both. 😂

18 hours ago, devamadhu said:

View from the plane - I don't think I've ever seen this kind of sunset before.

1834310932_PlaneView.thumb.png.5e5847a0b1afbb15af5699e856fc1914.png

As much as I love lighting in TLD, this frame informed me of something I did not realize was missing from TLD. Appropriate back lighting, on some distant objects. There is no aura of light coming around the mountains, no light beams, granted the lighting in this game is supposed to be muted and subtle. This is missing. There is no way, physically, that no light would spill over or wash through, the sides of these mountains. Light should still be surging up through the valleys here. Something is not quite right, imho.

crepuscular rays~had to look it up.

49 minutes ago, slvrsrfr said:

As much as I love lighting in TLD, this frame informed me of something I did not realize was missing from TLD. Appropriate back lighting, on some distant objects. There is no aura of light coming around the mountains, no light beams, granted the lighting in this game is supposed to be muted and subtle. This is missing. There is no way, physically, that no light would spill over or wash through, the sides of these mountains. Light should still be surging up through the valleys here. Something is not quite right, imho.

crepuscular rays~had to look it up.

At this time of day, since the sun is so far beneath the horizon, I don't think there would be a lot of illumination. I looked up some IRL sunsets and they seem to be similar to this shot. I also have the graphics set pretty low, so there might be some normal details missing...but in general, I agree they've made some very intentional stylistic choices that sacrifice some of the realism. 

Something I've noticed about the muted/subtle light is that it actually makes the game more challenging. If there were tons of light rays illuminating the scenery at sunset, it would be much easier to navigate the world and notice more subtle details. Like in my screenshot, you can barely see the Mountaineer's Hut in the bottom right.