The Long Dark Updated to v 2.21 (Steam)

Admin

Hello Community,

We have just released our v2.21 (118182) Hotfix for THE LONG DARK (including Survival Edition), and TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY on Steam following the release of v2.20. 

GENERAL

• Gameplay - Fixed an issue where containers disappeared for players using Interloper or Custom game modes, resulting in missing items. Please note that some players may recover their lost items if the Lost and Found box was present in the same room as the impacted container, however, items will not be recovered if the Lost and Found box was not present.

To check current releases on each platform, please visit our new Build Status Page

Please visit our Support Portal (or consult our Known Issues page) if you encounter any issues while playing the game. For additional news and information, don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio). 

### END OF RELEASE NOTES ###

• Upvote 5

It was a game changing bug so they tried to hurry up a fix.  

I know in my Pilgrim game that water put into glove compartments would disappear when I passed through any transition that caused the locations containing those vehicles to unspawn.  I am just glad that I only put basically expendable items like water and maybe birch bark tea into glove compartment.  Now I am concerned because a couple recent times I actually forgot to pick up my improvised down bedroll before walking away.  If the disappearing water event goes away then fine but losing stuff like that can be quite troubling.  

See if 2.21 fixes that.  

Still haven't dealt with the abandoned prepper cache loss of player items stored there.  It was unexpected as the update was supposed to put the previously removed and now revamped prepper caches back into play and abandoned prepper cache had not be removed so should not have been included.  

and abandoned prepper cache had not be removed so should not have been included.

The abandoned cache is a different issue altogether. They revamped the scene and made it look more abandoned. It seemingly only did some things like get rid of the bed, but behind the scenes it seems to have changed more.

39 minutes ago, Kayosiv said:

None of my containers ever disappeared, but I'm missing 4 containers worth of LOTS of irreplaceable items. Is this a separate issue that's being looked into I hope?

This is the same bug, I think the patch notes worded it a little clumsily, but that's it.

Edited by xanna

11 hours ago, rush247 said:

Question, does anyone know if this restores items for anyone that quit without saving as soon as they noticed the problem?  I would assume yes but want to make sure.

I tested with multiple backups, you should be fine as long as you never saved the game on 2.20

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, bysinda said:

Does anyone else have problems with timberwolves at bleak inlet? Mine leave no blood trail, pawprints disappear within seconds 

I've had no decals whatsoever since the last major update and subsequent hotfixes. All decals means blood splatter from a weapon hit or wolf struggle doesn't exist, blood drops from a wounded but not dead animal don't appear, spraypaint markings are gone (both freshly painted and relics from prior saves), the crap on the snow after you search for acorns, etc. All of it. All gone.

5 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

I've had no decals whatsoever since the last major update and subsequent hotfixes. All decals means blood splatter from a weapon hit or wolf struggle doesn't exist, blood drops from a wounded but not dead animal don't appear, spraypaint markings are gone (both freshly painted and relics from prior saves), the crap on the snow after you search for acorns, etc. All of it. All gone.

I just had a sudden realization--even the "loose scraps of paper" decals that are used as interior decoration are also missing.

So far, everything seems to be working fine, except for a bug with meat cooking: No calory bonus based on cooking level is applied and, regardless of the size of the raw meat, it turns into a full 1kg piece causing an exploit where one can micro harvest a bear and turn it into easily 300.000 calories.

Not game-breaking in a negative sense, but it should have somewhat of a priority to be fixed quickly if possible.

Edited by Laika Ivanova
Wrote a word twice by accident.
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Laika Ivanova said:

So far, everything seems to be working fine, except for a bug with meat cooking: No calory bonus based on cooking level is applied and, regardless of the size of the raw meat, it turns into a full 1kg piece causing an exploit where one can micro harvest a bear and turn it into easily 300.000 calories.

Not game-breaking in a negative sense, but it should have somewhat of a priority to be fixed quickly if possible.

Chiming in to add another voice to the "I cooked a chicken nugget and it became a whole roast turkey" glitch.

• Upvote 2

On 7/15/2023 at 2:14 PM, Jalos said:

New problem In my game v2.21 :  look likes the Cooking V extra calories is missing from cooked items, at least 1kg Cooked Bear  Meat only 900kcal .

Cooked Wolf meat is only 700kcal also.

I noticed that last night too.

14 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

I just had a sudden realization--even the "loose scraps of paper" decals that are used as interior decoration are also missing.

May check your mods.  Last time that happened to me, it was them.  My decals are okay here.

9 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

May check your mods.  Last time that happened to me, it was them.  My decals are okay here.

Good call, turned out to be the Gear Spawner mod, they snuck an update in and I never noticed. And would've never thought to check that for decal-related anything since I don't have any of the base customizing mods installed. (Having everything become a clickable object introduces frustrations of its own.)

Oh and you have NO idea how hard it is to track animals when they don't leave blood trails! Heck, sometimes you can't even tell if you hit at all.

Edited by ajb1978

We are currently working to resolve the issue where water is disappearing from containers, along with a number of other high-priority issues. We appreciate your patience, and we will have more information in the very near future. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1