The Long Dark Updated to v2.19 (Steam)

Admin

Hello Community,

We have just released our v2.19 (117518) Hotfix for THE LONG DARK (including Survival Edition), and TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY on Steam. (Please note that we will provide a separate update when the Hotfix is available for Epic Games Store, Xbox, and PlayStation in the coming days.) 

GENERAL

• General - Fixed an issue that caused the game to become stuck on a black screen when launched while Steam was in "Offline Mode."
  • UI - Fixed an issue that caused the Stamina Bar to appear persistently on the HUD.
  • UI - Fixed an issue that caused items to stack incorrectly, resulting in all items reflecting the Condition of the base stack regardless of the condition of each item.   
  • UI - Fixed an issue that prevented players from placing food items from the Radial Menu.
  • UI - Added a message on the HUD to indicate when a player attempts to harvest a ravaged Carcass.
  • UI - Fixed an issue where, when accessing the Menu while using a controller, the Sort icon overlapped with other Menu items.
  • UI - Added text for the "Ptarmigan Carcass" and "Ptarmigan Nest" in the Map Details.
  • UI - Fixed an issue that caused Improvised Insulation to use the wrong icon in the Crafting menu.
  • UI - Fixed missing UI elements when selecting the Tip-Up from the Ice Fishing Menu.
  • UI - Fixed an issue where some players could not Exit or Select items from the Tales Journal Tab when using a controller.
  • UI - Fixed overlapping text when crafting the Improvised Bed Roll. 
  • Environment - Airfield - Fixed an issue where the Forge was missing from the Airfield Hangar Basement.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue where animals appeared to switch back and forth between living and dead states after being killed. 
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that allowed players to craft Tip Ups under Wolf corpses.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue where the weight of a stack of items was incorrectly based on a single item's weight, and not the combined weight of the items.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused Stamina to decrease at an accelerated rate when climbing a rope.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that prevented players from catching Fish while utilizing any Lure.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused players to receive the error message “Failed to Restore the game from a previous Save” when trying to exit an interior to any Region, preventing the player from exiting.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused meat to revert to an uncooked state when dragged from a Cooking Slot to the ground. 
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused Baked Potatoes to float when placed.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused Cooked Potatoes to revert to raw if the player transitioned to a new area. 
  • Gameplay - Decreased the decay time for Cooking Oil, Salt, and Flour.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue where the Canned Corn was not being lit correctly by light sources when placed. 

To check current releases on each platform, please visit our new Build Status Page

Please visit our Support Portal (or consult our Known Issues page) if you encounter any issues while playing the game. For additional news and information, don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio). 

### END OF RELEASE NOTES ###

• Upvote 8
  • Like 5

Fixed an issue that caused items to stack incorrectly, resulting in all items reflecting the Condition of the base stack regardless of the condition of each item. 

Damn. Now I have to craft new arrows again 😂

But seriously, good job. That seems to fix many of the urgent issues.

Edited by Serenity
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Looks good.  

Got my arrows, antibiotics, pain killers, cardboard and wood matches, all updated and consolidated 😁.  Maybe I can start to rely on containers again.  Hopefully the random condition glitch will also go away.  :(

5 hours ago, Admin said:

Hello Community,

We have just released our v2.19 (117518) Hotfix for THE LONG DARK (including Survival Edition), and TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY on Steam. (Please note that we will provide a separate update when the Hotfix is available for Epic Games Store, Xbox, and PlayStation in the coming days.) 

GENERAL

• General - Fixed an issue that caused the game to become stuck on a black screen when launched while Steam was in "Offline Mode."
  • UI - Fixed an issue that caused the Stamina Bar to appear persistently on the HUD.
  • UI - Fixed an issue that caused items to stack incorrectly, resulting in all items reflecting the Condition of the base stack regardless of the condition of each item.   
  • UI - Fixed an issue that prevented players from placing food items from the Radial Menu.
  • UI - Added a message on the HUD to indicate when a player attempts to harvest a ravaged Carcass.
  • UI - Fixed an issue where, when accessing the Menu while using a controller, the Sort icon overlapped with other Menu items.
  • UI - Added text for the "Ptarmigan Carcass" and "Ptarmigan Nest" in the Map Details.
  • UI - Fixed an issue that caused Improvised Insulation to use the wrong icon in the Crafting menu.
  • UI - Fixed missing UI elements when selecting the Tip-Up from the Ice Fishing Menu.
  • UI - Fixed an issue where some players could not Exit or Select items from the Tales Journal Tab when using a controller.
  • UI - Fixed overlapping text when crafting the Improvised Bed Roll. 
  • Environment - Airfield - Fixed an issue where the Forge was missing from the Airfield Hangar Basement.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue where animals appeared to switch back and forth between living and dead states after being killed. 
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that allowed players to craft Tip Ups under Wolf corpses.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue where the weight of a stack of items was incorrectly based on a single item's weight, and not the combined weight of the items.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused Stamina to decrease at an accelerated rate when climbing a rope.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that prevented players from catching Fish while utilizing any Lure.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused players to receive the error message “Failed to Restore the game from a previous Save” when trying to exit an interior to any Region, preventing the player from exiting.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused meat to revert to an uncooked state when dragged from a Cooking Slot to the ground. 
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused Baked Potatoes to float when placed.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused Cooked Potatoes to revert to raw if the player transitioned to a new area. 
  • Gameplay - Decreased the decay time for Cooking Oil, Salt, and Flour.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue where the Canned Corn was not being lit correctly by light sources when placed. 

To check current releases on each platform, please visit our new Build Status Page

Please visit our Support Portal (or consult our Known Issues page) if you encounter any issues while playing the game. For additional news and information, don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio). 

### END OF RELEASE NOTES ###

Any status updates for no ptarmigans in custom or even listed in the spawn options for customs and recipe cards not spawning?

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the patch notes @Admin! I'm assuming the missing Radial items will be coming in a future update, so all is well now. Just as long as I don't have to hear the terrifying sounds of a dead bear stalking my dreams when I go to harvest it. :)

• Upvote 1

"Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused players to receive the error message “Failed to Restore the game from a previous Save” when trying to exit an interior to any Region, preventing the player from exiting."

So does this mean people that thought their save was lost can now play it again?  Anyone care to confirm?

5 hours ago, rush247 said:

"Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused players to receive the error message “Failed to Restore the game from a previous Save” when trying to exit an interior to any Region, preventing the player from exiting."

So does this mean people that thought their save was lost can now play it again?  Anyone care to confirm?

Can confirm on Steam! Just loaded up my pre-patch save that was stuck inside with this bug, and walked outside with no problems!

• Upvote 4

There still seems to be something off with the stacking. It doesn't merge conditions anymore, but partially eat a cat tail. It will show the partial calorie count, but only shown one stack of cat tails. Didn't that use to produce a single partial cat tail and then a stack of full ones? Maybe I'm misremembering here.

It's not the end of the world. You can eat the partial one and then you have a proper 100% stack again. So you aren't losing anything. And it tidies up the inventory a bit. So maybe that's an intentional change. But it's not quite clear if it's now supposed to work like this.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Renn said:

Can confirm on Steam! Just loaded up my pre-patch save that was stuck inside with this bug, and walked outside with no problems!

Good to know these people can continue to play. 🥳  I hope that not all of them deleted their save thinking it was gone for good.

Edited by rush247
  • Upvote 1

On 6/29/2023 at 10:12 PM, Renn said:

I've now found one of the recipes on my pre-part 3 custom run, but no ptarmigans yet. Anyone else had any luck?

Yup, found them in high places each time. So far, I've seen at least 4 nests in FA, none in Transfer Pass and Far Branch, 2 in BRR, 2 in FM, 4 in MT, and I'm now heading to HRV to check for ingredients... The weather has to be sympathic for them to show up but the fog is not a problem, except to actually see them ;)

• Admin unpinned this topic