TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY, Part Three is Here!

Admin

44 minutes ago, Serenity said:

Has the visor notes not spawning been fixed? Don't see that in the patch notes

Nice about some of those other fixes though. A few of those bugs were really annoying

We are still investigating reports of this issue, and we will share more information as it becomes available. If you have additional details, please reach out via our Support Portal: http://hinterlandgames.com/support 

• Like 1

I do love that I got called out for posting "spoilers" with no specific locations/items in them, but not a single peep on the comments that do "spoil" specific items in specific locations.

Let's just say I'm one of those new ingredients right now...

Thanks for this updates, it looks very cool. Only concern I may have regarding the cooking system is knowing how difficult it is to get fed properly in TLD, it may require some time to gather the ingredients to cook stuffs. But well, I haven't played it yet so cannot tell, I guess the balance was made properly even in higher difficulty levels.

1 hour ago, Renn said:

I do love that I got called out for posting "spoilers" with no specific locations/items in them, but not a single peep on the comments that do "spoil" specific items in specific locations.

Let's just say I'm one of those new ingredients right now...

Haven't had time yet.....   I'm on it.😊

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, isacsoyo said:

its been 6 hours since the launch video came out and the update STILL isnt on Epic, what is going on?

The best part is that the Epic version main menu screen has an announcement about how Part 3 is available now to tease us right inside the game about an update we can't have.

2 hours ago, yoli said:

Only concern I may have regarding the cooking system is knowing how difficult it is to get fed properly in TLD, it may require some time to gather the ingredients to cook stuffs. But well, I haven't played it yet

Then maybe play a bit before you jump to conclusions. You only need to look at the cooking menu. The new recipes are an addition. All the old stuff is still there.

1 hour ago, Serenity said:

Then maybe play a bit before you jump to conclusions. You only need to look at the cooking menu. The new recipes are an addition. All the old stuff is still there.

I am not "jumping to conclusions" as I said I didn't play yet. However now I have played and after about 1h of play in my current survival game (in Stalker mode), I found 0 of the new ingredients. I will see over time how it goes. An elaborate cooking system is great, but the game by nature makes it difficult to find food, so elaborate cooking and survival are kind of antagonist concepts. Anyway, let's see with more playing.

I am sure there is something in these updates that I can enjoy.  Being able to make some snacks for the road as I explore is nice.  I also appreciate the added buffs from the recipes and the fishing overhaul makes fishing instead of hunting more of an option, which is great.

My biggest issue with these updates is that none of them make the game more challenging in any way.  It's nice to see the game have more options and cozy comforts are much appreciated, however I would have hoped that the game would get rebalenced around these new systems.  Something like wolves and bears stealing food on the ground and a more aggressive food poisoning mechanic, for example, might help make fresh food more precious.

We couldn't have gotten bird eggs to eat?

Just loaded up my save & immediately started finding lots of the new ingredients in various already-looted places (buildings with kitchens). It's really nice to find new variety in the items. Loving this so far.:peaches:

• Upvote 1

On 6/22/2023 at 4:58 PM, acada said:

I like the fact that nice homemade meal can fight the cabin fever. I had no chance to run the game. Isnt it there some negative feat like ovestuffing?

So the balance is that the stews and pies made with meat increase your scent meter.  
just found out that wolves like the smell of my 

never mind 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

This update is really adding to the late game… I like the new unencumbered benefit!  Still trying to find these additional recipes for the recycled cans though.  And what do I do with the potatoes and carrots? Must be for a future update… It’s causing me to re-explore all the areas again looking for cooking recipes and supplies.  Still looking for the new revolvers…

Still so much to do!

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Serenity said:

There are recipes for them. Which need a lot of them though. You can also cook potatoes as they are. And I think carrots can be eaten raw.

I don’t think they spawned on my current play through.  I’ve been to every map except desolation point, and I’ve found NOTHING.   No variants either. 😕