The Long Dark Hotfixed to v1.94 [76129]

Admin

18523697_HotfixBannerv1.94-SteamCover-800x450.png.c89fbfc6cc64eda53de709d6165e3858.png

We’ve released our v1.94 Hotfix for The Long Dark. If you encounter any issues while playing the game please visit our Support Portal

To stay up-to-date with news and information about The Long Dark and Hinterland, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio).  

GENERAL FIXES

• [General] Fixed a systemic issue when tracking time that caused tracked time in Challenges and the Journal screen to be incorrect.
  • [Gameplay] Fixed an issue where liquids would not become “Burnt Dry”, when being cooked for too long.
  • [Gameplay] A loaded Rifle will now no longer lose the additional weight of the loaded cartridge, after transitioning between locations. 
  • [Gameplay] Fixed a rare issue that could cause a player’s keyboard controls to become unresponsive, for no obvious reason. 
  • [Audio] Cans and Pots now play sound effects when placed onto a cooking slot, as intended.
  • [Audio] Fixed an issue that prevented Players from starting Episode 1 if their Master or Voice volume was set to 0.  

GENERAL ART FIXES

• [Enviro] Fixed several rough geometry locations found in the Crumbling Highway that could hinder the Player's movement.
  • [Enviro] The Wolf’s Jaw Overlook Polaroid location is no longer blocked by terrain. 

USER INTERFACE

• [UI] Fixed alignment of the Carcass Harvesting trigger to better align with the center of the model.
  • [UI] Fixed an issue that caused the Technical Pack’s item description to disappear after a transition to a new area.
  • [UI] Implemented a check in the Journal to try and recover lost Survival mode stats. Note this cannot recover data from deleted saves, but will try to recover the best values available.
  • [UI] Menus will now correctly remember the last selected item, when returning from a sub-menu. 
  • [Map] Filters no longer reset when navigating away from the Journal page.  

WINTERMUTE

• [EP 3] Removed “Pass Time” as an option when the Player is unable to pass time due to narrative events. 

CHALLENGE MODES

• [Nomad]  Fixed an issue that caused the Player’s Journal to appear empty, when first starting the Nomad Challenge. 
  • [Nomad] Fixed an issue that caused the Nomad Challenge to only track half the time spent at a location.
  • [Darkwalker] Localized several missing strings.
  • Like 9

Tracked time, Journal, and Challenge time is only important to speedrunners and long time survival record hunters - and EXTREMELY important to them. One record can represent hundreds of hours played.

QUESTION: Does the fix affect challenge completion time and # days survived, so that every speedrun and survival record is junk now? It would be good with more detailed information how this affects survival records and speedrun records.

I was hoping that the Enviro fix in AC was giving access to the plateau above Climber's Cave, but nothing has changed there. You've placed wildlife and loot on the plateau. All it would take is a log bridge across the narrow canyon next to the plateau. Will this plateau be accessible in future?

UI fixes seem good, and you've worked on the teas. 👍 I will check if you can still leave teas on/near fire in the evening, fire burns out, teas still hot in the morning.

Edited by Gun Tech.

26 minutes ago, Philip said:

Great to see the fixes.

Was hoping to see a fix to the pinnacle peaches not giving the warm buff.

They now give 35 mins of warmth buff.

20 hours ago, Admin said:

GENERAL FIXES

• [Gameplay] Fixed an issue where liquids would not become “Burnt Dry”, when being cooked for too long.

...and now teas dropped next to a fire, forge, etc turn into Inedible Burned Stuff in 30 mins :/

Also, teas dropped next to a fire that is <30m long will be Hot forever.

It's not good when teas don't work as they should, they are one of the most important factors for survival in the game.

• Upvote 1

I was delighted to see this update, especially when I saw that,

[Enviro] The Wolf’s Jaw Overlook Polaroid location is no longer blocked by terrain

I took this to suggest that the plateau above the Climbers Cave in AC could be accessed.  I was just about to make a batch of arrowheads on Riken but dropped that to race over to AC to get on to that plateau.  It was a long journey, and when I got to AC I could still not get up on to the plateau. 

I can't decide whether there is a route up that I have  missed, or there is a bit of a catch to it.  HTL's description of the update is carefully worded.  I once found a Wolf’s Jaw Overlook Polaroid another place and wonder if it is not the simplistic route up to the plateau that I hoped for.

• Upvote 1

On 4/28/2021 at 12:49 PM, Admin said:

[Enviro] Fixed several rough geometry locations found in the Crumbling Highway that could hinder the Player's movement.

This could be done to the base of the treebridge by the frozen corpse in the Ravine. It needs it BADLY IMO. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, peteloud said:

I was delighted to see this update, especially when I saw that,

[Enviro] The Wolf’s Jaw Overlook Polaroid location is no longer blocked by terrain

I took this to suggest that the plateau above the Climbers Cave in AC could be accessed.  I was just about to make a batch of arrowheads on Riken but dropped that to race over to AC to get on to that plateau.  It was a long journey, and when I got to AC I could still not get up on to the plateau. 

I can't decide whether there is a route up that I have  missed, or there is a bit of a catch to it.  HTL's description of the update is carefully worded.  I once found a Wolf’s Jaw Overlook Polaroid another place and wonder if it is not the simplistic route up to the plateau that I hoped for.

You and me bro :) If you'd read my post above, it might have saved some aggravation. :)

FIX FOR BURNING TEAS

When the tea is fully warm, look at it. If it says "Burning in x minutes", place it (elsewhere) on the ground next to the heat source. It will warm up again in 3 minutes, and will stay warm without burning, no matter how long the fire is. (No, you can't move it before it's warmed up, it will burn.)

CARCASS LABELS

Seems to work except for snared rabbits (or stunned rabbits, which can then get away).

7 hours ago, Gun Tech. said:

They now give 35 mins of warmth buff.

Did you definitely eat the full can?

You only get the 60 mins buff from a full can - after that it is proportionate to the amount you eat.

Every other heat buff is 1hr in game so it'd be surprising if it was different for this one item.

I got it to work once but once only. The other foods still worked fine for the heat buff but I couldn't get the heat buff from the peaches to work again after the initial try. I'll test again later but right now that is still looking bugged to me considering how everything else worked fine.

My understanding of:

"[Enviro] The Wolf’s Jaw Overlook Polaroid location is no longer blocked by terrain."

Is that they  meant that the polaroid location itself is no longer blocked, i.e. the location has changed? So I presume they just moved that box elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Zaknafein said:

My understanding of:

"[Enviro] The Wolf’s Jaw Overlook Polaroid location is no longer blocked by terrain."

Is that they  meant that the polaroid location itself is no longer blocked, i.e. the location has changed? So I presume they just moved that box elsewhere.

No, that would be a strange interpretation. The sentence reads like "you know that spot? it's no longer blocked". Which spot? Polaroid spot.

If they moved it and didn't say they moved it, it would be like someone saying "you know our car with the bad brakes? the bad brakes are not a problem anymore" not because the brakes were fixed, but because the car crashed... :)

Edited by Gun Tech.
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gun Tech. said:
5 hours ago, Zaknafein said:

My understanding of:

No, that would be a strange interpretation. The sentence reads like "you know that spot? it's no longer blocked". Which spot? Polaroid spot.

If they moved it and didn't say they moved it, it would be like someone saying "you know our car with the bad brakes? the bad brakes are not a problem anymore" not because the brakes were fixed, but because the car crashed... :)

I read it as... "the spot at Wolf's Jaw Overlook where you can draw the map if you have the Polaroid is no longer blocked by terrain". I too tried to get to the plateau above Climber's Cave without "cheating" thinking they made it accessible... but as both @Gun Tech.and @peteloudstated... no such luck; however, when I did go up there, I no longer see the container with the Polaroid.

On 5/1/2021 at 8:40 AM, Azdrawee said:

@nicko @Glflegolas In 1.0, the option to pass time while cooking was "mandatory", because there was no manual cooking and cooking was just a progress bar. Manual cooking was implemented in Vigilant Flame (June 2018) and already included the option to pass time until ready.

Thanks for clarifying that up! I suppose I need to watch some of Paul Soares Jr's old videos of The Long Dark to remember what the good old days were like... or play a time capsule build, haha.

47 minutes ago, JaySovereign said:

Arg, why did you make it so that my "warming up" drinks now burn to a crisp when heating nearby a fire???

Yeah,  I think that is overdone. I can understand cans of beans burning to cinders, but surely not tea and coffee.

2 hours ago, peteloud said:

Yeah,  I think that is overdone. I can understand cans of beans burning to cinders, but surely not tea and coffee.

I'm pretty sure that this is a bug, actually. It's like how drinks can switch from hot, to cold, to hot again when picked up, when placed near the cook fire, that happened when Hesitant Prospect first came out. Sounds like the intended fix is borken.

• Upvote 3