The Long Dark Hotfixed to v1.94 [76129]

Admin

Hope it's a bug anyway, as weird as it sounds... it's very annoying particularly early game when you must have couple of buffs ready to go even on shortest of travels/harvests

Edited by Mistral

3 hours ago, Mistral said:

Hope it's a bug anyway, as weird as it sounds... it's very annoying particularly early game when you must have couple of buffs ready to go even on shortest of travels/harvests

It looks more like an intended feature:

GENERAL FIXES

• [Gameplay] Fixed an issue where liquids would not become “Burnt Dry”, when being cooked for too long.

7 hours ago, mfuegemann said:

It looks more like an intended feature:

GENERAL FIXES

• [Gameplay] Fixed an issue where liquids would not become “Burnt Dry”, when being cooked for too long.

Yeah but technically that could be interpreted as meaning when the items are on the actual cooking slot, instead of ground

(Wishful thinking ikr)

I mean I guess through micromanagement you could still keep switching back and forth between the cold and warm buffs but it can make harvesting in particular a bit annoying if you are keeping some buffs ready in case the wind blows fire out

Yes, I was surprised by that change too. Did like the former functionality...

There even is a strange behaviour now. If You drop a prepared beverage next to a fire, it needs around 6 min to get warm. If You touch and move the cup, the time increases to 15 min or so.

5 hours ago, stratvox said:

I'm pretty sure that this is a bug, and that liquids left next to a fire are not supposed to get burnt dry, but that liquids left on a fire are.

I agree.  I've noticed a few things with the teas that started with Hesitant Prospect.  The first thing I noticed was that if I had left teas by a burned out fire from before the update and then relit the fire after the update, none of the teas would indicate that they were warming up, but when I picked them up after several minutes by the fire, they would be "hot" in my inventory.  If left by the fire before this hotfix though, they would not burn up.  Now they burn up... I think in trying to correct the first bug, they've introduced a new one.  (I'm having a hard time breaking my habit of placing teacups on the mantels of the various fireplaces as a quick way of determining what I have in the way of medicinal teas when I come back to those areas.)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jeffpeng

That tea stuff ....

Not sure folks, but if you wanna set yourself apart from other studios you should start with not introducing game breaking bugs every once in a while.

I know, for a fact, programming is hard. I know time is short. I know things do go wrong. But every few patches I end up with a version that introduces some game breaking bug. And no, I won't play this game in this state, despite some wonky workarounds.

And please don't point me to the support page. Last time I (in exhausting length) explained a bug there the person working the ticket was like "naw that's a feature thx gtg bye" when it clearly wasn't. My other two submissions before that were simply ignored (and never fixed, either).

So, maybe try this 3 step program to become a miracle unicorn game company:

1. Actually test your code. Meaning both unit testing and play testing.
2. Actually communicate if a bug is actually a bug, and if you plan on working on it or not.
3. Actually pay attention to the bugs people are submitting to you, and not just silently ignoring them or "nah it's fine"-ing them.

I know all of this sounds silly, and nobody does this stuff. But hey, be wild. Try something radically new, and maybe it'll just work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2021 at 7:12 AM, jeffpeng said:

But every few patches I end up with a version that introduces some game breaking bug. And no, I won't play this game in this state, despite some wonky workarounds.

And please don't point me to the support page. Last time I (in exhausting length) explained a bug there the person working the ticket was like "naw that's a feature thx gtg bye" when it clearly wasn't. My other two submissions before that were simply ignored (and never fixed, either).

So, maybe try this 3 step program to become a miracle unicorn game company:

1. Actually test your code. Meaning both unit testing and play testing.
2. Actually communicate if a bug is actually a bug, and if you plan on working on it or not.
3. Actually pay attention to the bugs people are submitting to you, and not just silently ignoring them or "nah it's fine"-ing them.

This is my experience, too.

For me since the last update items from inventory/storage randomly disappear. Now I have a bled out animal carcass that is not visible but there're crows and feathers. I lost a bear-hide, pots and other not so hard to come by/important items. This makes the game unplayable. I've sent multiple bug reports, but haven't received any reply but the automated confirmation message.

Edited by zfp
  • Upvote 1

• Admin unpinned this topic