Put Items in the Visors Already!

Fierysaint

Everybody knows there is never anything in the car visors except for a few trolls and mis-rememberers. All they are really useful for is marking the cars you've been in, and satisfying that OCD itch. It's a waste of time and makes the game look incomplete. How is it after all these years after many, many updates that they haven't done anything about a bug so glaring in your face but yet so simple to fix?? Hinterland, PUT ITEMS IN THE VISORS ALREADY!

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

:D  I kind of rather they not do that.  I think it's an interesting little detail all on it's own.  I don't think we need a prize for checking them.

:coffee::fire:

Have you lost your gaming common sense? You call what is an obvious, cringy, unfinished flaw in the game "an interesting little detail". Wow. It puts most people off and frustrates much more than how "interesting" it is to never find jacksh*t. And of course you should get a "prize" for checking them. That is the whole point and concept of making openable containers in games since gaming has been around!

@Fierysaint

You posted on a forum...

I weighed in with my opinion...

We don't have to agree, but I don't see why you feel the need to try and insult me personally because I don't agree with your assertion.  Just because you have an opinion does not make it objectively true.  It just means you have an opinion.  I don't think folks should try to make declarative statements, just because they've convinced themselves that their point of view is the only one. :D  ...and I certainly don't think folks should try to start getting insulting just because people don't agree with you.

23 minutes ago, Fierysaint said:

It puts most people off and frustrates much more

Really?  Do you personally know the opinions of "most people?"  I don't think you do.  It seems to me like you are just making and assumption here.

25 minutes ago, Fierysaint said:

That is the whole point and concept of making openable containers in games since gaming has been around!

:D  Firstly, it's a visor... not a container.  :D
Visors move to enable the driver or passenger to shield their eyes from glare (generally from the sun - be it morning or evening).

Secondly... just because something has always been a certain way, doesn't mean it always has to be.

Look, just because you don't like something doesn't mean other's are wrong or stupid for disagreeing with you.

Bad form...
I think at this point you and I are done with this conversation. :)

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@Fierysaint

You posted on a forum...

I weighed in with my opinion...

We don't have to agree, but I don't see why you feel the need to try and insult me personally because I don't agree with your assertion.  Just because you have an opinion does not make it objectively true.  It just means you have an opinion.  I don't think folks should try to make declarative statements, just because they've convinced themselves that their point of view is the only one. :D  ...and I certainly don't think folks should try to start getting insulting just because people don't agree with you.

Really?  Do you personally know the opinions of "most people?"  I don't think you do.  It seems to me like you are just making and assumption here.

:D  Firstly, it's a visor... not a container.  :D
Visors move to enable the driver or passenger to shield their eyes from glare (generally from the sun - be it morning or evening).

Secondly... just because something has always been a certain way, doesn't mean it always has to be.

Look, just because you don't like something doesn't mean other's are wrong or stupid for disagreeing with you.

Bad form...
I think at this point you and I are done with this conversation. :)

You can't tell me I'm done with a conversation on a forum.

And there is no "opinion" here. It is either right to add items to the visors or it is not. I will guarantee you if you polled TLD players, "Should Hinterland add items to the openable visors?" then it would be overwhelmingly in favor of adding.

And me not liking something doesn't make someone wrong you are correct. But if I am right on what I don't like then by default it will make the disagreeing person wrong. And as I am new to this forum I have no idea how to conduct a poll or I most definitely would. Maybe you should seeing your experience on these forums! We can solve this together!

@Fierysaint

14 minutes ago, Fierysaint said:

You can't tell me I'm done with a conversation on a forum.

:D  Please read again, because I didn't say that... I said you and I were done with the conversation.   ...as in this interaction between you and I.

This very simply means, that I'm not going to talk with you about it any more since you felt entitled to get personally insulting with me simply because I didn't share your opinion.  I just don't have time for that sort of thing these days. :D

Also, to be clear... I never said your opinion was wrong.  I never even implied it.  I just simply stated that I didn't agree with you... that I don't think we need to find things in visors. :D

That's all... I'm not going to engage any further with you on this topic. :)  

Edited by ManicManiac

I don't know if all the possible polaroid locations have been found yet, but man...if one isn't tucked behind a visor somewhere, that is a major missed opportunity IMO!  Even if it's just glued to the ceiling and the visor covers it, that would avoid the problem of having to animate the photo moving with the visor.  I'm making a point to check them all, just in case.  So far nada though.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

but man...if one isn't tucked behind a visor somewhere that is a major missed opportunity IMO!

You make a good point.  That would be a reasonable place to find a photo tucked away. 

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac

If you are going to share an opinion on the forums you can expect people to consider it and react reasonably but there may be people who disagree with you. 

This is a final warning for this thread please arguing and focus on sharing your opinion of the topic. 

• Like 1

Guest kristaok

Maybe something like a photo?, but food etc just don't belong there. So all in all I am fine with the way it is.

32 minutes ago, kristaok said:

Maybe something like a photo?, but food etc just don't belong there. So all in all I am fine with the way it is.

If we have any more locked buildings in survivor mode (a la Paradise Meadows) a visor would be a good place to hide the key.  Perfectly plausible that someone would leave a backup house key up there.  After all, I carry a backup house key in the glove box, and a backup car key in my wallet.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Many years (and many patches) ago i've seen a Youtuber who found a beef yerky behind a visor once. But it was the only time i've seen that happening :D

I wish there would be more to find behind them, because right now it feels like unused space. Food behind a visor is unrealistic but notes from Backers? Or notes telling you something about the environment,  hints about a cache or a place where the writer had seen dangerous wildlife, a broken bridge? Or the note tells the player about the long road that lies ahead and just leads to a dead end? If you don't read it you just walk 2-3 minutes into nothing? That would be cool :)

Edited by Karl Grylls
  • Upvote 2

On 5/24/2020 at 8:21 PM, Karl Grylls said:

i've seen a Youtuber who found a beef yerky behind a visor once

Interesting... which YouTuber (and if possible, which specific video)?  I'd be very interested to see that.

I've always figured that was kind of a "video game urban legend," but if it really is out there I would love to see it.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

On 5/25/2020 at 8:05 PM, ManicManiac said:

Interesting... which YouTuber (and if possible, which specific video)?  I'd be very interested to see that.

I've always figured that was kind of a "video game urban legend," but if it really is out there I would love to see it.

I believe it was german youtuber Hirnsturz who did find it. But i checked his channel and there are only videos from the alpha status of the game, so i'm really not sure anymore if it was him. But i'm sure i saw it once and i think it was happening on the PV map. But as i said: many years ago

Edited by Karl Grylls

On 5/24/2020 at 3:25 PM, kristaok said:

a photo from one of the vista locations would be cool. It also fits in with what someone would put in a visor in real life (keys, photos, shopping reciepts... Recipies for survival stew?)

On 5/26/2020 at 3:14 PM, Karl Grylls said:

But i'm sure i saw it once and i think it was happening on the PV map. But as i said: many years ago

OK so this is interesting.  I have a memory that I have long since chalked up to a false memory, like I dreamed it and started to believe it really happened or something.  But I "remember" finding a granola bar once and only once behind the visor of a car, and I "remember" it being in Pleasant Valley.  Of course at the time that was a 50/50 shot since only PV and CH had cars so....meh.  As if I didn't question my memory enough as it is.

• Upvote 1